International Simulation Football League
*Zap - Interviewing Matt Jones - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Zap - Interviewing Matt Jones (/showthread.php?tid=42490)

*Zap - Interviewing Matt Jones - Zap - 12-10-2022

This is Ron Burgundy from DSFL Football News here with Matt Jones, s39 DSFL Draft prospect Matt Jones. Matt, how do you feel about what you saw in practice today? You seemed to have accomplished a lot.

MJ: Yeah, it looks like you know, we wanted to work on some little things, little details, going out and seeing our new team for the first time and not really game planning and just going off of basic fundamentals. It's always a little different the first day to come out, the second day to kind of get your feet wet, see what the team's about, see how we are playing and connecting. I mean, we didn't really know how other teams were going to play against us in the upcoming games. We just wanted to see if we could go off our fundamentals, so it was good to come out here today and be able to work on those things.

RB: How physical was today's environment?

MJ: It was pretty physical, I mean. Because it is the DSFL Prospect Tournament, you can expect some physical contact whenever you play against another team. However, I do believe that this week's working environment with my teammates has been excellent. Guys taking care of one another, not acting stupid or recklessly. Therefore, it was successful, and we still have another day to make use of a few more practices before playing our subsequent opponents.

RB: Did your tight ends work in the red zone today leave you impressed?

MJ: I mean, those guys play well. Big men playing hard always leave you feeling pretty impressed. Therefore, it is encouraging to see them playing outside. But more importantly, I'm just worried about trying to make my own plays because the better each of us does at our own thing, the better the units will be.

RB: How prepared is the group for the upcoming prospect game? Do you believe that, in terms of preparation, you are fairly close to where you would like to be at this point?

MJ: I believe we must make use of our practices, you know. We must enter, view the footage, and correct it. There's a lot of guys out there. We are still growing as a team. We're actually attempting to form our group, so you're not actually considering the following game much as you ought to. You are pondering the opportunity you have tomorrow to compete and work on situations, fundamentals, timing, and other aspects of your teamwork that need to be worked on.

RB: What do the wide receivers bring to the team and how do you perceive them working together?

MJ: Excellent teammates. All around, they exude a lot of energy. They put in a lot of effort, are disciplined, fast, and do a lot of things. They also make great catches, but what really matters is that they are great teammates. Having them in our locker room is exciting. It's invigorating to have these folks in our group since they truly will improve us, so it's been perfect.

RB: Let's get off the Prospect Tournament a bit and talk about the DSFL Draft Combine. First of all, how do you think you did today?

MJ: I figure I did all around well. My 40 yard time improved. I'm worn out on hearing 4.4 in light of the fact that I know I'm quicker. I am aware that some scouts measured me today at 4.3. I think I caught the ball well and looked good in my drills. Therefore, I believe I did a good job.

RB: How do you feel in your hamstrings?

MJ: It continues to nag. However, I am thankful to God that I survived today. It is still present, but hopefully it will vanish soon. It is definitely progressing.

RB: What sets you apart from the other draft cornerbacks?

MJ: My quickness, intelligence, and tenacity. I'm just a good football player in general. I also excel on special teams.

RB: What do you feel is your best fit in a DSFL team?

MJ: Kick and punt returner, wide receiver, Middle Line backer, cornerback, safety, and quarterback. Anything they ask of me.

RB: What steps are you taking to get ready for the draft?

MJ: Keep working out hard and exercising. Keep stretching to strengthen this hamstring. And without a doubt, I'm going to watch more movies to see how I can improve over last year.

RB: Which areas do you believe need the most work?

MJ: Most likely my strength. That would be the greatest thing, yet all at once that is showing up well.

RB: Which teams spoke with you today?

MJ: I will not tell you that haha.

RB: Thanks a lot for being here with me today for this interview. Good luck on this upcoming draft.

MJ: Thanks for having me.

There you have it folks. An exclusive interview with Cornerback S40 ISFL, S39 DSFL Draft prospect Matt Jones. I am Ron Burgundy?

832 words