International Simulation Football League
*Booter McGavin Enraged - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Booter McGavin Enraged (/showthread.php?tid=42875)

*Booter McGavin Enraged - ajtigger - 01-12-2023

Last season, Booter McGavin tied the San Jose record for fewest field goals attempted in a season with 25. This year, Booter is at an even worse pace, having only attempted eleven field goals through the Sabercats first 9 games of the season. This would put him on pace for just 21 field goals this year, our almost 20% lower than his historic low last season. After last games lose to the crash (another game where Booter did not attempt a field goal), I asked him about his thoughts on the lack of attempts

"It's really clear that I'm not getting the opportunity to showcase my special leg on this team. We just are never in field goal range" Booter continued "It would be one thing if this team was winning every game but we just slipped below .500 for the season. It sucks not being able to contribute to the point total and lose games. I can deal with one or the other but not both."

While Booter is rightfully frustrated for a mediocre season thus far, the Sabercats are also right to have not always provided Booter with the opportunity to kick longer field goals. While the kicker certainly has enough muscle in his legs to hit long attempts his accuracy leaves much to be desired. Only 8 of his 11 attempts have made it through the goal posts this season which is good for the second worst percentage in the league. When I asked Booter about his struggles he was very quick to point the finger at starting holder and QB Owen Farrell.

"It is 100% percent Farrell's fault I miss any field goal out there. Dude is by far the worst goddamn holder in the entire league. It is like someone gave Tony Romo some extra buttery popcorn and told him to go out there and hold field goals for me. Hell at least Romo was good looking, Farrell doesn't even have that going on for him. No kicker in the whole league would be able to make field goals with that bum holding for them. It is a minor miracle I have hit the 8 that I did."

While Booter's over the top reaction was a bit dramatic, he may in fact be on to something. The two seasons prior to McGavin's entrance to the league, Jack Lewis was the San Jose kicker. In both of those seasons, Lewis was in the bottom half of the league in terms of field goal percentage. If we go back to the previous holder and quarterback, Panda McKyle, Lewis did have slightly better percentages indicating that the holder position may actually be a problem for the Sabercats. I asked the head coach about these statistics and he declined to comment.

Booter McGavin was also eager to talk about his success in the punting game this year. Currently Booter is having a great season where he leads the league in percentage of punts inside the 20 yard line. His placement has been spectacular and the ability to make opponents start deep inside their own end has led to many defensive successes.

"I feel like I should get credit for the safeties" explains Booter, "I pin a team at the one yard line and then the defense is able to hold them, why don't I get some points on my score card? Without my amazing punting skills they aren't able to stop that team in the end zone for the safety so why should they get it?"

While Booter may be a bit confused about how scoring works, it is hard to deny his punting is an asset this season for San Jose. When asked for closing remarks Booter decided to credit his success to hard work and his new energy drink

"The reason I am the best in the league and soon to be best ever to do it is because of my dedication to building my leg muscles... and nothing gives me the energy to build those muscles more than Booter's Boomin' Brew. It's my new coffee based energy drink that fires you up at all times during the day. Take a sip and you will be booming balls like me, Booter McGavin, in no time."

RE: Booter McGavin Enraged - Asked Madden - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 09:57 AM)ajtigger Wrote: When I asked Booter about his struggles he was very quick to point the finger at starting holder and QB Owen Farrell.

"It is 100% percent Farrell's fault I miss any field goal out there. Dude is by far the worst goddamn holder in the entire league. It is like someone gave Tony Romo some extra buttery popcorn and told him to go out there and hold field goals for me. Hell at least Romo was good looking, Farrell doesn't even have that going on for him. No kicker in the whole league would be able to make field goals with that bum holding for them. It is a minor miracle I have hit the 8 that I did."

Stop giving me butter popcorn before you kick and I'll start holding the ball better!

RE: *Booter McGavin Enraged - Urq660 - 01-13-2023

I hate it when mum and dad fight :sadge:

RE: *Booter McGavin Enraged - DREAMSLOTH - 01-13-2023

BOOTER MCGAVIN'S NEW COFFEE ENERGY DRINK, RAGE BALLS, COMING TO A STORE NEAR YOU!

RE: *Booter McGavin Enraged - Rusfan - 01-13-2023

Damn kicker not a team player huh...