International Simulation Football League
*Adrian St. Christmas S39 Update! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Adrian St. Christmas S39 Update! (/showthread.php?tid=42897)

*Adrian St. Christmas S39 Update! - nunccoepi - 01-15-2023

Time for another update on Adrian St. Christmas! As you probably know by know, I'm trying to something unique with Adrian's career. I won't go over the same ground again, but suffice it to say that I'm trying to create Adrian as a bridge-type quarterback that can help teams transition from one franchise quarterback to the next. There are many reasons teams might need Adrian's services. For example, they might have been left in a pinch by their current or future quarterbacks changing plans unexpectedly. I expected this may happen earlier on in Adrian's career. After all, that's essentially how Adrian got his start with the Honolulu Hahalua in S38. On the other hand, some teams might intentionally plan for Adrian to step in for a season or two so that they can extend their window of opportunity even longer. I thought this might happen as Adrian progressed in tpe. You can find more details and my previous updates on his career here and here.

Adrian is now at 774 tpe which puts him at 8th in his class. All of those with more tpe than him in the S37 class are within 25tpe except for one outlier @qWest. I've missed a couple of season predictions but otherwise my missing tpe is mostly from taking prediction average, I believe. Suffice it to say, I should be staying very competitive and near the top of the class in tpe. I've proven that with my two previous players, both peaking at #2 in class tpe and both in the Hall of Fame.

This season Adrian St. Christmas has been the starting quarterback for the Yellowknife Wraiths following a trade from the Honolulu Hahalua at the conclusion of the S38 Ultimus. By all accounts the Wraiths are having a historic season. Currently undefeated at 10-0, they are outscoring their opponents by more than two and a half touchdowns (35.8 points per game vs. 10.3 points allowed per game). While defense has been Yellowknife's strong suit (they went three games in a row without allowing a point and the defense has allowed only seven touchdowns in ten games), their offense has been strong too. At least some of that is attributable to Adrian St. Christmas who took another step forward this season. Last season, as a Hahalua, St. Christmas performed admirably for a rookie with a solid but average season. This season, he has performed slightly above average. In both seasons, accuracy has been a strength with over 62% passing and a respectable TD:INT ratio. Hard to be upset with that from a sub-800tpe quarterback. Much respect to @Arkz and @ZootTX who have been great GMs to work for and all the Wraiths teammates who have made the season so fun.

Now, as the season comes to a close St. Christmas must, as usual, think about what he is to do next. By next season I expect to have all three major QB traits maxed and the game manager trait. After discussions with the Wraiths, there might be some interest in him returning next season (after all, with the Wraiths this good now, imagine how they can be with a 1000tpe QB). But this is far from locked in stone. One other team has reached out to St. Christmas about future services, but, as I initially laid out, I want all interested teams to be on level footing. As a reminder, my contract makes me fully tamperable at all times.

So, here's what I'll do. I want all teams that are interested in Adrian St. Christmas playing for them NEXT SEASON (S40) to reach out to me by the ISFL trade deadline (that's this week). Have final pitches for me ready for at the close of the regular season (or at least a near date that you expect to have them in by). And I will make a decision by the Ultimus so that all teams will know by internal draft time. Note: If you are interested in him playing for you in S41 or later please also reach out to me as soon as possible so I can get an idea. I may want to move these deadlines up in future years to allow for more planning if that's what teams would like to do. If you have any feedback on my process please let me know! My aim is to make it as easy and fair as possible for all the  teams.

See my past articles for reference on how I'll make my decision and happy planning!

PS As usual, I never know when there is a media bonus or whatever. So if there is a media bonus please read this media in whatever light is most likely to show its very intentionally-met qualifications.