International Simulation Football League
*I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie (/showthread.php?tid=42906)

*I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - ItsFrenchie - 01-16-2023

Hey folks!

I’ve never quite done something like this in other leagues, but I feel I have not had the same presence here as I have been able to have elsewhere and as such I owe it to GM’s and people who have no idea who I am to present myself.

Before even saying my name, I’d like to preface this by saying I’m an absolute dummy when it comes to football knowledge. I understand the basics, but anything remotely close to being outside of what you’d consider basic I’m quite foreign to, so bear with me on this one. Creating here is an attempt and putting myself in a position to learn more and enjoy the game, not just as a very basic North American who watches the Superbowl and nothing else, you know?

I’m Frenchie, the better intern to @scudmuffin19 newly sim league addict since September of 2022 and effective Hockey and Soccer nerd. As such, I’ve been keeping it cool in the SSL and way less cool in the SHL. I’m somewhat of a krakhead (IYKYK) with the latter, having been minors HO intern, SHL HO intern and currently Head of the Irish Federation as well as co-GM for the Carolina Kraken (get it now) in the J. In a nutshell, boundaries are still something I’m learning about.

How does this translate with ISFL? Well first and foremost, there is no chance of me going IA, that’s for damn sure. My issues with upsetting people go way too far back for me to screw over a GM who puts their faith in me. I can also help in war room capacities, as I have been dabbling quite heavily with that over yonder on the hockey sim world. I’m enthusiastic, to a fault at times, but invested and a pretty fun dude to have around.

I’ve already found myself to be a bit behind earning wise, but I’ll do my damn best to earn as much as I can moving forward. Will I max earn? Its likely that I won’t as my bank account will suffer poverty at times. Jobs will have to depend on how my other duties go and how much free time I can muster up. I’ve already committed to doing some writing for the wiki, so we’ll see how that goes.

Its been mentioned by other people, but by all means wine and dine me before you draft me. Its non-conducive to an enjoyable relationship to draft someone you’ve not interacted with in my very humble opinion. Having had my fair share of drafts and brutal nights of scouting when I had no more energy left in me, I understand its sometimes tough, but it comes with the job, I truly believe that.

I’d like to use these final words to extend my gratitude to @ who’s believed in me last draft, and that I hope my future GM can see the same thing in me. I’ll be more than worth the time and trust you’ll place in my, I guarantee it.

Since tagging is always fun and Reno is here, @"RenoJacksonHS" : banana gif

RE: I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - Rangerjase - 01-16-2023

If yer gonna post the banana just post the banana. Don't tease

@ItsFrenchie

RE: I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - ItsFrenchie - 01-16-2023

Fine @Rangerjase. Oh and tag again because its here and its glorious for @"RenoJacksonHS"
[Image: awkward-derp.gif]

RE: I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - scudmuffin19 - 01-16-2023

GIB MORE BANANA

RE: I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - Jaywe88 - 01-16-2023

That’s our GUY

RE: I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - Reno - 01-17-2023

(01-16-2023, 02:57 PM)ItsFrenchie Wrote: Fine @Rangerjase. Oh and tag again because its here and its glorious for @"RenoJacksonHS"
[Image: awkward-derp.gif]

The fact that you pinged me while I was IA to post this fucking banana

RE: *I'm a pretty cool d00d for real - A bit more on Frenchie - DREAMSLOTH - 01-18-2023

You can DM @zaynzk all the banana pics your heart desires.