International Simulation Football League
*ISFL Power Rankings Week 10 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL Power Rankings Week 10 (/showthread.php?tid=42913)

*ISFL Power Rankings Week 10 - Nathan - 01-16-2023

I accidently closed the tab I was writing this on earlier so I lost all progress.  Luckily I only had one or two teams wrote down so it wasn't completely terrible but that is still annoying.  What's even more annoying is having teams beat each other so with like half of these placements you could say "but x beat y."  Also, the entire league after the first four teams is at best mid, with half the league within one game of each other.

1. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths -- (10-0, 1st in NSFC) - The defense has still been a vice hold against opposing teams, with Sarasota still being the only team to get 30 on the Wraiths.  This team looks completely untouchable and is shown by an average margin of victory of over 25 points.  What's worse, is that with that Sailfish game in tow, we see that the Wraiths have the ability to keep up in a shootout should the defense be overwhelmed by talent.
  2. AUS Austin Copperheads +1 (7-3, 1st in ASFC) - It's weird looking at the box score of the game against Sarasota because everything but the final score looks like a blowout for Sarasota.  Carter Knight almost hit 400 while Queen Elizabeth II couldn't even clear 200 yards on 30 pass attempts.  Sarasota also got over 440 yards.  Despite this, Austin won 19-17.  Austin gets 2nd here despite going 1-2 cause those loses were against Yellowknife and Arizona.  The Arizona loss was also by 20 points, but Arizona got a trap game which will be discussed in a minute.
  3. SAR Sarasota Sailfish -1 (7-3, 2nd in NSFC) - The two teams that found out how to stop Carter Knight and the Sailfish offense were Austin and New York.  I don't know either.  Hell, New York made Carter Knight turn into Bozo Knight.  While still looking like an Ultimus contender, this very mortal outing gave the league the intel it needed to neutralize this offense.  If they can put that to use is to be determined.  That Week 15 rematch vs Yellowknife will be an interesting test to see if Sarasota made the necessary adjustments to stymie their offense and to avoid getting found out.
  4. ARI Arizona Outlaws -- (7-3 2nd in ASFC) - Arizona picks up quality wins against Austin and Sarasota, and then sandwiched in between is a loss against the Baltimore Hawks for no reason.
  5. COL Colorado Yeti +6 (5-5, 3rd in NSFC) - Death, taxes, and getting swept by the Salamanders.  The team continues to baffle me with how Live LaughLove is currently the QB with the most TPE and then throwing the third least with good efficiency, but I guess that doesn't matter when you're at .500 compared to my expectation of you being in the basement.  Colorado has games against
  6. NOLA New Orleans Secondline -1 (5-5, 3rd in ASFC) - The penultimate presentation of fraudulence.  This team has losses against Orange County, New York, and Chicago; teams they should handle with ease.  If not it would be embarrassing to lose to one of these teams in a trap game.  With them sitting square at .500, New Orleans looks completely lost compared to the expectations they had at the start of the season.
  7. CHI Chicago Butchers +6 (5-5, 4th in NSFC) - Two wins against completely deficient teams and a mid-off against New Orleans got this team out of the doghouse and now look to usurp Colorado for that last playoff spot.  You needed these wins as well with games against Sarasota and Yellowknife left on the season.  Colorado is in the same situation
  8. SJS San Jose Sabercats -1 (5-5, 4th in ASFC) - 
  9. BAL Baltimore Hawks +3 (4-6, 6th in NSFC) - I don't know how this team beat Arizona.  They also hit the 30 point mark against Orange County, which is a rare occurrence for this team.  Luckily they're still in the tank so this is fine for the Hawks.
  10. CTC Cape Town Crash -2 (4-6, 5th in NSFC) lol. lmao 
  11. OCO Orange County Otters -- (4-6, 5th in ASFC) - The problem with being a run only team is that even having an elite efficiency on the ground, it is still less efficient than passing the ball.  See Orange County.  They sit at 5 yards per carry as a team which is league leading.  Their passing game is the worst in the league, under 200 yards per game.  The Otters still average more yards per play passing than running despite all of the facts above.  Having an great running game is necessary to contend, but needs to come with a passing offense that is at least average, instead of literal league worst.
  12. NYS New York Silverbacks -6 (3-7, 6th in ASFC) lol what fucking hack wrote this?
  13. BER Berlin Fire Salamanders -4 (3-7, 7th in NSFC) - The defense has regressed year over year from Season 37 to Season 39.  Why this defense performed its best when the teams was at its worst both in terms of experience and TPE I don't know.  It doesn't help that the offense is middling and they have no run game to help burn clock if they ever do get the lead.  This was shown by them almost blowing a 35-10 point lead, being saved by them finally stopping the 2 point conversion that would've tied the game inside two minutes.  Also the offensive line letting Roque Santa-Cruz get turned into tomato paste.
  14. HON Honolulu Hahalua -- (1-9, 7th in ASFC) IT HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED