International Simulation Football League
*The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=42922)

Pages: 1 2

*The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - nickyvmlp - 01-18-2023

I know we’re still talking about the Hahalua’s losing streak, and the finale is my next piece coming out, but we’re about ⅔ of the way through the season, and you know what that means, right?  MOCK DRAFT SEASON!  (Wait, it doesn’t mean that?  Nobody’s even doing mock drafts yet?  The draft order hasn’t even been set?  I’m being really weird?  Well, when has that ever stopped me, that just means I’m the best.)  I’ll just use their current record to determine the picks, but first, what does each team need?

ARZ: DE, S
AUS: WR, TE, S, K/P
BAL: RB, WR, TE, OL, CB, S
BER: RB, TE, OL, DE
CHI: WR, DT, LB, CB, S
COL: WR, OL, DT, CB
CTC: RB, WR, LB
HON: YES
NOLA: QB, TE, LB, CB
NYS: DE/T, CB, S, K/P
OCO: DE, LB, CB, S
SAR: RB, OL, DT, LB
SJS: WR, OL, DE
YKW: WR, TE, CB

Draft Order:
Honolulu (1-10)
Berlin (3-8)
New York (4-7)
Baltimore (4-7)
Orange County (4-7)
Cape Town (5-6)
Colorado (5-6)
San Jose (6-5)
New Orleans (6-5)
Chicago (6-5)
Sarasota (7-4)
Arizona (7-4)
Austin (8-3)
Yellowknife (11-0)

1. HON Honolulu: Liv Elsathelookout, @Bayley, LB, Dallas

What do you want out of a #1 overall pick?  Do you want someone who'll address an area of need?  How about someone who will have more TPE on Draft Night than their current #3 LB, and would give Honolulu a dominant LB corps of the future alongside Caleb Hayden and MJF.  Do you want an experienced player who can help a young team?  How about a former Hall of Famer and an Ultimus Champion, someone who’s seen everything this league can throw at a team, someone who can be in their war room, and help a relatively young couple of GMs.  This right here is a ringer.  Someone who can lead this team into battle, and help pull Honolulu out of the doldrums.

2. BER Berlin: Howard Coward, @JKortesi81, RB, Norfolk

Berlin is a remarkably well constructed team, stuffed with young talent that could break out at any second.  Twelve players on this roster are both active and come from S36 or sooner, which is a pretty damn good core, and adding JKortesi to the mix would be a get.  Howard Coward fixes their biggest weakness that isn’t developing at the moment, since Berlin’s run game has stagnated due to the inactivity of Rab theCrab and Orange Justice.  JKortesi is a two-time Hall of Famer with Carlito Crush and Easton Cole, and is probably due for his own user induction soon.  I’m sure Berlin would love for him to be wearing their colors when that day happens.

3. NYS New York: Jamdrian LeBayers, @kenvald, CB, Bondi Beach

The first new user on this list, kenvald has been a TPE-earning machine over the course of this season, the only player already at the 250 TPE limit for people in the DSFL, and such an impressive accrual of points should be rewarded with a high draft pick.  LeBayers would slot in perfectly into New York’s secondary, with the impending retirements of Modern Nazgul and Ray the Manta Ray.  Heck, he could probably even play some safety as he’ll probably have more TPE than Kaiden King within the next few hours at this rate.

4. BAL Baltimore: Clint Mustache, @manicmav36, TE, Kansas City

He’s only the owner of the league, lads.  No big deal or anything.  I don’t know how they expect Preston Beatz to succeed when he has exactly one pass catcher who’s active, so here, Baltimore goes about fixing that in a big way.  Multiple-time Hall of Famer at a serious position of need for a team that really needs some help on the offense?  Open and shut case here.

5. OCO Orange County: Walter Gunther, @KenitohMenara, LB, Minnesota

When the guy from S30 is only the third oldest guy in your linebacker room, maybe it’s time to stop offering Werther’s Original’s as a signing bonus, and start adding some youth to your linebacker room.  Kenitoh is another experienced user who’s played well in the league before, and can offer a ton of advice to young players.  Plus, I knew him from back in my MLP video making days, he’s a lovely fella, who just so happens to play a character who’ll chop your sternum in half.  Total package.

6. CTC Cape Town: Nakin Ayame, @ValorX77, RB, Dallas

Valor is another player who’s been around the block once or twice, and has done most everything in the league, and I think he’d make a good fit here in Cape Town.  He would give Cape Town a legit second running option, since Lonnie Johnson is well past his prime, and he would just give them a strong foundational player for when Painted Penguin takes over soon.

7. COL Colorado: Sir Tywrell Xah’Aawrone, @Rabidsponge21, DT, Minnesota

Rabid’s fourth player in the game, Colorado could absolutely use this big man to patch up their very sketchy defense.  He nearly has more TPE than his incumbent has already, so this would be a terrific fix for them straight away.

8. SJS San Jose: Jimmy Ryder, @AJW, WR, Kansas City

I had to fight really hard to not put myself here.  I actually have history with San Jose, dating back to Dan Wright, but after some thought, Jimmy’s earned this spot.  He’s taken to this league super quickly, and could be San Jose’s #2 receiver from the moment he arrives in town, since Jaycee Higgins is gonna get bopped by regression.  San Jose needs to look at receivers here, and this would be the play.

9. BAL Baltimore (via NO): NotSo Smart, @Pib, S, Dallas

I was really hoping to put Matt Jones here, but he had to go and be a dick and get banned, thanks dude.  I’m 25 picks in and now I have to redo the whole thing.  A-hole.  So now that that’s out of the way, Baltimore could go either receiver or safety, however missing out on Jimmy Ryder makes this a bit easier.  Smart’s been sliding down the board, and this would be a pretty safe spot for him to fall to, and he could start right away in the spot that Fuzzy George is currently occupying.

10. CHI Chicago: Money Tolliver, @jeffie43, LB, Bondi Beach

This Zap mess is causing a Butterfly Effect down the board, unsurprisingly, but this pick is fairly unchanged.  Chicago would’ve liked NotSo Smart dropping to them, but Money Tolliver was who I originally picked for this spot anyway.  Omni Man’s retiring and Dexter Hall is old as balls, it’s an area of need, and one Tolliver can remedy right away.

11. SAR Sarasota: Lord Farquaads, @Ace, RB, London

Sarasota’s pretty full on talent, but could absolutely use someone to spell Pete Zuh, since he’s one of the few true bellcows in the League right now.  Ace has played with a few players before with a bit of success to his name, and hopefully this is his best player yet.

12. ARI Arizona: Alex Armstrong, @Duilio05, DE, Kansas City

Arizona is a team with only a couple of glaring holes, and wouldn’t you know it, one of the top earners in the class has just slid right into their laps right here at #12.  Erick Belanos has needed to be replaced for quite some time, and Armstrong would perfectly fill that hole.  The only other position Arizona really needs is at safety, and they might be able to find someone in the second there.

13. AUS Austin: Detective Crashmore, @speculadora, TE, Portland

Nick L. Back has long since overstayed his welcome (there’s a joke there somewhere, but it’s not coming to me), and this is a good year to need a tight end.  This is the second tight end taken with a ton of experience in the league, and we haven’t even taken the highest earner at the position yet.  Crashmore would fit perfectly into Austin’s offense, and may even help them open up the playbook more with a more useful tight end on the payroll.

14. YKW Yellowknife: Big McLarge Huge, @Hydrium, TE, Norfolk

Literally what did I just say about tight ends?  McLarge Huge might not have the pedigree the other top tight ends in this class have, but he makes up for it in work ethic.  He’s been putting in the hours to build himself up, and is in position to be a big star at his position in the near future.

15. HON Honolulu: Lionel Scrimmage, @Mojojojo, DT, London

Did you know the Hahalua are still employing a guy with just 54 TPE as their starting DT?  I found that out a month ago, and I still can’t sleep at night knowing that.  Fix that problem now, Honolulu.  Scrimmage already has triple that TPE, and mojojojo is an experienced player already, what more could you want?

16. BER Berlin: Jake Basinger, @Drizzy, TE, Tijuana

Berlin would be heartbroken to have missed out on Duilio, but as I said, tight end might be the deepest position in this class, and they could still find a good one in this range.  Basinger could have to sit for a season, but he could be what fixes Berlin’s stagnant tight end situation.

17. NYS New York: Ginand Toxic, @CLG Rampage, DE, London

A latecomer to the dance, but one who also carries a lot of experience with him.  Formerly known as Mathias Hanyadi, a player who is currently residing in the Hall of Fame, Toxic would be hugely helpful for a team that only has three defensive linemen right now, and two of them are currently IA.

18. BAL Baltimore: Florida Man, @nickyvmlp, WR, Minnesota

Hey look it me, impressed I didn’t make myself #1 overall?  Florida Man returns to the east coast, and Baltimore makes a pretty big statement.  That statement being “get Preston Beatz some friggin’ help”  This would give Baltimore two more max earning receivers to throw to, and while it might not change the team’s fortunes overnight, it would lay the bedrock for an elite corps for Beatz to throw to.

19. OCO Orange County: Iosefa Fuamatu-Ma’afala, @Beta, DE, Norfolk

Orange County has to go defensive end in some way in this offseason, since Will Stern will either be auto-retired or utterly unplayable next season.  Legit, IFM probably has more TPE right now than Stern will after his next round of regression.  This is a must-solve problem, so it might as well be solved with a young upstart.

20. CTC Cape Town: Eli Prince, @Rufio_NZ, WR, Tijuana

With Escanor Sama quickly regressing off a cliff, Prince would absolutely be a prized target, especially considering his user used to be Doug Howlett, owner of one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the league, going over 100-1600-10 in his debut season.  If he even sniffs those numbers again, Cape Town would have a steal on their hands.

21. BAL Baltimore (via COL): Tyler One, @pauadrian, RB, Portland

Baltimore is going hard on their offense, now taking their third offensive player in the first two rounds.  The Hawks tend to run two-RB offenses, and saw success the last time they took running backs in back-to-back drafts.  Once Dante King and Busch Goose retire, Jake Williams and Tyler One will presumably hold down the fort for the Hawks for the next decade, if they have anything to say about it.

22. SJS San Jose:  Action Bronson, @jackkmart, DE, Bondi Beach

San Jose is in a real tough spot in this position, as they only have two defensive linemen.  Right now, it seems like they’re getting away with it by playing a linebacker out of position, but that’s not very sustainable, since Ioe Torrent is starting to feel regression.  Draft a guy like Action Bronson here, build him up for a season, and call him up once Torrent is ready to retire.

23. HON Honolulu (via NO): Raya Ho’opa’i, @MMFLEX, OL, Kansas City

Our first of two GM players in this draft, but also the first O-lineman of the class, and sure why not?  They don’t currently employ a lineman, so they might as well help themselves with a player like that here.  They might trade down here, since they have to use their latest second here, but I’m not too interested in doing trades here…

24. YKW Yellowknife (via CHI): Kairo Knight, WR, @Akoustique, Bondi Beach

EXCEPT HERE.  Chicago currently owns this pick, but I think they’re the most likely trade partner for Adrian St. Christmas.  Tron Carter is plummeting in TPE at this point in his career, and Painted Penguin is still a bit too raw to put on the main stage, so Chicago trades a second and some future capital for a year of Adrian St. Christmas while Penguin gets himself ready for an S41 debut.  Anyway, with this pick, Yellowknife adds a receiver to replace Cliff Burton, and maaaaaybe be the eventual replacement for Bernd D. Brot.

25. SAR Sarasota: Fronky Fresh, LB, @Fronk, Portland

The other GM player going in this year's draft, Fresh is landing in an optimal position.  He’ll probably get an immediate call-up to replace Justin Cloud, and should be a reliable fixture in the middle of their defense for years to come.

26. ARI Arizona: Xavier Frost, @LANEFROST, S, Minnesota

Sure enough, Arizona found a safety later.  Frost has played a few characters here before, and adding yet another experienced player into the mix might just make every single spot on this roster occupied.  Well done, Arizona.

27. AUS Austin: KK Slider, @Vulfzilla, RB, Dallas

This is a case of not letting a talented player slide down any longer, but also the fact that there aren’t a ton of teams that need a running back.  Austin is close in that regard, as right now they have Jeff Newman, who’s good; Ozamataz Buckshank, who’s an inactive free agent; and The Incredible Bulk, who’s a fullback.  Slider could occupy some role on this running game, and even if he can’t, he’s got a receiving back archetype, so he could just play out of position at wide receiver.

28. YKW Yellowknife: Toad Wananapaoa, @siddhus, LB, Norfolk

Yellowknife doesn’t particularly need another linebacker, they have an amazing trio of linebackers right now in Kahn Cussion, Zephyr Greywolf, and Jack McPherson that not even regression can slow down.  But, adding Toad could let the team run some different formations, like a 3-4, or he could play out of position at DE and make a 4-3 happen.  There’s just possibilities here, and when you’re as stacked as Yellowknife is, you can afford to indulge in a luxury pick or two.

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - CLG Rampage - 01-18-2023

New York? Bet.

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Rusfan - 01-18-2023

(01-18-2023, 03:35 AM)CLG Rampage Wrote: New York? Bet.
We’d love to have you!

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Vulfzilla - 01-18-2023

I guess i set myself up for this with my name being "slider" smh

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - JKortesi81 - 01-18-2023

" and is probably due for his own user induction soon" is the nicest thing anyone has said about me in years.

Thank you.

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Trempale - 01-18-2023

I'd like to order this Mock Draft for the real thing pls, kthxbye

Great Mock!

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Cody - 01-18-2023

(01-18-2023, 03:12 AM)nickyvmlp Wrote: 6. CTC Cape Town: Nakin Ayame, @ValorX77, RB, Dallas

Valor is another player who’s been around the block once or twice, and has done most everything in the league, and I think he’d make a good fit here in Cape Town.  He would give Cape Town a legit second running option, since Lonnie Johnson is well past his prime, and he would just give them a strong foundational player for when Painted Penguin takes over soon.

I wish Painted was taking over at QB. Instead we have that stinky @negs guy.

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Hydrium - 01-18-2023

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

RE: The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - DREAMSLOTH - 01-18-2023

(01-18-2023, 10:23 AM)Vulfzilla Wrote: I guess i set myself up for this with my name being "slider" smh

That sig is god-tier though.

RE: *The FIRST S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Rabidsponge21 - 01-19-2023

odd way to spell Arizona for my pick.