International Simulation Football League
*Something I dislike about the league - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Something I dislike about the league (/showthread.php?tid=43065)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

*Something I dislike about the league - AJW - 01-30-2023

Hey ISFL I am a new member with suggestions on how to improve this league, please listen!

I joined the ISFL with my player, Jimmy Ryder, this past off-season and have been enjoying this league a lot. My main league is the VHL where I've spent the last two years, I'm also a GM there as well. I decided to try out this football sim league after a disappointing experience with the EFL (they are just boring in my opinion, never found a spark there). So yes I have been enjoying this league a lot, but there is one thing that upsets me.

GMs suck at scouting.

I'm not saying all the GMs suck, I'm saying a majority of the GMs are very boring when scouting. I have been reached out to quite a bit with the ISFL draft coming up, and here is what I got from most of the GMs/scouts of ISFL teams, three main questions they all ask:

How are you enjoying the league?
Would you be willing to switch positions?
Would you want to be part of our war room?

First question, I have no complaints. Obviously yes I am enjoying the league, but why does every GM open with this? It's been very repetitive.
Second question, this is the dumbest question I have ever heard oh my god. Why is this a scouting question? Ask me when I'm on your team and actually want to switch for the team. If I'm not even on your team yet, why would I want to switch for y'all? I created my player the way I did because that's what I want, not what a potential team wants. This question actually frustrates me a lot, like just draft other positions don't bank on me to fill your holes.
Third question. This question confuses me. I have been part of this league for like a month and know basically nothing about it. I just don't think asking someone if they want to work for your team before drafting them is appealing.

This might be me over reacting and making a big deal out of it, but I was really excited to get scouted and then was quickly disappointed when I saw everyone copying and pasting each other. I just wish the GMs would be more interested in talking to me as a member more than talking about my player.

And DSFL GMs don't think you're safe, when I joined the league you all did this as well. I brought this up before and I hate that I'm bringing this up again talking about the ISFL GMs.

This post may hurt my draft stock and I really don't care. I just want a team who wants me and is actually interested in me, instead of just using my player. I hope these GMs aren't upset, please just take what I said and don't be repetitive with every draftee, it's not hard!!

Thank you and good luck to everyone in the upcoming draft.

RE: Something I dislike about the league - Pat - 01-30-2023

If I went IA tomorrow would you still love me?
If I didn't sim so good would you still hug me?
If I got Zap banned and sentenced to a quarter century
Could I count on you to be there to support me mentally?
If I went back to a being a min earner would you poof and disappear
Like some of my GMs?
If I lost my wi-fi and couldn't update would you be by my side?
If it was time to get TPE would you be down to ride?

I'm asking questions to find out how you feel inside
If I a hall of famer because I missed an activity check
Would you be ashamed to tell your friends that you feelin' me?
In the locker room I posted predictions, would you like that?
If I wrote you a love letter would you write back?
Now we can talk about draft stock, you know I scout that
And we could take you in the first, I know you like that

RE: Something I dislike about the league - jeffie43 - 01-30-2023

Quote:My main league is the VHL

Yeah that checks out

RE: Something I dislike about the league - Sebster - 01-30-2023

hey ajw! welcome to the isfl! I am sebster, one of the GMs of the London Royals, how have you liked the ISFL so far?

RE: Something I dislike about the league - Yeenoghu - 01-30-2023

I can understand that it is annoying to receive the same questions over and over (and why I think we should have a basic scouting form that all the teams share), but do you really think it is strange that teams want to know what other positions (if any) you would play? Like, if a team really needs a LB, don't you think it would be helpful for them to know that a prospect is willing to play LB when deciding who they would draft?

EDIT:
(01-30-2023, 03:39 PM)AJW Wrote: Second question, this is the dumbest question I have ever heard oh my god.
Also, the dumbest question ever used in ISFL scouting was "do you find your mother attractive?"

RE: Something I dislike about the league - Cody - 01-30-2023

This guy just shot up to #1. Let's fucking go.

RE: Something I dislike about the league - AJW - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 04:05 PM)Yeenoghu Wrote: I can understand that it is annoying to receive the same questions over and over (and why I think we should have a basic scouting form that all the teams share), but do you really think it is strange that teams want to know what other positions (if any) you would play? Like, if a team really needs a LB, don't you think it would be helpful for them to know that a prospect is willing to play LB when deciding who they would draft?

EDIT:
(01-30-2023, 03:39 PM)AJW Wrote: Second question, this is the dumbest question I have ever heard oh my god.
Also, the dumbest question ever used in ISFL scouting was "do you find your mother attractive?"

I’m on mobile I hope this is the reply button. But yes I think it’s extremely strange. If a team wants a LB, then either draft a LB or ask one of your current roster players to switch to LB. I don’t see why a new player should be asked if they want to switch right after creating, I created my player with the position I chose for a reason, not to change it.

RE: Something I dislike about the league - dude_man - 01-30-2023

Damn, I didn’t even scout you and wish I did so I can feel included

RE: Something I dislike about the league - Memento Mori - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 04:16 PM)dude_man Wrote: Damn, I didn’t even scout you and wish I did so I can feel included
I’m starting to get worried that the reason I’ve not received any DSFL scouting messages is because people are worried I’ll write an article calling them out

RE: Something I dislike about the league - dude_man - 01-30-2023

(01-30-2023, 04:20 PM)Memento Mori Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 04:16 PM)dude_man Wrote: Damn, I didn’t even scout you and wish I did so I can feel included
I’m starting to get worried that the reason I’ve not received any DSFL scouting messages is because people are worried I’ll write an article calling them out
You can call me out anytime bby Heart