International Simulation Football League
Fun little Media Rules Update! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Fun little Media Rules Update! (/showthread.php?tid=43200)

Pages: 1 2

Fun little Media Rules Update! - JKortesi81 - 02-02-2023

Okay kids, I have to toss out some "official" rules here because it won't just be understood by everyone to not do it, and that's okay. 

1. Recently, we've started to see articles coming in that are written by AI. In the past we've paid these out at a lesser percentage since you're essentially not doing any work. But that's still a troubling trend that will only continue to increase. So from here on out, any AI written articles (including ones that look like an AI wrote them without you explicitly saying that) will *NOT* be paid out at all. Sure they're fun, and you can post them, but you won't get paid from them anymore from this point forward. 

2. Just a little bonus reminder that if you're in multiple sim leagues and you write an article that you post the same exact thing in all of those leagues, you won't be paid out for them unless you specify that you want to be only paid for this in "League X". Granted, I'm in ultimate media power in only ISFL and PBE, so yeah, if you put it in the SHL, they'll probably pay you out (And other leagues I don't care about may do so as well, but as we all know, any league that isn't one of the three I mentioned by name don't matter anyway Wink  ) but if I see it there, you won't get any money in PBE/ISFL for it. 

At least not until my dream of a universal sim dollar comes true. #OneBank

But yeah, I don't want to keep this grey area for some things, so I'll make things "official" so you know. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk. 

-JK

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - soevil - 02-02-2023

Who’s to say you’re not just all Artificial Intelligence though? Everyone but me is part of the simulation, anyway.

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - JKortesi81 - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 09:57 AM)soevil Wrote: Who’s to say you’re not just all Artificial Intelligence though? Everyone but me is part of the simulation, anyway.

Me. I'm to say it. lolol.

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - furiousPanda - 02-02-2023

Life is a simulation

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - soevil - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 09:59 AM)JKortesi81 Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 09:57 AM)soevil Wrote: Who’s to say you’re not just all Artificial Intelligence though? Everyone but me is part of the simulation, anyway.

Me. I'm to say it. lolol.

This sounds exactly what an AI would say…

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - ValorX77 - 02-02-2023

One experiment gets AI Writing Auto-Banned eh?

#ValorRule

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - JKortesi81 - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 10:12 AM)ValorX77 Wrote: One experiment gets AI Writing Auto-Banned eh?

#ValorRule

Despite you wanting this to be about you, it isn't. 

You weren't the first. You're a copycat. Wink

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - Raven - 02-02-2023

Based media head

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - Baron1898 - 02-02-2023

Hey ChatGPT, tell me when double media starts

Edit: seriously though this is a good rule to have

RE: Fun little Media Rules Update! - infinitempg - 02-02-2023

(02-02-2023, 09:43 AM)JKortesi81 Wrote: At least not until my dream of a universal sim dollar comes true. #OneBank

This would genuinely get me to join other leagues tbh. Would love to transfer money between leagues at the least