International Simulation Football League
*The Wraiths of Yellowknife regins supreme - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Wraiths of Yellowknife regins supreme (/showthread.php?tid=43314)

*The Wraiths of Yellowknife regins supreme - WildfireMicro - 02-04-2023

In the bitter cold of the city of Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories of Canada, players are often taught that having a bit of ice in your views is definitely not a bad thing. With such a relatively small town, the football team known as the Yellowknife Wraths run a lot of the tourism and pride of the town. However, before this season, the Wraiths had gone a while without seeing the glory of championships. This season felt different though for Wraiths fans and players. Yellowknife got off to a hell of a fast start, going 11-0 before having their streak end in a disappointing loss to the Berlin Fire Salamanderz.

Yellowknife would go into win thier next two games, before ending thier season on a two game losing streak, falling to the Chicago Butchers and the Sarasota Sailfish. Still, thier 13-3 record was enough to get them the first overall seed in the playoffs, where they faced off against the Wild Card winner in the Butchers after enjoying a bye in the first round. After a slow start where they let the Butchers get off to a 14-0 lead, the Wraiths scored on a pass to Bernd D Brot before missing the extra point and letting the Butchers get a Field Goal before scoring a touchdown off of another pass to Bernd D Brot to go into halftime down 17-13. However, after that the Butchers would only score 10 points as the Wraiths would impose their will on the Butchers to win 48-27 and to go to thier first Ultimus in many years.

That game would also be the first time my player Jack McPherson would get a defensive touchdown in a pick six. The Wraiths would watch in the locker room as the Arizona Outlaws would beat the New Orleans Second Line to advance to face the Wraiths in the Ultimus. The Outlaws would be looking for their third straight Ultimus, and a lot of thier players have been there before. The Wraiths would have a few intense practice sessions as they prepared for the biggest game of their lives. Jack McPherson himself was a bit worried, as he really wanted to win but he knew that the championship experience of the Outlaws could outweigh the strength of the Wraiths. Luckily for him, after the close first half, the Wraiths would once again impose thier will.

In the end, the Wraiths would be the ones holding up the trophy as they would go into win 34-6 in an amazing team performance. As much as Jack is proud of his fellow defensive players, he knew that everyone on the team contributed to this win and they would not be here without each other. He was crying as he saw the trophy being delivered to the coaches and owners and game MVPs, knowing that all of his hard work and sacrifice had once again payed off. He also won an Ultimini with Norfolk, in case you are wondering.

Now on to what I want to say to the Wraiths. This is WildfireMicro talking, and I guess the big thing that I want to say is thanks. Thanks for taking a chance on me, and dealing with my occasional bs. @ZootTX you have been nothing but patient with me and for that I am extremely grateful. @Arkz thank you for all of your time in the sim dungeon, making the best strategies and dealing with the occasional bs that is the sim. Thank you to all my teammates on the Wraiths, and I would tag you all here but that would take forever. Thank you to all my sim friends on the Wraiths and beyond who inspired me and to go on with updating and improving and continue to do so to this very day. This league is my main league for a reason, and I love everyone in it. I just want to say thank you for reading and continuing to be awesome, and I hope to see you all on the field!

RE: The Wraiths of Yellowknife regins supreme - taterswc - 02-04-2023

Awooooooo