International Simulation Football League
*Breaking: Russian Linebacker from Georgetown enters DSFL Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Breaking: Russian Linebacker from Georgetown enters DSFL Draft (/showthread.php?tid=43405)

*Breaking: Russian Linebacker from Georgetown enters DSFL Draft - Hemmlock - 02-05-2023

Breaking News: 

The senior edge rushing linebacker out of Georgetown has officially entered this upcoming DSFL Draft. Formerly a prospect goalkeeper in the Russian Premier League, Reznikov and his family immigrated to Washington DC when the young man was 17. After playing football for one year at Benjamin Banneker Academic High School, he received a full-ride scholarship to Georgetown after a season where he had 17 sacks against the Quarterback. 

For the Hoyas the Criminal Justice major had found similar success rushing the QB. Although he was a red shirt his first year, his second year he started 8 games and had a sack in each of those games. By his junior year he was a full time starter, and he ended the season with 12 sacks. His final year at Georgetown was one of his best, finishing the year with 16.5 sacks, including a strip sack that he took to the house for a touchdown. 

When we asked Hoyas Coach, Rob Sgarlata, on what kind of player Reznikov can be in the DSFL, he had this to say 

Quote:Rob Sgarlata: Reznikov is one of the fastest developing players that I've seen in college football. Had he played the sport all four years in High School, I think he probably would've ended up going to a bigger school like Alabama or USC. In just four years he's developed from a raw talent to a quality starter in our division. I think any team who drafts him will find similar. There may be a learning curve for him at first, but he'll develop quickly and efficently. He has more determination than any player I've seen, and you're going to get that if you draft him. 

He's also one of the hardest hitting linebackers I've ever seen. If you put him in a steel cage against a gorilla, I'm not sure which one would win. They'd both be built in similar ways, and have the same another of toughness. 

Simply put, he's a player with a very high ceiling in the DSFL. A very low floor, but a very high ceiling. 

It should be noted however that there is a language barrier than Aleksander comes with. When he first immigrated to the United States, he spoke very little English. But when we talked to him, he was able to get his point across well enough 

Quote:Aleksander Reznikov: I will be star in DSFL. I will hit who you want. I will break skulls when you want. I will tackle and take football when you want. I am machine. My head is made with steel. My teeth are made of iron. If you want to win, you draft me. 

When it comes to messages, we think Reznikov will have no problem getting his across. 

Still the facts of him and his ability as a player are there. Like Coach Sgarlata said, he's a player with a high ceiling and a low floor. A boom or bust pick if you've ever seen one. Any team that drafts him will be getting a very raw prospect who's developed and grown every year he's played the sport. He is tough and determined, and one of the strongest rookies in the draft. 

You can view his scouting report below. 

Strengths:

Dangerous pass-rusher
Hard charging pass-rusher
Deceptively athletic
Can beat tackles with extremely high power 
Uses strength to shed blocks
Gives a second effort to get sacks
Fast developer who appears naturally gifted at the position 
Has a large frame that can be used to force his way past blockers
Weaknesses:
Average speed 
Has only played the sport for five years
Very poor pass coverage skills 
Language barriers could make it hard to communicate on and off the field 

So the jury is still out. Where do you fans think Reznikov will be drafted? Is the Georgetown linebacker a first round pick, middle of the pack type of player, or a player who won't get drafted at all? 

Tune into the DSFL Draft on February 15th to find out more! 

RE: Breaking: Russian Linebacker from Georgetown enters DSFL Draft - C9Van - 02-06-2023

Getem Sully!