International Simulation Football League
(S40) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43412)

Pages: 1 2

(S40) Late Joiner Thread - dude_man - 02-06-2023

(S40) Late Joiner TPE Thread
The Late Joiner TPE system in place to help users that create their player after Ultimus, catch up on TPE missed during the Season. How this will work is, there will be 5 prompts, 1 for each week post-Ultimus. Which will each be worth 7 TPE and you must write at least 50 words per prompt. The amount of prompts that you are allowed to complete will correspond with the week of your player's creation. This is only open for players entering the Season 41 ISFL Draft.

To get this graded, a PPT Team Member will go through and edit your post, either approving or denying it, and once that has happened, you may link it to your update thread for the appropriate amount of TPE. There is no partial TPE for a prompt, so you must reach the minimum word count to get the 7 TPE for that week.

Prompts:
- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?
- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you

In your response, make sure to include your player page to confirm when you created your player.
Week 1: 02/06 - 02/12 - Eligible for 7 TPE (1 Prompt)
Week 2: 02/13 - 02/19 - Eligible for 14 TPE (2 Prompts)
Week 3: 02/20 - 02/26 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)
Week 4: 02/27 - 03/05 - Eligible for 28 TPE (4 Prompts)
Week 5: 03/06 - 03/12 - Eligible for 35 TPE (5 Prompts)

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - Acsolap - 02-06-2023

Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it:

This will be my third ISFL player and so far all of them have had mythologically inspired names. First was Thor, the Norse god, a one time linebacker who switched to safety. Next came Hercules, the Roman version of Heracles, a prominent greek hero and demi god. This time around we have Atlas, a Greek titan of immense strength which seems fitting for someone who is playing on the defensive line.

@Acsolap 7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - Weaves - 02-07-2023

Prompts:
(1) What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

Honestly, the Rookie Discord staff has been fantastic. Very supportive and available to take all questions. That entire discord is fully of useful people and information, and creates a great envionment for new players to feel comfortable. I should also note that rookie showcase, draft processs, and the entire league schedule seems like an all-around great time, and excited to see what comes next!

@Weaves 7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - Kaliodyme - 02-08-2023

Faust Leercor

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

The player creator tool was awesome to get started. The page tutorials for each Player Archetype were very detailed and I enjoyed going through the ones I was interested in. Once past there, I felt a little lost. The rookie tasks, and full rookie thread of what to do are very detailed. I just struggled with the text instructions when trying to understand how to actually accumulate, claim, use TPE. The video tutorial was extremely useful for me in understanding all of that. The only suggestion I would have would be a few more video tutorials, but I don't think it needs much more. Good job!

@Kaliodyme 7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - Urq660 - 02-08-2023

- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

So, as this is not my first player, obviously this is going to sound like a homer pick, but the San Jose Sabrecats have objectively the best branding in the league. The green and gold colour scheme is so good, it looks amazing on player renders and the new logo is gorgeous! I guess, if you forced me to choose another team, then Yellowknife would be my pick. The colour scheme is crisp and I like the spooky logo.

Player Page - Created 06/02/23

@Urq660 7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - subby500 - 02-10-2023

I think that I should be picked up by any GM looking for a wide reciever. I have had a long career in the Pro Baseball Experience, so I have plenty of experience in sim leagues. In addition, I am a GM in Minor League PBE (Louisville Lemurs), so I can relate to Gms and in the various stresses of the job. I don't know too much about ISFL, i.e the meta, the best way to earn money, etc, but I will be committed to learning the ins and outs of the league, so that I can become the best ISFL'er I can possibly be. Going off the inexperience point, I am very easy to work with when updating, so if a GM wants me to update something, almost always I will update it. I know the headache of a player that does not want to update the correct way, I don't want to be that guy. Although I wait until the last minute to post TPE sometimes, unless there is any unforeseen circumstances I will be getting my updates and activities on time. So yeah, I think I can be a valuable member of any ISFL team, and I think if a GM picks me up off of waivers they will be making an excellent choice.

@subby500 7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - Ultimatedestroye - 02-15-2023

Created at 02-12-23- Kyle Crane
- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?

-My name is Kyle Crane. I'm a Receiving RB and I can slot into your passing or running attack. I'm one of the most agile RB in this class at 70 and the most competitive of the RB's as well. I’ve developed my skills in a special hell, Harran. And in that hell, I've been through it and back, and made a stop for groceries along the way. Through that journey, I’ve shaped up to be one of the top 5 RB in this class. So if you want a great offensive weapon, choose me

@Ultimatedestroye 7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - AK41 - 02-21-2023

Recreated on February 13th (2 Prompts)

Prompt 1 (159 Words): Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?

Dear ISFL General Managers-
As you see, based on scouting me currently, I was a waiver player in the ISFL. After a short first career in the ISFL, with circumstances somewhat out of my control, I have recreated to take this league by storm. While you may look at my past career within the league as short lived, please know, I am back and better than ever. While I was a Top 5 pick in both DSFL and ISFL drafts last career, I am going to live up to that hype with my new player, Malik Brooks. Creating as a waiver player is adding a chip to my shoulder to prove that my name is still as strong as it previously were, and there will be ZERO regrets by an ISFL team drafting me wherever they may. Please know, I will be a game changer, and if you pass up on me in the draft… that is your loss.

Prompt 2 (75 Words): What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

As a previous member of ISFL as a whole, coming back to Bondi Beach on waivers has been a fresh of breath air. The management has been outstanding in my short time there, and I look forward to growing with them as not only a player, but also as a team. I have had great conversation with fellow rookies, and look to grow the camaraderie together as we take on our opponents on the gridiron.

@AK41  14 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - Hordle - 02-21-2023

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=43694

The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

ISFL is gonna be the New York Silverbacks. The whole like King Kong reference with the color scheme. It just seems like a legit team. It's a great branding in my opinion and probably the best in the whole league. DSFL is gonna be THE PORTLAND PYTHONS BABYYYYY! Homer pick. PYTHONS PYTHONS PYTHONS!

Im funny and cute. Also Im D-Line and I'm pretty good at building linemen. Also, Im in my villain era now. Im here to take all of Chuck Roths records and win at least 40 awards per season. Yeah that's right a whole 40. Im gonna make my own and no one can stop me!

@Hordle  14 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S40) Late Joiner Thread - thecanadiancanuck - 02-21-2023

Player page - Feb 6

Inspiration behind player name

The story behind my player name was actually kind of funny. Last month or so I read a book called "Home Field Advantage" and one of the main characters is a girl who becomes quarterback for her high school football team. In the book she's a dual-threat quarterback who was named Jack Walsh. I wasn't quite sure how I'd write a story about a girl in the ISFL at the QB position, so I opted to just keep my player a guy, but all it took were a few tweaks to the name and Jake Jefferson was born. Plus alliteration is just cool.

@thecanadiancanuck  7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.