International Simulation Football League
(S40) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=43438)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

(S40) Offseason Task - GlimsTC - 02-06-2023

(S40) Offseason Task
You have until the end of the offseason to complete the Offseason point task, so the deadline will be Sunday, February 19th, 2022 at 11:59PM EST.

Quick Rules:
  • You can earn up to a maximum of 10 TPE through any combination of the available Tier 1-3 tasks. Follow the word count rules specified for each tier and keep your submissions on topic.
  • Articles, graphics, or podcasts that have already been used to get media/graphics money cannot be submitted again for Ultimus Week credit (sorry – no double dipping!).
  • Podcasts can only be submitted for Tier 1 and 2 written tasks. A podcast must include 20 minutes of discussion for Tier 1 and 10 minutes of discussion for Tier 2 about the selected topic. If you make a podcast with someone else, it must be 20/10 minutes apiece.
  • As with PTs, graphics must show at least some effort (i.e. edits must be apparent, should be more than just text slapped on an image). Make sure to add any images you used in your graphic so we are aware of what you did.
Tier 1: Long Form Tasks (Must be 600+ words)
Choose ONE for 10 TPE.

1. The Season 39 Ultimus and Ultimini have officially come to an end. Congratulations to the the Kansas City Coyotes and Yellowknife Wraiths for each winning their respective championships. How did each of the finalists in either the Ultimus or Ultimini arrive at the playoffs? Were there any teams that surprised or disappointed during the playoffs? Did the outcome of either championship game surprise you at all?

2. Tell us about your draft class. Is there anything that makes it special in comparison to other classes? Where did your fellow draftees land, how are they doing? Did anyone turn out to be an unexpected steal of that draft based on what you know today? Do you think anyone in your draft class will become a hall of famer? If you’re new to the league, how do you think your class will do? Where do you think people will get drafted to?

3. Let's talk about the future. As we've seen in the ISFL and DSFL, things can go from rock bottom to the absolute top in just one quick season and vice versa. With that said, tell us about your predictions for next season. Were there any big moves made late in the season or the offseason that you believe could really shake things up? Are there any players hitting the season with a noticeably improved TPE pool or hitting regression hard that you believe could seriously factor into a team's potential success? And lastly, which team do you expect to be hoisting the trophy for either the ISFL or DSFL, and which teams do you expect will be struggling to stay away from the bottom on the pack?

4. For any team, certain players and users have gone above and beyond, shaping the legacy of the franchise. Choose any ISFL or DSFL team and create a Mount Rushmore for that team. Who in your mind are the four most noteworthy figures of the team’s history? Why does each one of your included figures deserve that recognition, and how did each of them make their mark?

5. “Sim gonna sim” is a popular expression in the league. Write about teams that have been graced by the sim gods and had amazing performances despite statistical odds, and/or about teams that were considered favorites but may have dealt with some bad sim luck that hampered their efforts. How much of an impact did it have on their season(s)?

6. The league has a rich and fascinating history, and our perspectives on it differ from person to person. In 600 words or more, describe any significant moment in ISFL or DSFL history, whether you were around for it or not. Describe the context, the significant members, and the events. What exactly made this event so famous (or infamous) and why does it deserve to be remembered? Events might include championship wins, the inducting of players to the hall of fame, or even a league scandal.

7. Write 600 words or more on something about anything in the league that interests you. It could be related to statistics, a league issue that you take seriously, or a niche part of history that doesn’t fit neatly into either of the above categories. This must be directly related to the league, so don’t wax 600 words about your team’s participation on a Werewolf server or something.

Tier 2: Short Form Tasks (Each must be 300+ words)
Choose up to TWO for 5 TPE each.

8. This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S39 class and later. In 300 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

9. There have been many moments in league history where a single decision (e.g., a draft choice, a GM’s promotion or retirement, a trade, a player’s movement in free agency) may have changed the course of a team in the ISFL or DSFL. Describe a decision that was made and the impact that it had. Did you imagine said decision leading to a different conclusion or did you think things would turn out the way they did? Is there anything different you would have done to avoid disaster or make things even better?

10. Through a random lottery drawing, you have been named the league's new commissioner for a day. Congrats! What improvements would you make to the league if you had the power to do whatever you wanted?

11. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

12. Write about your team’s biggest rivalry and what makes it so fierce. Is the competition founded in statistics and the team’s recent performance, or is it a rivalry that developed over time during the team’s history that would exist regardless of statistics?

13. Choose a team or player to write about that isn’t your own. What did they do well in the last season? Have they shown any drastic improvements from previous years? What could they do better?

14. Expansion Expansion Expansion! Tell us why you think the league should expand / not expand or include any ideas (in words) for team branding ideas you have or team locations.

15. If you could create a team using any active players in the league, what would that team look like? Would you build a group of all-stars to contend in the next Ultimus, or a team full of jokesters for the fun of it? Describe the roster and why you chose the players you did. (Written or Graphic Task)

16. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

Tier 3: Written/Graphics Tasks (Each must be either 150+ words or a graphic)
Choose up to FOUR for 2.5 TPE each.

17. Going to Disney World! Who was the Ultimus or Ultimini Game MVP? Give us a rundown of their celebratory trip to Disney World. (Written Task)

18. This task is exclusive to recreate/non-recreate rookies of the S40 class and later. The season is over and the draft is coming up. What do you bring to a team, and why should a team choose to take a chance on you next season? (Written Task)

19. Your team has announced that they will be laying ground on a new stadium next season. What additions would you like to see included in it. (Written Task)

20. Written Option: Which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards? Graphic Option: Create a graphic of your player with your teammate who exhibits a team-friendly attitude.

21. Written Option: If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be? Graphic Option: Create the cover art for your player’s show.

22. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. (Written or Graphic Task)

23. What are your thoughts on the sim engine? What sort of improvements would you make to the sim engine if given the opportunity? (Written Task)

24. You’re in charge of entertainment for the Ultimus or Ultimini half-time show. What would you do? (Written Task)

25. Create a billboard, magazine cover, unique trading card, or video game cover depicting a one of the league's stars. (Graphic Task)

26. if your player wasn't a professional in the ISFL/DSFL, what would they be doing instead? (Written Task or Graphic Task)

27. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why? (Written Task)

28. Football is a game that has been going on for a while, loved by fans all over. But what if you were able to make some rule changes? Talk us through your new version of football, and what would be different and why? (Written Task)

29. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? Why? (Written Task)

30. Choose one existing award. Tell us why you think a certain player should win that award this season. Stats, or anything else possible should be used to support your case. (Written or Graphic Task)

31. Make up an award for your player to win for something not on the football field. (Written or Graphic Task)

*NEW* 32. Your player has decided to start a podcast since it's what all the cool celebrities are doing these days. What would the name of your player's podcast be and what would they talk about/do on the podcast? (Written Task)

33. When looking at the teams we have in the ISFL and DSFL, is there any team you believe is in need of a major rebrand or update to their current branding? Why or why not? (Written Task)

34. New players join our teams every season, so which of those new players made the biggest impact on the field for your team? (Written Option)

35. Create the front page of a newspaper celebrating the win or the Ultimus or Ultimini winner. (Graphic Option)

36. Affiliate PT from either SHL/SSL/PBE. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this Offseason Task. And you may only use a max of 1.

Please contact a member of the PPT team if you need clarification on any of the prompts or need help with anything listed here in general!

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Raven - 02-06-2023

OT pass babeeey

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Rusfan - 02-06-2023

OT pass babeeey

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - InternationalHouse - 02-06-2023

This task is exclusive to recreate/non-recreate rookies of the S40 class and later. The season is over and the draft is coming up. What do you bring to a team, and why should a team choose to take a chance on you next season? (Written Task)

19. Your team has announced that they will be laying ground on a new stadium next season. What additions would you like to see included in it. (Written Task)

22. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. (Written or Graphic Task)
[Image: 14d987bf34731dfe67622fff94f46c98-1.jpg]

25. Create a billboard, magazine cover, unique trading card, or video game cover depicting a one of the league's stars. (Graphic Task)
https://ibb.co/bsjkY4C

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Urq660 - 02-06-2023

Oh yeah, OT Pass

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Aneeqs - 02-06-2023

SHL Affiliate PT - 2.5 TPE

Task 8 - 5TPE

Honestly, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience in the leauge! I genuinely do not know why to be honest. Maybe it is the lovely people that I have met along the way! I was fortunate to get picked up on waivers to the Minnesota Grey Ducks. Rep and TheNC have been nothing but fantastic to me in my very short time down in the DSFL. I had so much fun down there that I would very much like to return to the Grey Ducks in the future and be able to finish what I have started so to say. I was even luckier to be taken in the 1st round of the ISFL draft as well. This marks the 2nd sim leauge that I have joined as a new create to take me in the first round and I understand how much of a privelege that is. I would like to give back to the team that drafted me (Baltimore Hawks) and my GMs Trempale and Dude Man. They are absolutely fantastic and have put up with so many of my questions. I am glad I found a nice place and the people in the locker room are fantastic as well! I think I was very lucky to end up on the same team with H0PPY75 as well. He was badgering me about creating in the ISFL and honestly, it has been a very fun experience so far and I hope for it to continue for a while! In terms of my player, I do not really get too fussed about my personal results. I just do not want to be considered a liability! The team comes first as seen as I had swapped positions from Linebacker to Defensive Tackle. Yeah.. I feel like being flexible for your team helps make things more fun and more enjoyable for everyone to be honest, but its not a slight on those who want a specific position. I totally understand that too, I just don't really get married to a position, so I like that added flexibility!

Word count: 344

Task 32: - 2.5 TPE

If MC Hammer was to start a podcast, it would have to be similar to the bussin with the boys podcast with Taylor Lewan or the one that the Kelce Brother's have. I feel like I would have to round up my brothers, Sledge and Jack and get something started! I think the podcast just has to be called Hammer Time, right? otherwise I would feel like we would be missing out on a quality stupid pun!

We would probably just talk about our experiences on the field. Sledge was the best player coming out of college, whilst Jack was the best in high school, so I feel like we could give a really cool perspective on how things are in the league and some of the things that the public do not get to see. Like what we do to prep for games and what silly shenanigans come up in the middle of games too! Maybe I should round up the boys and get this one sorted

168 words

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - OrbitingDeath - 02-06-2023

4. The Mount Rushmore of the Honolulu Hahalua

What would define someone to be part of Mount Rushmore of a franchise. It it ingame stats? Is it being a career player there? And would you induct just the players or the persons behind the player? I feel with any kind of approach you will be able to select a mount rushmore that excluded a lot of worthy players or members. So with that in mind, I am already sorry if I offended someone with me excluding them.

The first face on the rock will of course be mine, my players both ended up at the Honolulu Hahalua. The first one because I enjoyed my time with the Dallas Birddogs and one of them (r0tz) was also scouting me for the Hahalua. He really made a stride in the locker room that he should select me. I also asked Siddhus to draft me at 7 OA and he listened. In return they are still stuck with me, as both Cobra Kai and now Nova Montagne are looking to be Honolulu Hahalua lifers. Cobra Kai is the franchise leader for most rush yards in total. In 144 games he has 9109 yards. It’s not a record that could never be broken, as Kai also played a lot in a receiving role. It also speaks for itself that he also is ahead in career rushing touchdowns with 84. As a running back it is also nice to see that Kai also appears to be 4th in receiving yards, and 5th in receiving yards and also 5th in career touchdowns.

The second face of the rock, will be @Number 82. In my early seasons with the team he did the majority of the test simming and tactics for the team and despite him saying that we are not a running team he still provided a lot for the Hahalua. And not only in terms of the war room and test simming, but his player Shawn Dawkins was also a major player for the team. He played for a whole 10 seasons for the team in which he entered the top 5 for most career tackles, considering he wasn’t a linebacker this is an excellent achievement. We also see him in the rankings for the most career fumbles forced, with 10 in total. For the most career sacks he also sneaks in at the 8th overall position with 30 sacks. But, for which Shawn Dawkins is mostly known. He is first in the career interceptions statistic, with 32 over his entire career. 11 more as the number two in this list, despite playing the same amount of games. It doesn’t stop there though. He is also sevent in most career passes deflected and maybe the one that every defensive player hopes to have, the most defensive touchdowns for a franchise. So excluding 82 from the rock, would be a major mistake. So his face will also be on there.

The third face of the franchise I want to have there is @Raven. Without Raven there wouldn’t be a team in Honolulu, as one of the two founding members he belongs on Mount Rushmore. Playing here in the end of his career with Corvo Havran, following up with Davril Lavigne and being drafted back with Octavio Perez, despite him leaving for Berlin. He always has been a vocal member in the war room and a person you just have to love having on the team. He isn’t even a weeb anymore as some people still think. Player wise,  Corvo Havran is 5h in career yards and 7th in career touchdowns. Considering there only have been seven quarterbacks and Montagne passed him in her first season for the amount of touchdowns, it is not saying too much. He had to quarterback an expansion team and just didn’t have the weapons to make it count. He is still a hall of fame player. Lavigne was a career player for the Hahalua. Just like Dawkins Lavigne also played for 10 seasons for the Hahalua, and he was 2nd in career tackles. In the forced fumbles department he scored 11 of them, securing a 6th spot.  In career interceptions Lavigne is 2nd, while he did have the most passes deflected and is second on the defensive touchdown stat. So Raven certainly has earned his spot on the mount.

The last face of Mount Rushmore of the Honolulu Hahalua will be @IceBear32. For failing to draft my dear friend @r0tzbua  back to the team. I have made it my life goal to remind him of this daily. His failure will be shown on this mountain, so no one will ever forget. 

776 words

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - Ace - 02-06-2023

Tier 2 – Task 10 – 5 TPE (323 words)
Mwuhahaha! You have named me, Lord Farquaads, interim commissioner of the ISFL? What a terrible decision! Do not worry; I will not raze this community to the ground or anything. I will make it vastly superior! For my first act as the Commissioner of the ISFL, I will be announcing the addition of a relegation system! Gone is the divide between ISFL and DSFL; the most excellent DSFL team will be promoted each season into the ISFL! Likewise, the worst ISFL team will be sent down to compete in the DSFL. Now, many other pieces need to be addressed before this will work. Instead of two drafts, we now have one! Oh, and while we’re on the subject of drafts, we will also have to change that process. I hear, “oh, live drafts would never work here in this community”…. BLASPHEMY. It would work, and this is how! All GMs will be polled with a “When is good” for the live draft. I, alongside my Head Office co-conspirators, will review all of the responses and determine when the majority of the franchises are available. If a time is selected when the GMs are not available to attend the draft slot, those franchises must appoint a draft-day representative to make their selections. I, or my people, will ensure that each team is given 4 minutes to select. This allows for ample time for confirmation, trade talks, and more. The picks will be posted internally for the Head Office, and the Broadcast team will be the only ones with visuals into who those picks are. The broadcast team will perform as they usually do, minus GM interviews, as GMs and their representatives will be very occupied tracking and analyzing the draft. This will work, and has worked for other leagues for countless seasons. No more worries about leaks or awkward discussions with prospects after you know you’ve already drafted them or passed on them! Profit!
Tier 3 – Task 33 – Rebrand – 2.5 TPE (158 words)
Ah, yes, the age old rebrand question. Of all the franchises, I believe that it is time for the Chicago Butchers to finally make a change. Their branding is so vanilla and they’ve been due for a revamp for quite a long time. My opinions of branding here seem to be in the minority, however, because my favorite branding in the ISFL recently went the way of the do-do bird and got turned into the Cape Town Crash. I believe that if the Butchers front office didn’t want to move on from their current moniker, they could simply change their logo from that wordmark to a couple of crossed cleavers. However, I’d recommend a complete rip and replacement. Now, I do not know enough about the themes or history of Chicago to recommend a new brand, but I do believe it’s time to start from the ground level and put the bland Butchers brand to bed for good.

Tier 3 – Task 36 - SHL Affiliate – 2.5 TPE
S69 PT #3: Dive (simulationhockey.com)

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - H0PPY75 - 02-06-2023

I have to say that the Yellowknife Wraiths had to have had one of the best seasons I have ever seen in my three years of sim league experience, never have I seen a team that was so dominate for so long during this season. This team not only did it on offense by being second in the league in points for, second in yards for, third in yards for rushing and sixth in passing but they also went and had a dominate defense. They were first in points against, total yards again and rushing yards against and were second in the league in passing yards against. This was capped off with a period early in the season that saw Yellowknife post three straight shutouts including two on the road, one at the Colorado Yeti and one in Baltimore against my hawks and inbetween those games came a home shut out against Cape Town. In these three games Yellowknife beat Colorado, Cape Town and Baltimore a combined ninety-four to nothing in three games. It’s by far one of the best defensive stretches that I have seen in my Internation Simulation Football League experience. Now this season had a lot of ups for Yellowknife but like any season it would have its downs as well. After starting the season an impressive 11 and 0 Yellowknife would eventually get on the struggle bus as it would drop three out of it’s last five games to finish the regular season with an impressive thirteen and three record and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Yellowknife was also the only team in the International Simulation Football League to go undefeated in the regular season at home. The next best record at home were the Arizona Outlaws at six and two. Now I will admit that as impressive as the Wraiths season was, I still didn’t quite trust them when it came to me doing my post season predictions. I thought that maybe Yellowknife had peaked at the wrong time especially with them dropping their last two games of the regular season so when it came to playoff predictions I picked Arizona to win but was incorrect as Yellowknife kept the ship righted and defeated Arizona in the Ultimus to cap off one of the greatest regular seasons in International Football history.

Now I’m going to look at the Developemental Simulation Football League Champion Kansas City Coyotes for a little bit as well because they also had an impressive season but not quite as dominate as Yellowknifes’. Kansas City was different that Yellowknife in the fact that they didn’t even win the Tay Swizzle North Conference. That honor instead went to the Minnesota Grey Ducks but like Yellowknife, Kansas City was the only team in the developmental league to win every home game they played in, I was going to go and say there were the only undefeated team in the DSFL but technically speaking Portland was also undefeated as they went 6-0-1 at home. Now Kansas City wasn’t quite as dominate on both sides of the ball like the Wraiths were but they were also impressive in their own right. Kansas City was second in the league in offensive points for and first in the league in defensive points against giving up just shy of twenty points a game on the defense. Only real difference between Kansas City and Yellowknife was that Kansas City was only middle of the pack when it came to yards given up, KC was fourth in the league in total yards given up and sixth in rushing yards given up. Kansas City also played a lot more one score games than Yellowknife did as well which is to be more expected in the DSFL. I tip my hats to both teams and I can’t wait to see if they are able to repeat as champions next season.

Code:
648 Words

RE: (S40) Offseason Task - lordcoolcats - 02-06-2023

OT Pass