International Simulation Football League
*Offseason interviews PT.2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Offseason interviews PT.2 (/showthread.php?tid=43468)

*Offseason interviews PT.2 - Kobefromthefrobe - 02-06-2023

Kobe: Continuing what I did last offseason. I’ll be interviewing Honolulu Hahalua QB Nova Montage (OD). The best isfl QB right now

Anyway let's start out with this past season for the Honolulu .Talk with me about this past season and if it lived up to your expectations and what your personal and team expectations are for the upcoming season

OD:The past season was all we could hope for. The team went winless umder Adrien St. Christmas, so i had to step in. I know most of the team is young and has a lot to learn, but i knew we could do better and win some games. Mainly because of great guys like Leek and Bean we were able to, was great to quarterback for them.The wins we did manage made us realize we are on the right track again, I mean, if the Yellowknife Wraiths can win a championship with St. Christmas who went winless before, I'm certain we can do the same in due time. We just need some more time to develop. I know I got what it takes to actually become the best quarterback (unlike what you claim, i currently am not yet) The expectations for the next season, are that we will improve on what we are doing. Unfortunately we were not able to get the wide receiver we were after, and i felt it was a coinflip decision, but with me becoming better I know we can utilize Mai Heinous even more.  It will all be fine! 

Kobe: Sounds like you own that fraud St. Christmas if you ask me. I’m excited to see the growth of the team and you this season especially if you get that elite DSFL running back Henry Oswald Newman! 

Honolulu has a very active Lr with a great environment. You talk there almost everyday. How has having an Lr with a good environment and good people made your time on the team fun? Even when you were here with Kai we had a pretty good LR and had fun conversations. So how do you think the LR has changed besides just the people? 

OD:We actually came a long way with the Honolulu Locker Room, when i first joined it was still a rather silent locker room, it really took off over the last year when we started to invite prospects after they were being scouted. It's great having people around that like to be here even when they are not on the team. I think this has evolved us from a boring locker room to a really entertaining one.  I'm sure Cobra Kai misses it now he's stuck in jail with his old ass.

Kobe; I can’t believe he’s in jail ??, I’m glad the environment has grown since you joined it’s definitely a great place to be now even during rebuilding times we still have an active Lr when sometimes rebuilding teams don’t have the best LRs

Next question, what advice would you give to new members who are looking to be active in the league

OD: Most of all, join the Honolulu locker room ?  I know not every one of them would be able to land on our team, but i guarantee you it will be a fun time. If you indeed look to remain active, my advise would be to try and do graphics over writing, the longer you practice, the cooler graphics you can pull out. They are for me the de-facto way of earning money in this league without burning myself out.

I've been in leagues before when i was only writing and it burned me out. So take it easy, do your tasks and just screw around with photoshop (or photopea if you want a free online alternative),  it takes time to make nice stuff, but by trying you will only become better in it  (and that equals to more money made for you to pay for your training and equipment).

And for the rest, just make sure to bother your gm's that they keep track of your tasks and earning. If they wont do the effort to remnd you to do tasks, its not your fault anymore if you miss some tpe right? 

Kobe: With this information I can confidently say icebear is at fault for me not max earning! I know for me I like doing this like this for money. Sitting there and writing alone isn’t fun and I like graphics but to do  good I need time so with things like this I can still get money and be in the league without having to spend to much time!

Speaking of time in leagues I know you work and have kids. Is it hard managing the kids work and sim leagues or do you find it easy? 

OD:I find it easy luckily, a lot of leagues have affiliate claims, so i can combine a lot of work making it easy to max.

Pt's here are just a simple graphic or 150 words, other leagues any graphic works, so for these i tend to have a backlog ready for claims.

So whenever i have free time to spend with the kids i know i dont have to worry about the workload there and can enjoy playing board games with em or watch pokemon together. Its actually really easy for me and enjoy that it is. 

Kobe:That’s pretty cool! You’ve met lots of people in isfl and sim leagues in general. Out of everyone you met who do you think is the person you’ve always enjoyed talking to more than most people? And what percentage of the money would you like from this? 

OD: I would definitly go for kcco/bailey here. He was in the same draft class as my first sim player and created under a dutch name, so i thought he was dutch like me. Little did i know he was actually from the us. We stayed friends ever since and thats over 10 years now. If it wasnt so expensive to go there, me and my wife would have actually attended his wedding
-

Keep all money for yourself bud ?

Kobe: I appreciate you helping with the first interview of the offseason. That’s all for this one thank you for reading everyone! I  hope you enjoyed and hopefully I will be back later this offseason with another interview or 2. Would like to interview people from some teams besides Honolulu! 

Payout: Kobefromthefrobe 99.97% OD .03%
(100% legit!!!)

RE: Offseason interviews PT.2 - wizard_literal - 02-06-2023

(02-06-2023, 08:34 PM)Kobefromthefrobe Wrote: I'm sure Cobra Kai misses it now he's stuck in jail with his old ass.
Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Quote:I've been in leagues before when i was only writing and it burned me out. So take it easy, do your tasks and just screw around with photoshop (or photopea if you want a free online alternative),  it takes time to make nice stuff, but by trying you will only become better in it  (and that equals to more money made for you to pay for your training and equipment).
Great advice I'll have to keep this in mind as a new recruit.  Nice writeup overall!

RE: Offseason interviews PT.2 - Bayley - 02-06-2023

Love you @OrbitingDeath <3

RE: Offseason interviews PT.2 - TwoSocks - 02-06-2023

Very cool Kobe!

RE: Offseason interviews PT.2 - OrbitingDeath - 02-07-2023

(02-06-2023, 09:16 PM)Bayley Wrote: Love you @OrbitingDeath <3

Likewise <3