International Simulation Football League
*Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=43521)

Pages: 1 2

*Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - jeffie43 - 02-08-2023

So I’m just going to start off with the fact that if a team has sent someone down, they won’t be included in the data involved with this mock draft as I’m too lazy tbh and I apologize. Also this takes pre-regression TPE into account, so I'm sorry for that as well. Also sorry for all the pings for everyone in this mock, love you guys and super excited to see where everyone goes on Friday.

Pick 1.1

Honolulu HON - GMs (IceBear and MMFLEX)

Honolulu enters the draft with a combined 3 wins in the last 2 seasons and a very young roster that is capable of great things in their future. Their young LB duo showed a lot of promise in their respective seasons as Caleb Hayden was 4th in Tackles in the entire league and Friedman finished tied for the league lead in TFLs. On the offensive side of things, Nova Montagne had a promising rookie season with 4140 yards, 25 TDs and 18 INTs but for the most part, the mediocre offense will be reliant on Bean Delphine Jr. once again.

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (11th), RB (10th), WR (10th), TE (9th)
Defense: DL (14th), LB (13th), CB (13th), S (14th),
Special Teams: K/P (12th)

First things first, the Hahalua are in desperate need of some starting Safeties and Defensive Linemen. Their average TPE at the two positions are all the way at the bottom of the league and it isn’t that close. Their average TPE at DE/DT is at a dreadful 150 which is probably good enough for a mediocre Defensive Line in the DSFL level, much less the ISFL. In contrast, the 13th ranked team - the Orange County Otters are at a slightly more respectable 263 TPE on average. At Safety, the team has 2 IA players with an average of 333 TPE. In comparison, the team at 13th, the Baltimore Hawks, have an average of 455 TPE.

In order to address their needs at the DE position, I believe the Honolulu Hahalua would select:

Liv Elsathelookout - @Bayley with the 1st Overall pick. 

Bayley is a user who is well known around the league and is as safe as they get when it comes to risk factors. Benson Bayley Jr. peaked at 1056 TPE and Rejoignez LOrdreSombre peaked even higher at 1150 TPE. Bayley’s also been putting in a lot of work into making Dotts cards and has a large bank account as a result. Although Bayley’s player may not be a DE currently, reports indicate that it was one of the positions that Elsathelookout was open to lining up at and as a result, would be a fantastic selection for Honolulu here.

Pick 1.2

Berlin BER - GMs (Dewalt27 and r0tzbua)

First of all, I’m already starting to regret the initial recap of Honolulu’s season, so we are now just going to skip right into the needs portion and the projected selection to cap things off.

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (10th), RB (12th), WR (3rd), TE (10th)
Defense: DL (5th), LB (7th), CB (8th), S (7th),
Special Teams: K/P (6th)

Although the Fire Salamanders may be listed as 5th in TPE on the Defensive Line, it turns out they only have 2 DL, so it’s fair to assume that the team is going to be desperately looking for someone to fill out that hole.

Which is why I believe that the Berlin Fire Salamanders would select:

Alex Armstrong - @Duilio05 with the 2nd Overall Pick.

Obviously the pairing of a DE with the team that’s missing someone on the defensive front you would think that this is a straightforward selection. But what if I further entertained you and went through the history of Berlin’s GM, Dewalt and Duilio? Duilio used to be a GM for the Baltimore Hawks who had drafted Dewalt’s first player, Asher Quinn, back in S18. Similarly, Duilio’s last player , Sam The Onion Man, had a stint in Berlin where he signed and played with Dewalt. With the long history between the 2 and the perfect fit positionally, it would be hard to not project the Duwalt (Haha see what I did there?) connection staying strong here.

Pick 1.3

Orange County OCO - GMs (Gbeck765 and Slate)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (8th), RB (2nd), WR (7th), TE (6th)
Defense: DL (13th), LB (14th), CB (9th), S (12th),
Special Teams: K/P (9th)

Despite their star QB, Kaguya Shinomiya, slowing down in earning recently, the Orange County Otters still have an extremely high powered offense that has some young WRs hitting their stride soon and will be among the best in the league soon. However it’s painfully obvious that their defense just cannot keep up at the same pace. With the worst LB core in the ISFL, the 2nd worst Defensive Line and the 3rd worst Safety core in the league, it’s clear Slate and Gbeck have their work cut out for them heading into this draft. The good news? They have 2 1st rounders in this draft where they will have some strong options at all 3 positions. So where do the new GMs go here? Here’s where I have a feeling they might go:

Money Tolliver - @jeffie43 with the 3rd Overall Pick.

I do feel weird putting myself this high considering my player is only 13th in TPE, but like the previous pick, there are a number of connections between myself and the Orange County Otters here. First of all, my first player, Prince Vegeta, was taken 1st overall in the S21 Draft by the Orange County Otters. He would peak at 1430 TPE and spend 10 seasons with the franchise. During my time there, I also spent a couple of seasons as the GM, before stepping down after the switch from DDSPF 16 to DDSPF 21. I also work with Slate on the Sim Balance Team and have some history scouting him on his first player on behalf of OCO. Given all this and the fact that I play at a position of need for the team, I do think there’s a chance my player goes here with this pick.

Pick 1.4

Baltimore BAL - GMs (Trempale and dude_man)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (12th), RB (11th), WR (14th), TE (12th)
Defense: DL (10th), LB (11th), CB (11th), S (13th),
Special Teams: K/P (13th)

Baltimore is in an interesting spot here. Although the team is clearly not in a spot to compete TPE-wise they have a very young roster, with 15 players that haven’t hit regression yet. With Bruce Buckley Jr. at 750 TPE and a max earning S38 LB in Bridge Burner, they clearly don’t need any help at the position for now. Similarly, although the team may be 10th in average TPE in terms of Defensive Line strength, all 3 players are active and still earning which will surely lead to an increase in ranking as time goes on. Two big holes defensively are the fact that the team is missing a second safety and a second CB. Offensively, this team has a young QB and RB but is missing out on wide receivers as they only have one on the roster at the moment. They also only have one TE at 276 TPE who’s close to regressing. Clearly this team has a lot of holes but there is a clear pick here at 4oa and I think that is:

Jamadrian LeBayers - @kenvald with the 4th overall selection.

Kenvald is currently the class leader in TPE by a whopping 16 TPE and he’s shown no signs of slowing down. Combine that with the fact that Baltimore literally does not have a 2nd CB at the moment and I don’t see how Baltimore skips on him here. It’s not often that you get the BPA at a position of need, but this just so happens to be one of those scenarios. I think Kenvald is a fantastic user and would be a great fit on any team that would be lucky to draft him and this case is no different.

Pick 1.5

New York NYS - GMs (TheRocheLimit and zaynzk)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (7th), RB (8th), WR (11th), TE (11th)
Defense: DL (12th), LB (8th), CB (5th), S (8th),
Special Teams: K/P (14th)

The Silverbacks are a team coming off an extremely disappointing season. They barely missed the playoffs after almost pulling off some late season magic. With Malcolm Savage’s time as a QB coming slowly to an end, there might be some issues moving forward as the team transitions to a younger QB. The team still has some strong offensive weapons in Michaelangelo McTurtle, Mandrews McHollywood and Matthew Mara and could look to build around them, but with their Defensive Line being hit hard by regression, there may be bigger holes to focus on. With this pick, I think the New York Silverbacks select:

Iosefa Fuamatu-Ma’afala - @Beta with the 5th overall selection.

Although I don't know much about the user, he has been earning well despite joining the draft class late. He has also shown that he can earn money in this league by consistently putting out some cool graphics. Above all, he plays a position that's in need league-wide. So far we have seen so many teams with needs at the DE/DT position and with the Silverbacks, things are no different and they get a new user here who has shown the potential to earn TPE and money well in order to build a good player for a long time.

Pick 1.6

San Jose SJS - GMs (ckroyal92 and RussDrivesTheBuss)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (4th), RB (7th), WR (12th), TE (1st)
Defense: DL (9th), LB (5th), CB (10th), S (3rd),
Special Teams: K/P (7th)

With a max earning Fat Jack manning the middle of the Defensive Line, the San Jose Sabercats find themselves in a rare position to draft an elite offensive talent here to help out Owen Farrell, and Deshawn Penne here. As a result, I think the San Jose SaberCats go for a big swing here and select:

Kairo Knight - @Akoustique with the 6th Overall Pick

Akou is a king and someone who’s impressed me in terms of activity and how dedicated he’s been to the league since joining. He’s been very vocal in the Bondi Beach LR despite the team’s poor performance and he’s been absolutely incredible with the new incoming draft class in terms of welcoming them and showing them the ropes as a Rookie Mentor. I feel like this is something the Sabercats’ GM, Russ (Who just so happens to be the Rookie Mentor Head) will notice and use this opportunity to draft an amazing user at a position of need for his team.

Pick 1.7

Cape Town CTC - GMs (Negs and Luciddreams702)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (9th), RB (9th), WR (9th), TE (3rd)
Defense: DL (3rd), LB (3rd), CB (3rd), S (3rd),
Special Teams: K/P (10th)

The Philadelphia Liberty Cape Town Crash, are in a different position compared to most of the league here and have an elite defense to build around. On the other hand, their offence? Not as elite. With the number of Running Backs and Wide Receivers that are near the top in TPE in this draft class, I think their GMs Negs and Luciddreams will go with:

Florida Man - @nickyvmlp with the 7th Overall Pick

Nicky is a user who has been all over the ISFL Media subforumand has put out some great media and has been building a strong bank balance of just under 200M. He fills out a need here for the Crash at the WR position with Escanor Sama getting hit by regression and Erwin Kemp nearing regression.

Pick 1.8

Orange County OCO - GMs (Gbeck765 and Slate)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (8th), RB (2nd), WR (7th), TE (6th)
Defense: DL (13th), LB (14th), CB (9th), S (12th),
Special Teams: K/P (9th)

So I have already mentioned OCO’s strengths and weaknesses at their 3rd overall pick, but with them picking Money Tolliver, I think they would start to look at their other holes defensively here, which is why I think they select:

Lionel Scrimmage - @Mojojojo with the 8th Overall Selection

Mojojojo is a great user I’ve heard a lot of great things about. They have reached out to me in the past for scouting and seemed super nice. Along with that, they also just so happen to be playing in a position that’s a desperate need for OCO, DT. Pair this along with Mojojojo’s connections with users on the team and I think it’s a slam dunk of a pick here.

Pick 1.9

Sarasota SAR GMs (abh89 and fronk)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (5th), RB (3rd), WR (4th), TE (2nd)
Defense: DL (7th), LB (9th), CB (7th), S (1st),
Special Teams: K/P (1st)

Sarasota has proven that they can be a high powered offense last season and although the defense was not exactly upto par, the team is still in a good spot moving forward with emerging stars Sconnie McSix, Lucius Salem and Pete Zuh and Carter Knight on his way out. With several aging and inactive pieces, the Sarasota Sailfish will definitely be looking into replacing some of their Defensive Linemen while finding a suitable replacement for Calvin Hobbes. With this pick it’s important to remember that they have a GM selection in the 2nd round with Fronky Fresh who’s at LB. At this pick I think the Sailfish will select:

Ginand Toxic - @CLG Rampage with the 9th Overall Pick.

CLG Rampage is a user I’ve known since I’ve joined the league back in S21. Although they haven’t had any extremely high TPE players, he’s been very successful throughout the ISFL, mostly with Mathias Hanyadi. I mean, I think it also certainly helps that he literally wrote media on why he wants the Sarasota Sailfish to draft his player. So if this isn’t the selection here, I’d be surprised.

Pick 1.10

Austin AUS GMs (unconfident, frazzle14)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (6th), RB (14th), WR (8th), TE (13th)
Defense: DL (4th), LB (4th), CB (6th), S (11th),
Special Teams: K/P (11th)

Austin is a team in desperate need of a Running Back and a Tight End. They have a promising young Safety in Geralt and could really use another player across from him, but it’s not an emergency need at the moment. However, there is one user I’m pretty sure they’ve had their eyes on since he created and that’s the player they end up getting here. I think the Copperheads will select:

Howard Coward - @JKortesi81 with the 10th Overall Pick.

Joe is a user with a long history with the Austin Copperheads and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he just so happens to be creating at a position that Austin desperately needs a player at, I do have a feeling Howard Coward was always destined to be a Copperhead and that is exactly what happens here.

Pick 1.11

Baltimore BAL - GMs (Trempale and dude_man)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (12th), RB (11th), WR (14th), TE (12th)
Defense: DL (10th), LB (11th), CB (11th), S (13th),
Special Teams: K/P (13th)

I’ve mentioned the Baltimore Hawks previously and their needs heading into this draft. Obviously with taking Kenvald they have less of a need at the CB position with this pick and with the draft class dwindling down I’m not sure where they go here. My thought process would be to go BPA out of one of their many positions of need and here they end up with:

Big McLarge Huge - @Hydrium with the 11th Overall Pick.

I think the Baltimore Hawks would not mind bolstering their offense around their star QB, Preston Beatz and that’s where they go to give him some assistance whether it be with blocking or getting a big body in the endzone. Hydrium has been a great earner so far as he’s currently 9th in TPE in this class. If he wasn’t at Tight End I feel like we would see him go much higher, but the Baltimore Hawks are in a great spot to select a great player here at a position of need.

Pick 1.12

Chicago CHI GMs (Painted, TheCC)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (13th), RB (5th), WR (5th), TE (5th)
Defense: DL (6th), LB (10th), CB (14th), S (5th),
Special Teams: K/P (8th)

First things first, this team is in desperate need of a CB or two to round out its defense. They have some young players that will be future stars in the league there in Brian Duke, Joseph Reed and Quendyn Quarterstorm but they literally do not have a 2nd Cornerback and their top CB is a 261 TPE IA. Offensively, although the team has some issues with the QB position, I don’t think there’s any QBs that are worth drafting this early. Instead, I think the team could use a slight boost at the Wide Receiver position and I’m going to go a little off the board here with this selection. I think with this pick, the Chicago Butchers will select:

Jimmy Ryder - @AJW with the 12th Overall Selection

Jimmy Ryder is one of the highest TPE players in this draft and had a fantastic season with the DSFL Ultimini Champions, Kansas City Coyotes. He is currently 10th in the class in TPE (1st among Wide Receivers) and has gotten off to a great start with earning on his players. However, I do think he shot himself in the foot a bit when it came to his post regarding scouting that I don’t really intend to talk about in my mock. Otherwise, as he’s mentioned, he’s a GM in other leagues and could offer war room suggestions and advice there as well, offering more than just a great player.

Pick 1.13

Arizona ARI GMs (Kotasa and some bum, idk)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (2nd), RB (4th), WR (1st), TE (4th)
Defense: DL (8th), LB (2nd), CB (1st), S (10th),
Special Teams: K/P (8th)

The Arizona Outlaws are a really well built team from top to bottom and I don’t think it was a surprise to anyone that they made it to the Ultimus Game. If anything, it was a surprise they didn’t win it all as they were the favourites by far to win it all back in the preseason. However there are two positions that stand out as needing help for the Arizona Outlaws, Safety and Defensive Line. With Lance Witt and Amari Springer both starting to get hit really hard by regression, I think the team will go with a Safety here as I feel like it’s a position that needs better earners than at Defensive Tackle or End. With this pick, I think the Outlaws take:

Notso Smart - @Pib with the 13th Overall Pick

Now I know what you are probably thinking. No fucking way the guy thats 2nd in TPE in the class at a position of need for multiple teams falls this far. But hear me out, Pib was an Arizona Outlaw lifer on his previous player and has already expressed interest in returning there on Notso Smart. I think it’s a very easy, no-brainer of a pick and I can’t really imagine anything changing that here. Pib is a great user who will probably end up with some DSFL accolades for his incredible rookie season there and to get that kind of value at the end of the 1st round is just absurd.

Pick 1.14

Honolulu HON - GMs (IceBear and MMFLEX)

Position Ranks:
Offense: QB (11th), RB (10th), WR (10th), TE (9th)
Defense: DL (14th), LB (13th), CB (13th), S (14th),
Special Teams: K/P (12th)

Once again, another team that I’ve already written about here. Obviously with the selection of Bayley, DL is less of a problem here, however, I do feel like following the trade for a middle of the pack WR, the Hahalua could use a decent WR3 that could develop nicely into a WR1/High End WR2, which is why I think they select:

Penger Tolliver - @Gwdjohnson with the 14th Overall Pick

Now I don’t think it’s a secret that gwdjohnson is one of my good friends across sim leagues. Hell, apparently we were good enough friends that HO decided to punish us for tampering without reaching out to either of us, so I would take this with a grain of salt ultimately. But, I think there is a good chance that he can go this early in one of the weaker Wide Receiver classes. When Gabe is dedicated to putting together a good player, he can be a great earner in any league. He has been a great earner in the SHL and his last Wide Receiver peaked at 1100 TPE which isn’t too shabby at all. Pair all this with rumours that he’s had some good discussions with Honolulu and I think it’s very well possible we see this pick here.

@DarknessRising hope you're happy now smh

RE: Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - jeffie43 - 02-08-2023

Any complaints regarding this media can be directed to my assistant, @DarknessRising thank you

RE: Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Starboy - 02-08-2023

[Image: C95xeoL.gif]

RE: Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - dude_man - 02-08-2023

This is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant

RE: Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Thor - 02-08-2023

good job but no way gabe goes in the first, way too stinky

RE: Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - Akoustique - 02-08-2023

I hear your gruel meal in the Media Prison is getting upgraded to an oatmeal for finishing this!

Cheers though, I appreciate the idea of me going anywhere near first round. You've been super great in the BBB LR too, a joy to have around. Love the formatting and needs of each team too, keeps the media easy to follow!

RE: Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - CLG Rampage - 02-08-2023

Bold move having me in the top 10 when I'm destined to go in the 2nd or 3rd round once more.

(02-08-2023, 08:42 PM)Akoustique Wrote: I hear your gruel meal in the Media Prison is getting upgraded to an oatmeal for finishing this!

Cheers though, I appreciate the idea of me going anywhere near first round. You've been super great in the BBB LR too, a joy to have around. Love the formatting and needs of each team too, keeps the media easy to follow!

You're an amazing first-gen in the LR who already has jobs, does media, does GFX. The only potential "knock" is that you're playing at a position that's a surplus in this league. But if anyone does look for a WR in the first, I would be shocked if you aren't one of the first few off the board <3

(02-08-2023, 09:06 PM)CLG Rampage Wrote: Bold move having me in the top 10 when I'm destined to go in the 2nd or 3rd round once more.
Jokes on you you're actually going undrafted, I just wanted to get your hopes up before the draft Smile

RE: Just another S40 ISFL Mock Draft - CLG Rampage - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 10:45 PM)jeffie43 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 09:06 PM)CLG Rampage Wrote: Bold move having me in the top 10 when I'm destined to go in the 2nd or 3rd round once more.
Jokes on you you're actually going undrafted, I just wanted to get your hopes up before the draft Smile

First ever ISFL Undrafted prospect baby, lets gooooo