International Simulation Football League
*FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS (/showthread.php?tid=43535)

*FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - MMFLEX - 02-09-2023

CLICK BAIT! I'm MMFLEX and I have a history of leaking draft picks. As a matter of fact, I have a history of loving mock drafts and draft media in particular. I also have a history of writing Mock Drafts... In an earlier life. You see, being a GM kind of prevents your from writing a mock draft or any other draft coverage. Most draftees are going to read into certain things that may or may not be true, or may or may not end up happening. So, instead of writing a seasonal mock draft that everyone far and near gathers to read, I spare the emotions of our darling prospects.

What you will get from me, instead, is a mock draft solely based on player name. Nothing but player name. I don't care about the juicy teeps. I don't care about position. This is nothing but my personal opinion on the best, funniest, most creative player names of the S40 draft class. HO don't fine me.

#14 Overall:

Fronky Fresh - @Fronk - I read Fronky Fresh and I think of Froggy Fresh. If you don't know Froggy Fresh, he's the best musician on YouTube. Here's a link to his Greatest Hit. I'm not sure if this was what Fronk was naming his player after, but if so, splendid job. Because it's Fronk, he slides back in this mock draft.

#13 Overall:

Tyler One - @pauadrian - Imagine how easy it will be to name every recreate. Tyler Two, Tyler Three, Tyler Four. You get the idea. I don't know about you, but I spend way too much time pacing back and forth trying to come up with a name for my players. Pauadrian has it figured out. They've outsmarted us. They have the names of their next 100 recreates lined up. Hats off, smarty pants.

#12 Overall:

Notso Smart - @Pib - I don't know why, but this name makes me smile. I have that stupid self-degrading humor though. So, I can just picture a football player nonchalantly walking around a practice football field just doing not so smart things. It's also ironic that the name will appear as Smart, N in the sim so it's like they're playing mind games with you. "Oh that player must be smart because their name is Smart." And then you realize what they're full name is. I'm very curious to know what the middle name is.

#11 Overall:

Florida Man - @nickyvmlp - Florida Man makes the list because Florida Man makes every headline. Why is it always men in Florida that do the wildest things? Stop drinking the water from the Everglades, Floridian men! There are 10 times more headlines beginning "Florida Man" than any other state's man. It's a name everyone talks about. Wisely named player if you want everyone talking about you.

#10 Overall:

Howard Coward - @JKortesi81 - I like rhyming names. What more can I say? Plus, I think Howard flies under the radar as a simulation sports name. You can use it as a first name and a last name. Okay, let's be real, you can use anything for a name, but this one is a good one. The name pairs well as a running back too as I imagine a running back with this name constantly running backwards to avoid a big hit. He might set a record for most times tackled for loss.

#9 Overall:

Oliver O'Conner - @SonicStarGaming - As much as I like names that rhyme, I like alliterative names just as much, or more. And, Oliver O'Conner rolls of the tongue nicely. It has good flow. I can also picture Oliver as a new cast member in the Fast and Furious series. Maybe this is Brian O'Conner's brother that pops in and is the new face of the franchise. Who's playing that role? Give me your thoughts.

#8 Overall:

Lenny 'Extra' Longpipe - @bigbluex02 - Another alliterative name, but extra! Extra draft stock since it's extra long pipe. What kind of pipe though? We working in a skyscraper that needs extra long pipes? Smoking from an extra long pipe? Dare I say bedroom long pipe? HO don't fine me. I've seen the Lenny Longpipe name around other leagues, but extra makes it extra special. Solid name.

#7 Overall:

Iosefa Fuamatu-Ma'afala - @Beta - Any name that makes me verify the spelling more than 8 times is a lock for a top 10 pick. I'm already bias with the Fuamatu-Ma'afala name since Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala was an NFL player from Honolulu. It's like Iosefa is my child born with little manta flappy wings. A wonderfully exceptional name.

#6 Overall:

Clint Mustache - @manicmav36 - I'm automatically picturing Clint Eastwood in an old Western flick. A name that immediately takes me to a random thought of any sort is a good name. Manic, you have to tell me how you came up with this name! If it's a random surname to go with a masculine first name, nice job. It's funny! If you were deep in thought on a name while navigating through your own thick mustache to pick your boogies, then even better.

#5 Overall:

Detective Crashmore - @speculadora - "You're dumb." Haha! I love it! An existing name from film that flies under the radar is a great use of a name, and the character is amazing to boot! The first time I saw this name I caught myself give that type of Jeremiah Johnson nod of approval. I bet this is a name few people recognize and I hope this player name causes people to check it out. Fun name!

#4 Overall:

Quandale Dingle - @McGriddy10 - Two reasons Dingle breaks the top 5. First, it/he is a underrated meme, and who doesn't like a good meme in simulation sports? Two, dingle just makes me giggle. Call me a little kid, but I feel like a middle school kid in a reproductive health class when I hear dingle. Teehee.

#3 Overall:

Liv Elsathelookout - @Bayley - Somewhat of an inside joke within the ISFL Town of Salem community, so I love the fact that one of the biggest memes from that game has made it's way into being a name here. High level background story: The cool kids of the league play Town of Salem, and sometimes a theme is present. Oftentimes, when a theme is present, the moderator of the game will try to match a theme character with the game role. Well, the theme was Disney, and Elsa (from Frozen) was made to be the Lookout. Weird, right? Yeah, I know... Same as everyone else. Love the name.

#2 Overall:

Ginand Toxic - @CLG Rampage - I like the play on Gin & Tonic, except made to be Gin & Toxic. It's creative, popular, and refreshing. Sit back and enjoy a nice gin & toxic as you watch your little dot run around a football field. There better be a Color Rush field that features gin & toxic in the near future! I demand it!

#1 Overall:

Lionel Scrimmage - @Mojojojo - What I feel is the most creative name in this draft. It's a play on Line of Scrimmage, and it's relevant to the sport in this league. Lionel is also a defensive tackle, where they will be getting a lot of work at the line of scrimmage. So, more bonus creativity points there. Kudos on creating a fantastic name.

So there you have it! If GM's were like my wife and filled out their March Madness Brackets because of the school name, then Mojo would be the unanimous first overall pick of the S40 Draft.

RE: FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - zaynzk - 02-09-2023

Leaaaasks punish him ho

RE: FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - Gadget - 02-09-2023

Notso Smart snubbed.

RE: FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - infinitempg - 02-09-2023

do... do we punish the fucker????

RE: FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - nickyvmlp - 02-09-2023

Florida Man in another headline. All according to keikaku.

RE: FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - CLG Rampage - 02-10-2023

I do have to thank Dewalt for the name, he won the rights to choose my next player name and he said Ginand Toxic, so I wear it proudly.

RE: FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - Bayley - 02-10-2023

ELSA MAKES A FANTASTIC LOOKOUT - FFS

RE: FLEX ISFL DRAFT LEAKS - br0_0ker - 02-10-2023

(02-09-2023, 04:18 PM)zaynzk Wrote: Leaaaasks punish him ho

i dont think i have the power... also why you calling me a ho?

side note i'm not sure flex knows who t1 is...