International Simulation Football League
*Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser (/showthread.php?tid=43610)

*Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - Ultimatedestroye - 02-12-2023

Hey all, my name is Kyle Crane, the dual threat running back from my hometown college U of Illinois turned GRE Operative that went boots on the ground in Harran! I'm back from my year in the Middle-Eastern city to come back to the thing I love, Football! 
Now there are concerns about me; I only played 2 years in college with only 1 year of starting; I took a full year away from college football; I took that year off to go into basically an active warzone. However, that year in Harran has shaped me into what I am today, and for the better. I'll tell you what, those zombies will make you learn how to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge real fast. Plus the extra parkour training will translate into highlight-reel jukes and hurdles, and ankles getting broken every weekend. You'll see my undying dedication to survive translating into unyielding efforts to get the extra yardage.
I'm currently coming up into the S41 DSFL draft as a Receiving Back, and I look forward to being drafted by a great DSFL team. Any comments are welcome for questions, including but not limited too; my past at Illinois; my past in Harran; who am I; what do I plan to do in this league; and any other questions that come to mind. Anyone can ask questions as well. Please direct the questions to Me, Mr. Crane, or to my agent sitting next to me (Actual IRL Me), Mr. Flanegan. I look forward to answering all of your questions

@Mattyoce971 asks:
1. Who’s game would you say you model yours after?
Crane: For the current game I would model myself after the great Christian McCaffrey, and for all time I would pick the greatest all-time pass-catching RB Marshall Faulk. I try and look at their film when I have some off time in the locker room, which has the added benefit of watching masters at work do their thing.
2. What’s the first thing you are buying with your first game check?
Crane: I’ll put a good amount of it into a stock portfolio, then I’ll buy myself a nice coffee machine with the works.
3. Favorite Gatorade color?
Crane: Blue, always tricks my mind into thinking I am drinking something even cooler, plus the flavor list isn't too shabby for Blue.

@soevil asks:
1. Describe your ideal role on a DSFL team and how you think you can be best utilized.
Crane: My ideal role would be to be a flex/all-rounder on a team. What I mean by that, for clarification, is that I could be used as either a RB or WR at my team's discretion. If they need me to line up as a WR for a slant route or to block for an outside-zone running play, I can do that. If they need me lining up as a tailback for a sweep, I can do that. If they need me to run a route on a PA bootleg, I can do that. I think I would work best on a spread offense, as it would allow me the most space to work in the field running or going out for a route.

1 Do you have any game day rituals?
Crane: More of a pre-game workout/ritual, I do my local gym’s parkour run 3 times in a row. It lets me take my mind off of the game and focus on my best abilities and attributes for that short time span. It allows me to focus just on myself for that time period, and to block out all of the noise, and that just boosts my confidence in what I can and will do in the upcoming game.
2. What isfl mascot do you think would be the best football player if it came to life?
Crane: Odd choice here, but hear me out, the Baltimore Hawks. How are you gonna catch a hawk that's 50 feet in the air with a football? You don’t. End of story. You can’t bring a hunting rifle into the field of play to stop it. How are you going to stop it?

@Twenty6 asks:
1. What significance does your jersey number 22 have?
Crane: As much as I would like to respond and say that it has some deep meaning that is attached to a dark backstory, or attached to a favorite athlete I try and resemble like Emmett Smith, or is supposed to contain some literary allusion, 22 is the number on my back, and that's it. I would much rather have people remembering Crane than 22.
2. What type of route is your favorite?
Crane: The Wheel. It can create absolute hell for zone coverage, and can also deliver me some wide-open TD looks when I torch my man-to-man coverage.
3. After you finish your grocery shopping and load the bags/items into your car, what do you do with the shopping cart? 
I put it back in its designated place like a civilized person. Even in the abandoned city of Harran, I would try and put the carts back where they needed to be if I could spare the time.

@Gadget asks:
1. What would you do if the devil went down to Georgia to challenge you in a fiddle match, where if you win you get a solid gold fiddle but if you lose the devil gets your soul?
Crane: Well we all have to make some deals with the devil at some point, but I ain’t no Johnny and I ain’t the best fiddle player that’s ever been, so ill take the devil on in a parkour match if he really wants to

@Thor asks:
1. What do you bring to a team that other RBs wont?
Crane: To copy off of my own homework for a second, I feel like being that flex player that a team might need could be the key to unlocking the true potential of some offensive schemes.
2. Are there any teams in the ISFL or DSFL that you'd like to play for?
Crane: For the DSFL, I would like to stay in the North division, but for the ISFL I think I would love to play for my hometown Butchers!
3. What should the team that picks you up expect from you both on and off the field?
Crane: For my on-field performance, the team can ask my GRE “friends”, and they’ll say “Crane? Yeah, you gave him any task we needed to be done in the Quarantine zone in Harran, he would get it done. Crane was a one-man army down there, so when he has a goal for himself, he is going to get it done, astronomical odds be damned”. Off the field, you can expect a man that won’t invite you to the bar, but he’ll go a couple of rounds with you, play a game of pool and cover the tip for you. Also, you get a man that won’t sugarcoat when a situation is catastrophic but will try and be realistic to get the best solution for his team. Also I’ll take my future teammates out to teach them how to do some nice parkour

@domffl asks:
1. If every color correspond to a number, what number would yellow be?
Crane: Something Sharp and energetic, so Im feeling 5,7, 17 or 27
2. What’s your favorite color of sock?
Crane: Black. Their low profile, fits in perfectly with any nighttime operations one might need to do, and they are in abundance everywhere
3. Would you rather pee the bed every night for the rest of your life or have to slap every kid named John you meet?
Crane: Well I do pity any children named John that I may ever encounter.

1. As a Marching Illini alum, I have to know what was your favorite halftime show by the marching band?
Crane: It’s always hard trying to look at halftime shows by the band when I’m either looking at game tape or leading that locker room with a speech, however, my favorite one has been the Pirates of the Caribbean one. You can watch that performance over and over and it doesn’t get old.

Well It has been fun answering questions, and I look forward to enjoying a great ISFL & DSFL season with you all! If you have anymore questions about me, you can DM me on discord. I hang out in the ISFL Rookie Discord most of the time, so you can find me there! 

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - Dindog - 02-12-2023

1. Who’s game would you say you model yours after?
2. What’s the first thing you are buying with your first game check?
3. Favorite Gatorade color?

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - soevil - 02-12-2023

Describe your ideal role on a DSFL team and how you think you can be best utilized

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - slothfacekilla - 02-12-2023

Do you have any game day rituals?

What isfl mascot do you think would be the best football player if it came to life?

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - Twenty6 - 02-12-2023

1) What significance does your jersey number 22 have?
2) What type of route is your favorite?
3) After you finish your grocery shopping and load the bags/items into your car, what do you do with the shopping cart?

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - Gadget - 02-12-2023

What would you do if the devil went down to Georgia to challenge you in a fiddle match, where if you win you get a solid gold fiddle but if you lose the devil gets your soul?

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - Thor - 02-12-2023

What do you bring to a team that other RBs wont?

Are there any teams in the ISFL or DSFL that you'd like to play for?

What should the team that picks you up expect from you both on and off the field?

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - domffl - 02-12-2023

If every color correspond to a number, what number would yellow be?

What’s your favorite color of sock?

Would you rather pee the bed every night for the rest of your life or have to slap every kid named John you meet?

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - TubaDeus - 02-12-2023

As a Marching Illini alum, I have to know what was your favorite halftime show by the marching band?

RE: Kyle Crane (S41)- An open Q&A presser - domffl - 02-14-2023

I accept your answers