International Simulation Football League
*S40 Prospect Bowl Day 2 - Standouts, News, Notes - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S40 Prospect Bowl Day 2 - Standouts, News, Notes (/showthread.php?tid=43687)

*S40 Prospect Bowl Day 2 - Standouts, News, Notes - Weaves - 02-14-2023

Hi everyone, I am back with your updates from the second day/week of the prospect bowl!

In this recap, we have four teams battling it out on the field with everything they've got. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the sheer thrill of these games as these talented athletes showcase their skills, speed, and strength. Let the recap begin!

Due to the malfunction of the box score, finding individual stats is very time consuming so players are gonna be missed as I need to go through the tape! So expect more big-picture results over the three games rather than indiviudal contributions in each!

I would say that the biggest topic at hand this week is the collpase of the Centurions, who, on paper, have an absolutely loaded draft-elgible roster. However, in the first game against the Stallions, it was a complete defensive collapse the first few drives. I don't know who gave the Stallions Andy Reid as a Head Coach, but they were unfazed by this elite defense. In the first two drives, they entirely threw the ball at Bradley Welch Jr. , racking up huge yards and points in the process. Then, stopped doing that and just started running the ball over and over at the linebackers to make it 14-3. The Centurions eventually erased the slow start start but it was not enough as they lost 20-15. Offensive the QB Bannings was racking up yards, but maybe not so efficent with only 5 YPP. Not too much to note here overall as the Stallions had a Bot QB that the heavy lifting, but Mary Marie + Loose Cannon (Stallions) both had INTs fueling first overall speculations yet again.

In Game 2, Mali completly blew it against the Spartans, up 17-3 only to lose 27-24. Game ball goes to QB Jake Jefferson of the Spartans averaging 6.7 YPA throwing absolute deep bombs to all of the Spartan WRs, so props to all of those dudes for good showings there as well. No interceptions in this one, and not too many defensive plays to note, just a lot of tackles and a couple sacks (one by a bot!)! Jefferson worked flawlessly down the field after being down and came out with the win.

Game 3: Mali vs Centurions, Mali again did their best to blow the lead, but the Centurions yet again could not get it done -- so we got a...... TIE!  I thought QB Bannings of CENT was actually pretty good again in this one with a 7.1 YPA + 3 TD, but a costly INT probably was a reason the game ended in a tie. MALI did not do much QB wise as they have BOT QB, but RB Eilliot Berry was great with 4.5 YPA for 85 yards!

I did want to make a note about WR Buster Beverly Jr. and Saul Elkton (WR) , who had 102 and 95 yards recieving respectively. This was another game where there was not much to note on the defensive side, no interceptions outside of Dingle who had one for Mali. I thought Bo Stonerod (LB) for Mali probably was the best of both sides of the ball, with 12 tackles, 3 TFL and a sack. Like i said, shame this ends in a tie, the worst score in sports.

Game 4: Stallions vs Spartans, and the Stallions crushed it by a score of 38-21. QB bot on the Stallions was great (nobody cares its a bot) and QB Jake Jefferson of the Spartans was still great in this one, again - with a whopping 7.5 YPA for 360 yards but 2 costly INT probably cost them the game. Rush game, like most games this week, was non-notable. I did think the WRs for both teams were great, spreading the ball around and getting yards. Bot 3 and Bot 6 were the best defensive players on each team, an.. yeah im not doing this about bots forgive me, but Loose Cannon had another INT so there isn't much more to say at this point.

Game 5: Spartans vs Centurions, Spartans win 36-17, in what really was a blowout. I think certain guys on the Centurions are more interested in speaking with GMs then playing the games, or it looked that way. No good performances on any side of the ball whatsoever so I won't even go there.

On the other hand, QB Jake Jefferson of the Spartans, my weekly MVP was cooking with a 8.9!!!! YPA through the air and 6.8!! on the ground, for a total of 346 yards. Hands, the RB for the Spartans, had 96 yards on 8 attempts, for a beastly 12 YPC. The Riddler was a beast catching the ball, for 112 yards. And the story of the week, Bots had 2/3 interceptions in this game.............

Centurions better get it together for the game(s) tonight or else!

Game 6: Mali vs Shelbyville -- A TIE!  34-34. What a week this was, Mali had TWO ties and blew a 17-3 lead, not great. This a comical matchup cause it was all QB's making the difference and it was.. YOU GUESSED IT QB BOT M VS QB BOT S!

Qb Bot M torched it with 453 yards passing and a 9.3!!!!!!!!!! YPA, and QB BOT S had 415 yards with 8.9 YPA! Someone draft these two!
Wolfie McDummy Jr. (WR) was great catching the ball for Mali with 104 yards and Legs McMillion (WR) was excellent for the Stallions with 118 yards! The two #1 wideouts came to play!

The QB bots kept a clean sheet, no interceptions and as I said, was mainly an offensive showcase between the two stud QBs. 

//

That is all for now, Im kind of curious how these performances impact draft position. Im personally telling everyone to watch out for QB Jake Jefferson of the Spartans, as mentioned, my weekly MVP. 

I think this was also a week where WR shined, most of the guys you'd expect to be making a difference seemed to do so. This will be interesting come draft day if they get bumped up the rankings due to these performances or not! 

What were your thoughts on the games? Any standouts to you? I may be back with Week 3 standouts if there is time, but it may be too close to draft time!

RE: S40 Prospect Bowl Day 2 - Standouts, News, Notes - wizard_literal - 02-14-2023

All Mali knows how to do is Win, Tie, Blow leads and go into Overtime.