International Simulation Football League
Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+---- Thread: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! (/showthread.php?tid=43722)

Pages: 1 2

Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - Swanty - 02-15-2023

Hi ISFLers!

As Laser outlined in the Line of Scrimmage league newsletter a few days ago, we've been exploring options for replacing the lost income as a result of Twitter closing off its API. As a temporary measure, a task was released for this week only: a very short writing prompt for which you will receive $800k. If you haven't done this one yet, you have until Sunday to get it done!

Now however, we are happy to announce that the permanent solution will be a major enhancement to our Discord payout scheme. Previously, you were paid at the end of each season based on the MEE6 level you reached in the official ISFL server. You ascend through the levels based on the number of posts you make (though when you make a post, it won't count any other posts for another 60 seconds to discourage spamming). The posts required to reach each subsequent level scale, so while it takes 4,675 XP to reach level 10 and receive $1M, it then takes another 19,175 XP to reach level 20 to receive $2M. To say it more explicitly, you will earn $100K for every level you are.

The main enhancement we're making to the scheme is to reset the MEE6 levels and pay out weekly rather than seasonally, with the XP resets happening every Monday. So previously, a user who made 50 qualified posts per week would have earned $1.5M. But now, because the levels are being paid weekly, our example user would instead receive $500k per week for a seasonal total of $4M.

And if that's not enough, we're also multiplying the XP earned from each message starting from Monday. You'll now earn an average of 40 XP per message (up from 30) helping you ascend those levels even quicker. In our example from before, someone posting 50 qualified messages per week would earn $4.8M per season!

And if that's not enough, users who have players in their first 3 seasons (so at the time of writing, S39/S40/S41 players) who are a member of the DSFL server will also have a separate MEE6 level which will be paid out in the same way. This will also be added in time for Monday. So for those of you early in your player's career who need some fast cash, participating in both servers could net you a solid income.

Those of you in league leadership may have been a part of earlier brainstorming discussions where we explored a number of other alternatives such as making the current mini money task a weekly thing. Ultimately we decided that encouraging Discord participation little and often was the way to go as, unlike Twitter where accounts are relatively siloed, participating in a league-wide Discord encourages everyone to come together as a community.

Rather than this being a data entry chore (or something that can be automated and forgotten about), we're hoping that posting in the league Discord will end up being something we want to do naturally, whether that be following along with the game streams, participating in game nights or other events, or just chatting with people around the league that we might not interact with in our team locker rooms.

And to aid the revitalisation of the ISFL server, we're looking to rebrand our Community Mod team to the Community Engagement team. While the team's responsibility of moderating the server will still be there, we really want the focus to be on creating an inviting space, hosting events and engaging the community to come together. With that in mind, we will be looking for a new Community Engagement team members + a new department head, so keep an eye out for the job postings if that sounds like it could be a good fit for you.

If you have any questions about the new scheme, feel free to post below!

Tldr: post chat, get paid

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - domffl - 02-15-2023

Common HO W

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 02-15-2023

I could feasibly just pop into the chat a few times a day with nonsense, not engage in any conversation, and still get paid, right? I wish this applied for the team discords and not just the main league but its better than nothing!

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - DarknessRising - 02-15-2023

(02-15-2023, 10:14 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote: I could feasibly just pop into the chat a few times a day with nonsense, not engage in any conversation, and still get paid, right? I wish this applied for the team discords and not just the main league but its better than nothing!

Pretty much, you wont be able to just list off 100 messages in a minute and get banked based on how Mee6 works to avoid spamming to gain levels, but yes that is essentially all you need to do (messages).

Has for LR, before actually considering it, I wonder if 22 teams are going to allow someone in admin access to be able to check and reset their levels every single week. Not only does that mean having do something 22 times instead of 2 weekly, but teams that have had levels existing for years, will have to give that up permanently and I don't know if teams would do that in unison.

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - soevil - 02-15-2023

(02-15-2023, 10:14 AM)JBLAZE_THE_BOSS Wrote: I could feasibly just pop into the chat a few times a day with nonsense, not engage in any conversation, and still get paid, right? I wish this applied for the team discords and not just the main league but its better than nothing!

I'm glad someone other than me had this thought. I also wish that the anti-spam timer could be reduced from 60 seconds down to 30. Imagine being in a conversation but waiting 60 seconds per reply because you want to make sure your contributions are counted - just feels awkward.

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - Swanty - 02-15-2023

(02-15-2023, 10:44 AM)soevil Wrote: I'm glad someone other than me had this thought. I also wish that the anti-spam timer could be reduced from 60 seconds down to 30. Imagine being in a conversation but waiting 60 seconds per reply because you want to make sure your contributions are counted - just feels awkward.

I feel like if you do that, conversations are going to fizzle out. If you just talk like a normal person, you'll probably end up with a longer more normal chat and get paid more.

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - soevil - 02-15-2023

(02-15-2023, 10:53 AM)Swanty Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 10:44 AM)soevil Wrote: I'm glad someone other than me had this thought. I also wish that the anti-spam timer could be reduced from 60 seconds down to 30. Imagine being in a conversation but waiting 60 seconds per reply because you want to make sure your contributions are counted - just feels awkward.

I feel like if you do that, conversations are going to fizzle out. If you just talk like a normal person, you'll probably end up with a longer more normal chat and get paid more.

Maybe so. I'm sure this way will work perfectly for a good number of people, so it is hard to complain too much. Personally, I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to discord conversations, and when I do I prefer to contribute to my teams LRs. Perhaps it will just take a small shift of focus. Regardless, I'm glad HO found a resolution pretty quick.

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 02-15-2023

(02-15-2023, 10:31 AM)DarknessRising Wrote:

Pretty much, you wont be able to just list off 100 messages in a minute and get banked based on how Mee6 works to avoid spamming to gain levels, but yes that is essentially all you need to do (messages).

Has for LR, before actually considering it, I wonder if 22 teams are going to allow someone in admin access to be able to check and reset their levels every single week. Not only does that mean having do something 22 times instead of 2 weekly, but teams that have had levels existing for years, will have to give that up permanently and I don't know if teams would do that in unison.

Ahh very well, I hadn't considered that good point about the Discord access. 

I think this is a really good solution, a common sense compromise for a stinky situation. Thank you for the quick reply and extra information to help me understand. Good work HO

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - Pat - 02-15-2023

(02-15-2023, 10:44 AM)soevil Wrote:

I'm glad someone other than me had this thought. I also wish that the anti-spam timer could be reduced from 60 seconds down to 30. Imagine being in a conversation but waiting 60 seconds per reply because you want to make sure your contributions are counted - just feels awkward.

Wait, is it not normal to wait a minute before responding to people in conversation? Is this why my family never calls me anymore?

RE: Replacing Twitter Income - Dollars for Discord! - Twenty6 - 02-15-2023

(02-15-2023, 12:56 PM)Pat Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 10:44 AM)soevil Wrote:

Wait, is it not normal to wait a minute before responding to people in conversation? Is this why my family never calls me anymore?
Look at this guy trying to audition for Fast 11.