International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week (/showthread.php?tid=43943)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

(S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - dude_man - 02-27-2023

(S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S40 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, March 5th, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: We’ve had a crazy week of games! And because of this, we’ve had some crazy plays or sequence of plays. For this PT, describe your favorite play(s) of the season so far. What about it made it your favorite? Shoot, what’s your least favorite play(s)? Describe literally anything about it (even in a POV sense)!

Graphic Option: Create a graphic showing your player making a new play and demonstrating it to the team!

Affiliate claims from SHL, SLL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - UptownCord - 02-27-2023

My favorite play of the week was Portland's first defensive play during their close game against Minnesota. Perhaps I am a little biased as it involves my player, but I feel that it really set the tone for Portland's wrecking ball of a front seven. After Portland's offense stalled out on the first possession, Charlie Brown kicked a beauteous 48 yard punt that was downed at the Minnesota seven yard line. On the next play, Minnesota's Blaine Falco dropped back to pass, but was quickly sacked by John Stark VIII and Minnesota was pinned at their own one yard line, setting up second and fifteen. As expected, Minnesota went three and out, being forced to punt the ball back to Portland, who reached the end zone on the very next drive. Over the course of the game, Portland was dominant on both sides of the line of scrimmage, tallying a DSFL leading six sacks while allowing a tied for the DSFL lead zero sacks. I am sure that the excellent start inspired Portland's front seven to keep up their excellent level of play, with each member desperate to get a sack of their own.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - TheHammer43 - 02-27-2023

Come on you really gonna ask me this question? Like there isn't an obvious answer? My forced fumble against Orange county was hands down my favourite play of the season so far, I hit Kaguya Shinomiya so hard he almost walked onto our sideline, I had to show the otters that they aren't gonna do what they did to us last season so easily, so I ran their offensive line into the dirt and showed Sinomiya who's boss, I forced that ball out of his hands and I dove on that bad boy like it was the last play of the season and it woulda won us an Ultimus. I like to believe that play set the tone for us and really helped us kick it into fifth gear as we went on to score sixty two points that game, truly a game to remember for the boys, hopefully I can recreate that play a couple more times this season.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - 37thchamber - 02-27-2023

In week three of this season, against the Wraiths -- the consensus best defense, and the best team in the league -- Remi racked up a personal best of sixteen pancakes. For context, only ten times in the history of the league, has a human player managed more pancakes in a single game. This was enough to earn him offensive player of the game, a rarity for offensive linemen in the modern ISFL era. What stood out, though, was the manner in which some of those pancakes were achieved.

Naturally, he utilised many standard lineman blocking techniques; and given his sumo background, there were some instances that resembled basic sumo techniques -- mostly these are similar to abisetaoshi, oshitaoshi or tsukitaoshi; basic sumo techniques that force an opponent down by leveraging body weight, pushing or thrusting. But one, in particular, was noteworthy not just for its rarity in American football, but also its rarity in sumo.

The technique in question resembles "hikkake", in which one moves backward and to the side to cause your opponent to step off balance, allowing you to execute an arm drag. This technique is so rare, it accounts for just 0.11% of wins in recorded sumo history. Of course, in the ISFL the arm drag portion of this move is forbidden by the rules, and instead, Remi executed the first half of a hikkake, before dropping his stance even lower, and transitioning into a sort of "half mitokorozeme" (triple attack) to lift the defender enough to knock him onto his back with a powerful upward thrust. Mitokorozeme is so rare, it occurs in fewer than one in ten thousand sumo bouts. Normally, it would require a leg trip and grappling, both of which are not permitted in American football, so Remi improvised his movement to fall within permitted technical constraints.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Aneeqs - 02-27-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - nickyvmlp - 02-27-2023

"And the Number 1 Play of the Day comes from Pythons vs. Grey Ducks.  1st and 10 from Minnesota's 29, Painted Penguin drops back, and fires a shot down the left side of the field, and Florida Man leaps up with an insane one-handed catch.  He then keeps his balance, stiff arms Benjamin Duvernay, and sprints 71 yards to the house to give the Grey Ducks a 14-7 lead.  Watch this catch again in slo-mo, Florida Man stretches all the way out and grabs the ball with two fingertips, and manages to pull it in.  Then while still trying to secure the ball, he sends Duvernay to the Shadow Realm with this mean stiff arm, and they aren't going to catch that blazing speed.  On the sideline, he was heard saying "good thing that was the hand that had the Stick 'Em on it.  Haha, what a jokester.  Minnesota lost a nailbiter there, 31-27."

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - sakrosankt - 02-27-2023

Everything was going fine in week 3 for the Sarasota Sailfish. Everything was in line. An early 21-0 lead against the Baltimore Hawks was nothing to be surprised of, it was more or less expected. The only thing that turned this game into something "special", was the fact that the Sailfish didn't go out with a win in that game. And I hate it. I watched the game relive when I got up, and thought it was a home run game for Sarasota. They got the big lead until late in the fourth quarter. It was 37-24, withing the 2 minute mark and Baltimore was about to score. I was like, ok, should they score another touchdown, I got Preston Beatz on my fantasy team so why not. Wrong! They scored and attempted an onside kick. And of course the onside kick was good. How many times does this happen? Like never. But in that game it was the case. The sheer luck of recovering that is insane. And then they marched down the field and scored another one to win the game 38-37. I was in shock. That is exactly how a bad day starts. (Even the more with a second loss to Chicago shortly after)

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - WildfireMicro - 02-27-2023

[Image: Polish_20230227_084549709.jpg]

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - TheRake - 02-27-2023

The play of the week has to go to Willier Miller 79 yard pass to Don Tollibeo in the London Royals vs defending DSFL champion Kansas City Coyotes. First series of the game, 3rd and 9 with not even a minute off the game clock, the Royals hit a dagger play and take an early 7 to 0 lead. That play set the tone for the game and ended up being the difference in a close 38 to 33 victory for London.

One of the worst plays of the week was unfortunately committed by the Minnesota Grey Duck’s QB Painted Penguin opting to spike the ball on 3rd and 21 after an 11 yard sack by Portland Python rookie CB Lavondrius Dingle. With the ball on the Portland 39 yard line, 59 seconds remaining and no timeouts, I think the correct move is to run a play to the sideline and try to get out of bounds. Having two downs to make up 21 yards is more valuable than saving 20 seconds when you’re that close to the opponent’s end zone. I’m not sure if Painted took it upon himself to spike the ball or if it was the Coach’s decision but either way it was a massive blunder that contributed to their first loss of the season.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - marccelaat - 02-27-2023

Im not a big ISFL fan, so i don’t watch any of there games, i will probably once i’m drafted, I decided on a play very very quickly, and of course, it’s Logjammeds -5 yard Sack against the Dallas Birddogs. Logjammed came out very hot, simply rushing past the Tackle trying to guard him, and took the Qb down with ease, he was very excited about this play, however he was very tired after this and decided to take a nap on the sideline as his team killed the Birddogs. My least favorite play had to be every play where Logjammed wasn’t in! which was most of the game due to his nap. At least he is feeling very rested for his game this week. And will he get another sack? Logjammed has posted the sack on every single one of his social medias, so other teams Qb better hope that he doesn’t get one against them, or they’ll be all over his moms Facebook Feed.