International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week (/showthread.php?tid=43943)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - jdc4654 - 02-27-2023

In the game between the London Royals and Kansas City Coyotes, the Royals jumped to a quick 14-0 lead in the first quarter. The Coyotes felt like they needed to reach deep into the playbook earlier in order to avoid the deficit getting worse. Coach brings in rookie backup quarterback Jake Jefferson @thecanadiancanuck under center. Looking at the London defensive line, they appeared confused as they were expecting Mathias Mayhem to still be the quarterback in the game. Loose Cannon and the other linebackers were looking to their sideline wondering if they should audible or call a timeout. But before it was too late, Jefferson snaps the ball. He looks up, fakes throwing the ball down field as Coke Zero sprints down the sideline, and Jefferson actually takes off with the ball. Gus Johnson on the call was shocked of "wheels Jefferson has on him". In a moment where the Coyotes needed a spark, Jefferson delivered a 34 yard rushing touchdown to make it a one score game in the first quarter.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Weaves - 02-27-2023

This one is pretty easy, it is the entire sequence of plays in the second half of the Norkfolk vs Bondi Bucs game. All of the drives for NOR, outside of one, ended up in scores to come back from a pretty large three score deficiet. It was an offensive masterclass, and those drives are memorable to me because it was the first game of the year, and setting that tone early is important. After the season we may look back at this game as an example of that "one-win" that got NOR that #1 seed

For the least favorite play(s) of the season, it would be the first quarter of the same game. The Bucs scored every time they touched the ball, converting on at least three 3rd and longs, which essentially put NOR in a very difficult position to have to come back from. Even worse, it was the home opener, so being down that much after all that prep can be pretty deflating.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - OrbitingDeath - 02-27-2023

My favourite play so far on the season was the Kansas City Shuffle we did in the game versus the Austin Copperheads. Do you know what a Kansas City Shuffle is? It is an advanced play where you need a lot of confidence for to perform it. With a Kansas City Shuffle you are basically aware and know that the opponent is expecting a trick play. But the true trick in this, is that it's a trick play on a trick play, so we will have to outsmart the defence.

In our matchup versus Austin we were 27-13 behind, so with the game on the line and to have a fighting chance, I decided to go for the shuffle. I called out some bullshit numbers in the huddle, so that the Copperheads were expecting a trick play. And the trick play came, but not like they expected. On go we all started running back in the reverse direction, in a scrimmage that looks like we were paniccing and running towards our own goal line, Bean Delphine Jr was still standing there. And with an entire team chasing me, Bean was still left wide open and he could run it in for 55 yards.

I'm sure they will fall for this a next time as well, as everytime with the Kansas City Shuffle the opponent unknowingly, will always join in the chase when they smell a potential sack.

236 words

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - ElMerchanto - 02-27-2023

Opting to choose a least favourite play is quite the proposition this week as a Birddog...

It's safe to say Dallas didn't have the best showing, but I'll focus on the positives instead. We tallied our first TD of the season late in the 4th quarter as little more than a consolation prize, but it was still the first TD none the less. With players settling in and learning the ropes, we look to improve as a whole moving forward. Plenty of successful teams have tanked game 1.

Rookie Tight End Pierce Hawthorne caught the six yard TD pass from RAINN, which brought out some silver lining late into a miserable showing. The large bodied Hawthorne typically provides stellar value in the blocking game, but broke through for the short gain into the end zone this time. Is it a one off or someting we'll see factor into the offence? Time will tell on that, but at least we know we can score.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - bechtudo - 02-27-2023

Looking thru the glasses from the Cape Town Crash there are two plays so far this season qualifying as plays of the week. In week 2 against the Colorado Yeti we had a 56-yard interception returned for a TD from FS Jasper Fontaine. Yeti where lined up in a shotgun formation and played the Skinny Post play which the Crash where ready for with a 3-3-5 Wide Tampa 2 formation. Fontaine caught the ball on the own 44-yard line and raced down the lane for a pick-6. In the week 5 game against the Berlin Fire Salamanders there was a play of the week for the Crash when RB Jarvis Harbinger-Marjin broke thru the defenders on a Slam left out of the I-formation and ran for 66 yards to pay-dirt and scored a TD. Funny note beside this, after the ensuing kickoff three plays later the Fire Salamanders had a big one on their own when Berlin QB Roque Santa-Cruz completed a 64 yard pass to WR Really Creative-Name which also scored a TD.

Code:
180 words

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - MattBake12 - 02-27-2023

This is a tough one, but I think without a doubt my favorite play of the week was Kaguya Shinomiya's 75 yd run against the Baltimore Hawks in week two. This was an offensive explosion game for Kaguya, in total they had 6 touchdowns for the Otters, five on the ground and one through the air. 280 total rushing yards and an astounding 18.7 YPC. Orange county put up a total of 66 points in this game, I almost think this game was fixed or some kind of fantasty consipiracy. The wild thing is that Kaguya was traded for almost peanuts to the otters, and now they have this wild wild game, if they can keep this rushing dominance up they might be in contention for this seasons MVP. All in all, this might be the greatest single game performance in the last 10 seasons as far as I have seen or heard of. Its easy to lob a ball to your speed receiver down field but to have 2+ 50 yard rushing tuddys as a QB, thats amazing.

Code:
179 words

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Urq660 - 02-27-2023

The best play for the Bondi Beach Buccaneers from Week 1 was, unsurprisingly, the first defensive play of the game. I say unsurprisingly, because the Buccaneers came out of the gate like whippets, but seemed to fade as the game went on. 

Buoyed by the strong showing in their first offensive drive, capped by Malik Brooks touchdown, the defense were hyped as they took the field, following the kickoff. Norfolk’s highly-fancied offence lined up opposite, in a fairly conservative formation, certainly not looking like they’d try to put a big pass play on their first try. But, that turned out to be what they did. Norfolk QB Rocky Franklin III took the snap, dropped back and scanned the field. The pocket held long enough for Franklin to spot rookie receiver Slim Reaper coming out of the slot, nicely open. What he didn’t spot was the looming coverage of Bondi Safety and 1st overall pick in the recent draft, Mary Marie. The athletic prowess of Marie, and their outstanding football IQ combined, to have the 1OA pick nab their own pick at the first attempt!

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Rabidsponge21 - 02-27-2023

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=30036&view=findpost&p=554481 - PBE PT

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - soevil - 02-27-2023

POV perspective of Austin Morley, WR Chicago Butchers.

Inner monologue: First game of the new season, baby. Even better, its Morley bobblehead night! I hope the fans have a spot picked out to display this season edition, no chance I don't score tonight. What a damn shame we lost the coin toss, though. At least I get to watch the Big Fella show off some new pass rushing skills. 

Morley watched on as the opening kick sailed through the endzone and the Butcher defense took the field. The Yeti offense marched down the field, and the drive ended with an 18 yard field goal by Colorado's kicker Orlando Doom. Morley trotted on to the field with the kick return team, low-fiving his teammates as he made his way out. As he passed Joe Reed coming off the field, they stopped and butted facemasks. 

Morley: "Block that shit next time!"

Reed: "Next time. Now you go out there and do the damn thing."

Morley waited in the endzone. 

Inner monologue: 6-34... 5 catches for 32 yards. I won't let it happen again. Here we go...

Radio Broadcast: Fielded in the endzone by Morley, he brings it out! Down the middle up to the 20, he cuts left, to the 25, he's got an alley down the left side! To the 40, 50! He cuts back across the field! Its a footrace! To the 40, to the 30, 20, 15, 10, 5, TOUCHDOWN! Austin Morley, 102 yard touchdown! Bobble baby, bobble!

239 words

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - jollyjiggs - 02-27-2023

With an incredible opener from every team, it's hard to narrow it down to just one. So to cover my bases, I'll select two from my own team and one from another.

The first play is from a team that is not my own. I'm choosing a 76 yard TD pass from Donovan Winters to Malcom Grimes to tie the game up against the Grey Ducks. This catch may get lost in the shootout that was Portland vs Minnesota, but I wanted to give it a shout out here as it's really when the tide began turning for the Pythons. It gave them momentum going into the second half and they never really looked back afterwards.

The second play I want to select is my own! Down 20 to 7 and nearing the end of the second quarter, the Seawolves needed to put up more points against the Buccaneers before going into halftime. The Buccaneers pinned the Seawolves back somewhat deep into their own 14. After a 5 yard penalty, Norfolk found themselves having a whopping 3 minutes and all their timeouts while sitting at their 19 on a 1st and 5. While he may be considered a field general, quarterback Rocky Franklin III is a gunslinger at heart and launched a rocket to Legs McMillion for a 44 yard gain. Legs had been pretty quiet before that catch and run, and it finally gave him a chance to earn his namesake in a real game. Unfortunately, Bondi Beach cornerback DeAndre Crover was able to stop him shy of reaching the redzone.

My final play has to be fellow rookie wide receiver Sean Robinson's game winning catch in the 4th quarter of the same game. After shutting out the Bucs in the entire second half, the Seawolves were still down 3. In the middle of the 4th quarter, Norfolk was able to get the final touchdown of the game on a 15 yard pass to Robinson to complete the comeback. Robinson, not usually known for his speed, was able to get the touchdown by picking up an additional 5 yards after catch with his legs.