International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week (/showthread.php?tid=43943)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Memento Mori - 03-03-2023

Smokin' Jay's career has been, well, mixed. The Bondi Beach Buccaneers quarterback threw a combined 48 interceptions across their first two years as a starter, but had started the Season 40 season comparatively well with five touchdowns and one interception in Bondi Beach's opening two games. Week 3 saw them travel to play the Portland Pythons, creating a rare DSFL revenge game narrative. Bondi's second round pick, wide receiver Oliver Tolliver, had played three games for the Pythons at the tail end of the S39 season before being drafted to the Australia-based team.

It was 2nd down and 8, after rookie running back Hunter Renphrow had been stopped for a one yard gain at the Bondi 25 yard line. Jay received the snap from the center, and scanned his first read, Plant Based. He turned back to face the middle of the field, where Tolliver had found space behind the linebacker on a go route. Jay released the ball, placing it perfectly in the rookie's stride and he successfully caught the ball after dropping several passes on this field while wearing a Python uniform. Tolliver outran the entire Portland defensive backfield and took the pass all the way for a touchdown, his first as a pro. (206 words)

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Mooty99 - 03-03-2023

MY favourite and least favourite play of the season so far you ask me, you me to describe them too you? Have you not been watching the game I have been playing in? Well there is a slight problem with this you see as my memory of games and plays and people and things isn't what it used to be, some doctors have claimed this is due to the excessive quantity of pan galactic gargle blasters I have drunk in my life time but honestly I think it is more likely because I am just so unbelievably cool that remembers stuff just isn't me, more sort of the the kind of think some square would do. So you remember that play i did in the last, the one where I caught the ball and probably ran with it, maybe even scored a touchdown? That one was my favourite. You remember a play in the last game where I didn't catch the ball? That was my least favourite, it is that easy.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - AK41 - 03-03-2023

PBE AFFILIATE LINK

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Reedy0rNot - 03-03-2023

My favorite play of the season so far was in week 1 in our win against the colorado yeti. It was a back and forth battle so far and I was ready to make my mark and spark life into the defense. Our punter had just pinned them on their own 6 yard line and I knew this was when I had to unleash the MonStar. It was 3rd down and they hadn't moved the ball yet. This was my moment. I lined up on the left edge ready to pass rush. The ball was snapped and I exploded out of my stance. I started with a bull rush against their right tackle, but it was really just a bluff. The moment I made contact with him I shot my right arm in and lifted up, performing a well executed rip. This put the tackle off balance and created my opening. To my surprise, they were running a bootleg to my side! In the blink of an eye I burst past the lineman and was on the QB. As I crushed him I saw the ball fly out and hit the ground. Thanks to a lucky bounce, I was able to reach out and grab it. I thought to myself "Yes! My first ever touchdown!". I thought for sure I was in the endzone. Unfortunately they called me on the 1 yardline. Oh well, better luck next time.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Raven - 03-03-2023

Code:
Written option: We’ve had a crazy week of games! And because of this, we’ve had some crazy plays or sequence of plays. For this PT, describe your favorite play(s) of the season so far. What about it made it your favorite? Shoot, what’s your least favorite play(s)? Describe literally anything about it (even in a POV sense)!

The Berlin Fire Salamanders have not had a successful season so far. Their only win of the season has come in week 1 of the regular season against the Honolulu Halalua. Poetically Perez had his best game of the season against his old team. He didn't record that many yards, with only 76 yards on 8 plays for 9.5 yards per catch. His big contribution that day were 2 touchdowns in a 43-24 final score line. His big play was the first touchdown he scored. At this point both teams were close in score, 10-7. Thanks to a spectacular one handed catch on the sidelines, the finesse he showed to keep in bounds and the 18 yards that ensued, Perez was able to put at least one touchdown between both teams. Which allowed his team to continue putting up a nice score line against Honolulu. Which he of course also later contributed towards.

[153 words]

Sean Robinson Breakout Game - 18situaseans - 03-03-2023

The RedZone threat in Week 2

On Tuesday, February 28th, 2023, Sean Robinson played the best football of his life in a Week 2 matchup in the DSFL against the Tijuana Luchadores. 5 REC, 85 Yards, and 3 TDs. Who is this kid? Sean Robinson was a 6th round pick and the 47th pick in the S41 DSFL Draft and is immediately making an impact for Norfolk. N pine expected this outburst from him in only week 2. But he thought otherwise. When looking  at his statline, you immediately realize he had 3 TDs on 5 REC. how????? Norfolk QB Rocky Franklin has been looking at Robinson a ton in the redzone and this has led to lots of TD opportunities for Sean. In this game, Sean took it to another level with 3 TDs as a rookie in just his second regular season contest. This huge game felt good for Sean especially because the other good Possession WR from the draft was on the other sideline. Benji Aguilera. They had some fun pregame trash talk and this made this game even more awesome for Robinson. Sean will likely build off this game and don’t be surprised if we see an even bigger outburst from the rookie in the coming weeks.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - caravaggio - 03-03-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - manicmav36 - 03-03-2023

Through seven games this season, the Berlin Fire Salamanders have the conference right where they want them. No one expects the team with only one win and seven losses to do anything of value the remainder of the season. Unfortunately for the Berlin Fire Salamanders, Clint Mustache has apparently taken that thought to heart and has done next to nothing so far this season. With just even tackles, two tackles for loss, and one sack, I don’t have much positivity to go off of, but let’s give it a shot! In a game that Berlin almost won, Clint Mustache had his second most productive outing of the season, finishing with three tackles and a sack. That sack came in the first quarter, during the first drive of the game. Chicago was marching down the field uncontested but had just committed an illegal shift penalty. The very next play, Clint Mustache fired off the line, delivered a quick blow to the offensive tackles chest plate, ripped through his left arm and drilled St. Christmas for a loss of eight yards. Just kidding, the offensive tackle actually stepped on the guard’s foot and fell, but Clint was still able to get to the quarterback, and actually did something constructive for his team. So…. yeah. Great job, Clint.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - toivo - 03-03-2023

The weather was quite cold and the team was trailing by three when they sent my player out onto the field. We were hoping to at least get a field goal on this drive, and get us back into the game. After exhausting three downs trying to get better field position, New Orleans Second Line head coach looked to my player for the kick. Every kick is taken with the same mental approach so that the pressure of the circumstance does not get in the way. The kick ended up soaring through the uprights, good as a two-dollar bill. The wind was a grand opponent that day. It really put up a fight but the ball was kicked with the intention of overpowering its force. The team was really hyped to get that field goal and put us at a tied game and rallied around my player. The play is my favorite because it really changed the tide of the game.

Kahn on pbe

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Joe Shabado - 03-03-2023

I have two favorite plays from this season so far! My first favorite play of the season so far was when Mayham connected with Berry for a 43-yard touchdown. It was a perfectly placed ball, just out of reach for the defender, and Berry snatched it out of the air in stride. What made it my favorite was the sheer athleticism and precision of the pass and catch, and the fact that it put Mayham and Berry into the record books as the first quarterback-wide receiver duo to both have 3 TDs in a game this season. My second favorite play of the season so far has to be when KCC SS O'Hullihan 2 sack game. What made it my favorite was just how agile and fast O'Hullihan was in escaping the blocks, then being able to shift gears and outrun the other teams defense on his way to sacking the QB twice in the same game.