International Simulation Football League
Retirement. - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=495)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Head Office Announcements (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=230)
+---- Thread: Retirement. (/showthread.php?tid=43963)

Pages: 1 2

Retirement. - .Laser - 03-04-2023

Hello for the last time ISFL community.

I, as the title says, am retiring. No, I'm not totally quitting the league, don't worry about that. I'll still be around to bother people and fart around in LRs. But I am no longer going to be a job holder in the ISFL at the close of the season.

When I joined the National Simulation Football League in August of 2019, it was a breath of fresh air for my life and helped me have more of a social life with people around the globe. I was a closer at Taco Bell at the time, and shortly thereafter moved to KFC, hence the Colonel. I've grown and matured, thanks largely in part to people who I've met in these leagues, most of which are no longer members and have moved onto other things. But I have a great appreciation for the league, and that's why I've had so many jobs for so long, because I want to give back to the community that has given so much to me. It's why I accepted the commissioner role a bit over 8 months ago.

But the time has come for me to stop prioritizing the league over real life, which is something that I have done far too often and for far too long. And so, I am retiring from Head Office effective immediately. I am also retiring from the Sim Head position effective immediately, though I will stay on as the graphics person until the end of the season so that I can step in and give assistance with the sim team if necessary.

I am very pleased to announce that my replacement for the commissioner position will in fact be returning to the post after a hiatus - @Swanty has accepted the post again, and I look forward to his leadership in the league. I am very happy he has decided to reclaim his position and look forward to the upgrades he will continue to make to the site. 

As for my replacement for Sim Head, I am excited to announce that @Air Crou has accepted the position. I have been working with him to begin the transition since the end of last season and have left extensive guides as to the processes we follow, and I fully trust him to uphold the integrity and gravity of the importance of the role.

It has been a pleasure serving the community in one way or another for the past 3.5 years and I look forward to enjoying the community from the sidelines from here on out. Who knows, maybe I'll get back into the mock draft scene.

Much love,
Laser

RE: Retirement. - RussDrivesTheBus - 03-04-2023

This is unfortunate, but a move I 100% respect and understand. Swanty will be great (again). Thank you for all you've done for the league, and being so pleasant to work with in my various jobs! Now get some damn rest, old man!

RE: Retirement. - infinitempg - 03-04-2023

<3

RE: Retirement. - negs - 03-04-2023

goatasorous rex

RE: Retirement. - zeagle1 - 03-04-2023

Much Love! It's been great working with you, now go enjoy your retirement!

RE: Retirement. - Akoustique - 03-04-2023

I didn’t get the chance to talk with you long, since I’m brand new to the league, but our few interactions gave me the impression that you were an absolutely amazing commish. The way people respected you when they spoke to you was evidence enough.

Gonna miss you, Laser. Enjoy retirement; you deserve the rest!

RE: Retirement. - Opera_Phantom - 03-04-2023

I know you probably know this already, as we have told you several times, but nevertheless, doesn't hurt to say it again, as we have a fair bunch of new users and some of the veteran ones might not know that by now.

The amount of work you have put into this league helped in making it what it is today. You are on a restricted club of maybe 8/10 users that really keep this league going. You have made an impact on so many departments that if we work the way we do right now, it's because you helped in shaping a lot of stuff.

Many of us could quit the league entirely today and we wouldn't be remembered in a couple months. That is not your case, that's for sure. Enjoy your free time.

RE: Retirement. - firstfray - 03-04-2023

Thank you for all you’ve done for the league Laser! It was a pleasure working with you in HO. Happy retirement!

RE: Retirement. - Jaywe88 - 03-04-2023

Love u Laser, enjoy getting those Ws in retirement ?

RE: Retirement. - Rradum - 03-04-2023

GOAT <3