International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Quarterback Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Quarterback Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=43997)

*DSFL Quarterback Rankings - baz - 03-02-2023

Welcome to one of my next series, I am currently in the works on making a table that will measure the impact of every DSFL player excluding bots unfortunately and how they rank in their impact on the team. The formula I am using is currently using is somewhat a work in process because I could see it changing for balancing purposes but I feel right now it has a solid grip on what is happening and the efficiency of these players. I will try and attach the stats to the bottom but if I am not able to just message me on discord and I can send you the chart. Also for any Running backs or Wide Receivers in the DSFL level currently, I have finished your charts minus special teams but I will be making a separate chart to measure efficiency on special teams because not everyone plays on that side and I feel that could make it unfair. TPE is not a factor just adding it in because its nice to see the difference in these players but do remember there is a cap of 250 TPE distributed. But with that lets get right into it! (Do not be offended this is a subjective ranking based on the formula I made)

1. Rocky Franklin III  NOR  (TPE Total: 221) Impact Score: 104.1
Rocky Franklin III takes the first spot on the rankings with the best completion percentage and the most yards. Despite having 4 turnovers in total his impact outweighs the negatives currently with 10 TDs making it a 10-4 TD to Interception ratio. What I find critical for a QB is not really yardage but your completions because if you can just throw a ball deep it doesn't always go well and we have all seen this happen even in the NFL. Rocky has a very well balanced stat line so far and will be the first to break 1000 yards and is on his way to potentially a 5000 yard season with some good games in his future. 

2. Smokin Jay  BBB (TPE Total: 548) Impact Score: 94.4 
Smokin Jay is smoking the rest of the competition and after this player scores do indeed take a dive. Well lets get into what makes Smokin Jay so great though. Smokin Jay has the best touchdown to turnover ratio looking at a 10 TD - 1 turnover stat line despite being in the bottom half of completions and only tied for third in completion percentage. I am really happy to see this success for Bondi because I said in my power rankings I see them as heavy underdogs and with a great QB like this it could be a wonderful bounce-back year for them potentially. Smokin Jay is easily on his way to a great campaign this season and if he continues his current trend this could be a MVP caliber season for this quarterback!

3. Donovan Winters III  POR (TPE Total: 540) Impact Score: 71
This is where we begin to take our first dip and look at the next group of quarterbacks which is led by Donovan Winters. Donovan Winters leads in both completions and pass attempts which is great allowing him to find himself in the middle of the pack for completion percentage. Which makes you wonder why Winters is so low. Well Winters also leads the quarterbacks in turnovers with 3 fumbles and 4 interceptions which is an immediate red flag but Winters has been making it work to an extent. Winters finds himself second in yards and third in passing touchdowns just below the two above. If Winters can improve his Touchdown to Turnover stat line he will easily be able to contest with both Smokin Jay and Rocky Franklin III.

4. Lloyd Bannings  TIJ (TPE Total: 140) Impact Score: 68.3 
Lloyd Bannings is on a mission to prove that how much TPE doesn't matter as long as you play your heart out and that he has. Bannings finds himself at the bottom of the TPE rankings among QBs just above Jake Jefferson. Bannings finds himself towards the top of important categories at the moment but not on the exact top of anything. The key stat being that he has the second highest completion percentage with 62% behind the #1 QB only. Bannings is also top 4 in completions, attempts, passing touchdowns and rushing yards. This first year quarterback looks only to improve finding himself amongst the top half in a group of veteran quarterbacks.

5. Willier Miller  LON (TPE Total: 506) Impact Score: 63.6
Willier Miller finds themself at 5th on this ranking in a pass heavy offense that has not seen a large amount of success in my opinion. Willier Miller similar to Bannings finds himself in the middle ground of a lot of stat categories like yards, completion percentage and touchdowns. Despite being over 100 yards ahead of Bannings, Miller falls to this part of the list because of being behind in touchdowns, completion percentage and rushing yards. Willier Miller can easily see a jump in this group of the quarterbacks if he becomes more consistent with completions otherwise he will tend to find himself at this middle spot.

6. Mathias Mayhem  KCC (TPE Total: 245) Impact Score: 61.8
Mathias Mayhem is very similar to Miller but is not in a very similar situation. While splitting very few snaps with Jake Jefferson, it cause Mayhem to lose some potential points that he could have had but at the end of the day he is still a very efficient passer being top 5 in passing yards and completion percentage. Something to note as well, Mayhem is one of the only two quarterbacks to have a rushing touchdown currently. One especially good stat that Mayhem has is his ability to not turn the ball over with only one interception on 93 attempts. Though something that can obviously use improvement is their passing to convert touchdowns, Mathias finds themself 8th in passing touchdowns with only 3. 

7. Painted Penguin  MIN (TPE Total: 654) Impact Score: 50.1
Despite having the most TPE among the quarterbacks, Penguin finds themself toward the bottom with one of the worst completion percentages in the league. Now does this mean Penguin is bad, no. Penguin shares snaps with Blaine Falco who will be also mentioned later on this list but with sharing snaps we can predict that we may see Penguin and Falco both down this low regardless of their individual efficiency unfortunately. Maybe if I change the formula later Penguins positioning will change but lacking in most categories leads to his position here. DESPITE, all of this I do just want to say Penguin also only has one turnover this season on 60 attempts which is not bad at all so he is doing well in my mind.

8. NCADV RAINN  DAL (TPE Total: 546) Impact Score: 49.9 
This was an interesting one to see as you would not think any sole starting quarterback would be lower than a quarterback sharing snaps but I think this is just because the Birddogs have had a rough first few games but can easily bounce back. Rainn has the third most attempts but is bottom four in completion percentage and bottom five in yards total. Despite all of this they find themself in the top half in passing touchdowns so it is not all negative. Though there are problems with turnovers with three interceptions already averaging one a game. I believe Rainn will easily improve from here and the next time I write this ranking again I expect to see them in top 5 or top 6.

9. Blaine Falco  MIN (TPE Total: 551) Impact Score: 28.5 
This is where quarterbacks start to fall due to a low usage which is not their fault but it just is a problem that occurs and we can see them easily rise once the quarterback ahead gets the call up. Blaine Falco has played pretty well despite being under used with only 39 pass attempts which is the second lowest in the league. He does have a good amount of yards for where he is at with 300+ yards and hopefully we will get to see more of Blaine Falco and we can see a deadly quarterback duo. Though Minnesota may lack a consistent quarterback, I do not know if this actually affects how they play but if we were to see one take the reigns maybe they become a better team? This is just like an observation between the league and using real world knowledge. Nonethless both options are great and it sucks to see one behind the other.

10. Jake Jefferson  KCC (TPE Total: 126) Impact Score: 6.9 nice
Anyways I am working on a way to figure out how to balance out Jake Jeffersons usage into making it so that he is more relevant to the rankings but with being underused under veteran quarterback Mathias Mayhem we will mostly be seeing Jefferson as a trick play option. Some nice things to note though is he is the only qb without a turnover and leads the league in rushing yards(among qbs) and has a rushing touchdown. I am debating adding him to the rb category just because it would be funny but I won't do that. Against all odds though I do believe he will be a great quarterback in the future as he is already showing prowess as a scrambler.

That is the analysis of the quarterbacks of the DSFL, be on the lookout for my running back breakdown this weekend! If you have any ideas on what I could add or what you would like to see just let me know.

[Image: Screenshot_2023-03-02_at_12.03.37_PM.png...height=291]

RE: DSFL Quarterback Rankings - wizard_literal - 03-02-2023

[Image: BA8sT8b.png]

RE: DSFL Quarterback Rankings - Jaywe88 - 03-02-2023

I’m always on Team Lloyd, not high enough in my opinion

RE: DSFL Quarterback Rankings - Twenty6 - 03-02-2023

Willier too high, imo. He deserves to be 11th.

RE: DSFL Quarterback Rankings - jollyjiggs - 03-02-2023

Despite having the least amount of snaps, Jake Jefferson does lead QBs in rushing yards and ties for first in TDs so that is pretty impressive!

RE: DSFL Quarterback Rankings - baz - 03-02-2023

(03-02-2023, 12:44 PM)jollyjiggs Wrote: Despite having the least amount of snaps, Jake Jefferson does lead QBs in rushing yards and ties for first in TDs so that is pretty impressive!

Yep thats why I am trying to find a way to better benefit him in the equation but still keep it relevant around passing!

(03-02-2023, 12:16 PM)Twenty6 Wrote: Willier too high, imo.  He deserves to be 11th.

I will fix that for next time sir

(03-02-2023, 12:16 PM)Jaywe88 Wrote: I’m always on Team Lloyd, not high enough in my opinion

Fair point he will be higher next time