International Simulation Football League
*S40 Ultimus Host City Bid - Los Angeles - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S40 Ultimus Host City Bid - Los Angeles (/showthread.php?tid=44022)

*S40 Ultimus Host City Bid - Los Angeles - AnUnoriginalGuy - 03-04-2023

WOOOOO my submission finally cracked the Mini streak, and it became a Mus! Thanks, kids, meant a lot. Let’s hope to keep that streak going with this season’s submission. You know how this baby goes, let’s get into it.

For Your Consideration: Los Angeles for the S40 Ultimus

Where will the Ultimus/Mini be held?
Tinseltown, La La Land, The Entertainment Capital of the World, it’s The City of Angels, baby - Los Angeles!
[Image: kAT2X3v.jpg]

Why have you chose this city?

dude, it’s LA. What else is there to be said about it? Quite possibly THE city you think of when you think of America, Los Angeles is one of the most recognizable cities in the world. From Grand Theft Auto V to 90210, Fresh Prince to Victorious, the city has become a staple of celebrity, glitz and glamour - all things the Ultimus stands for. The second-biggest city in America (and one of two US cities in the top 25 biggest cities on Earth, at 23), LA would be perfect for such an extra-large (and milestone) Ultimus such as Ultimus 40.

Not only is Los Angeles TECHNICALLY home to the Orange County Otters (who can possibly get a chance at it, the way their season is going - that’s a show for you), it’s also one of two cities (the other being New York) with two teams in all four professional major league sports - the Chargers/Rams in the NFL, the Angels/Dodgers in the MLB, Clippers/LeLakers in the NBA, and the Kings/Ducks in the NHL. Hell, they even have two MLS teams - LA Galaxy and the LAFC. Add on the fact that USC and UCLA call the city home, and you’ve got yourself a sports-loving city with fans that would immediately eat up any sport. LA has also been the home of multiple historical Super Bowls, as well as the Jimmy Kimmel College Football Classic. Shit, they’re hosting the Olympics in 2028. Who says they can’t host an Ultimus Bowl?

Superstar athletes from LA? God, where can I START? Every team in the LA area right now has at least 2 players who are immediate locks for the HOF. Rams have Aaron Donald. Chargers have Joey Bosa. Angels have Mike Trout. Dodgers have Clayton Kershaw. Lakers have LeBron. Clippers have Russell Westbrook. Ducks have Cam Fowler. Kings have Anze Kopitar. Otters have Leandre Diarra. A city like LA needs great players to boost its morale - and only the best make it to the Ultimus. It all works out.

Where will the Ultimus be held?

I mean…is there even really a better option?
[Image: k0CiYJ2.jpg]
SoFi Stadium! Home to the Chargers and Chiefs, this baby sits right at the heart of Inglewood, a hop and a skip away from Greater Los Angeles. Lemme tell you how much awesome shit this thing has - or plans to -host(ed).

HOSTED: 

• Super Bowl LVI, the most upsetting Super Bowl in recent memory (this years took that record though), where Odell Beckham won a ring. Fuck Odell Beckham.
  • 2023 CFB National Championship, the most underwhelming championship game in recent memory, where Texas Christian (and Max Duggan’s hype for the draft) fucking died.
  • The Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl, the most Jimmy Kimmel game in recent memory. Utah State beat Oregon, and we got subjected to Jimmy Kimmel. Jimmy Kimmel.
  • A four-night residency by BTS, which earned 33 million dollars - the highest-grossing concert stay in California, and the second-biggest in America.
  • Two sold-out concerts by The Weeknd, who’s, yknow, The Weeknd.

WILL HOST:
  • WrestleMania 39, the most hyped-up WrestleMania in recent memory, featuring such hits like Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes.
  • A couple matches for the 2026 World Cup
  • The opening and closing ceremonies for the 2028 Summer Olympics/Paralympics (in which we’ll take the gold home baby it’s coming home)
  • A five-night residency by TAYLOR GODDAMN SWIFT for the Eras Tour (the tour that broke Ticketmaster)

In conclusion, yeah. SoFi. History. Bringing the Ultimus there would make history.

What to do when not playing dot football?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a silly question. A better question is “What is there NOT to do in Los Angeles”? 500 dollars to the first person to answer that question. The LA Travel and Tourism board made over $23.9 billion off of tourism alone - so you can tell just how much scrumptious things there are to do. There’s tons of options, but I’ll do the daunting task of reducing it to a couple key areas:
  • Visit the landmark Santa Monica pier - or, hell, any of LA’s beautiful beaches.
  • Spend your last dollar at some of LA’s top stores, including The Grove or the world-famous Rodeo Drive.
  • Watch (or, shit, even STAR in, the way they always film stuff) a movie at the many theaters, from Dolby to TCL and anywhere in between.
  • Get caught in tourist traps, from the Hollywood Walk of Fame to LA Live - and have fun all the while.
  • Catch some music at the hundreds of stadiums and/or music venues, from the Hollywood Bowl to the LA Forum.
  • Go hike at some of LA’s most beautiful sites, from the Hollywood Sign to Griffith Park.
  •  Visit some of LA’s greatest museums, from the Petersen Automotive to the Academy and even the LA County Museum of Art. And, hell, the way the city is, you can literally stand in historical places.

There’s so much more to do in Los Angeles, but in an effort to keep this short, I won’t bore you. TLDR, Los Angeles has a bunch of fun stuff, and you can do a lot of that while you’re in town for the Ultimus.

Yeah, yeah, that’s fine, but we’re here for the main feature - what’s the logo gonna look like?

LA. When you hear that name, you think of two things - bright sun and the city itself. This logo does its best to embody that, while also hoping to bring a bit of tradition to the game itself, making it look a lot like the recent Super Bowl logos.

[Image: ckeZvlT.png]

That’s that! Thank you for reading this submission, and may the best submission win. This baby’s got a lot of competition, so best of luck to all y’all!

save mike trout 

RE: S40 Ultimus Host City Bid - Los Angeles - WildfireMicro - 03-04-2023

Good shit, I love the logo

RE: S40 Ultimus Host City Bid - Los Angeles - Akoustique - 03-04-2023

Now that’s a goddamn logo.

Biased because I live close to Los Angeles, but I loooove this bid. Fantastic job!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ea675ee5264df4236c...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: S40 Ultimus Host City Bid - Los Angeles - qWest - 03-04-2023

My man's really trying to live his username by bringing the host city back to LA lmao

Like the color choices on the logo though