International Simulation Football League
*A Glimmer of Hope? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Glimmer of Hope? (/showthread.php?tid=44111)

*A Glimmer of Hope? - Cody - 03-11-2023

I have been part of the ISFL since July 2020, almost 3 years. I have played in 16 full seasons this being the 17th. In all that time I have made the postseason once, in Season 31 with the Liberty. (I technically have made the post season twice. In S34 my corpse player Gary Goodman was traded to Chicago and did win an Ultimus there but I don't feel that counts as it was not an active player for me) So 16 seasons 1 playoff berth between the DSFL & ISFL, it's wore me down but I am still here fighting...hoping to once again taste the sweet juice of the postseason. 

Currently the Cape Town Crash sit at 7-3 As I am writing this I know I know I am cursing myself to another season of missing the postseason but I really do have hope with 6 games remaining in Season 40 and hopefully the sim Gods will bless me :praygl: 

Week 11 Arizona Outlaws at Cape Town Crash

Alright not exactly starting off with the easiest opponent. Arizona has been the class of the ASFC for the past 10 plus seasons. They're currently dominating the ASFC at 9-1 and are essentially a lock to make the playoffs as the number 1 seed. They currently have the number one defense allowing only 150 points so it's going to be tough to put up points against the Outlaws. Even with the home field advantage for Cape Town I don't see the Crash getting the win. The Crash will play it close but ultimately lose.

Final Score Prediction:
ARI 30  CTC 20

Cape Town Record: 7-4

Week 12 Cape Town Crash at Baltimore Hawks

Week 12 starts a three game streak of MUST WIN games for the Crash. The first being the Baltimore Hawks who currently sit at the bottom of the NSFC. Baltimore is a young team who is building up their roster. The Crash are visiting Baltimore but I don't think that it scares them and they get an easy victory to help their playoff push. 

Final Score Prediction:
CTC 34  BAL 13

Cape Town Record: 8-4

Week 13 Berlin Fire Salamanders at Cape Town Crash

Berlin also BerLINGERS at the bottom of the NSFC only being half a game up over Baltimore with a 3-6-1 record. After making a big trader Berlin's team has trended upwards with back to back wins in Weeks 9 & 10.  I think Cape Town is able to handle Berlin here and increase their win record and get one step closer to a postseason berth. 

Finale Score Prediction:

BER 24  CTC 27

Cape Town Record: 9-4

Week 14 Colorado Yeti at Cape Town Crash

The final stretch of the three winnable games for Cape Town and it's the most difficult of the three, that being the Colorado Yeti. As of this writing Colorado is 4-5-1 and still has a shot at the playoffs. Cape Town should be able to hold off the Yeti in a close match and essentially lock us in to the playoffs.

COL 17  CTC 20

Cape Town Record: 10-4

Week 15 Cape Town Crash at Sarasota Sailfish

The Sailfish are having a down year but they have had heartbreaking after heartbreaking loss. The Fishies are currently 4-5-1 after Week 10 but when the Crash meet them in Week 15 I wouldn't be surprised if they are an 8-9 win team. The Sarasota have been a top team in the league since their creation and I feel like they'll be pushing for the 3 seed in Week 15. The Crash got the best of Sarasota in Week 7 but I feel like this game flips in Sarasota's favor. 

CTC 21  SAR 34

Cape Town Record: 10-5

Week 16 Chicago Butchers at Cape Town Crash

A lot of people are very surprised by Chicago's run this year. The Butchers are at 8-2 after Week 10 and sit at the top of the NSFC with Yellowknife. Chicago should be able to continue their success and have 11-12 wins going into this game. This game is a complete coin flip and I think the Crash pull out the victory only because of their homefield advantage. 

CHI 16  CTC 17

Cape Town Record: 11-5

The Cape Town Crash finish with an 11-5 record which in most seasons would result in a 1 or 2 seed but the NSFC has some tough teams in Yellowknife and Chicago. I think the jubilation will be short lived and Cape Town will get bounced in the first round of the playoffs but I will still be happy that we at least made it to the big dance. 

If the team stumbles the last few weeks and misses out on the playoffs I will ping everyone in gen chat with a sad face.

RE: A Glimmer of Hope? - AnUnoriginalGuy - 03-12-2023

cody, i swear to fuck, if you jinxed us