International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days (/showthread.php?tid=44132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

(S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - dude_man - 03-12-2023

(S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S40 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, March 19th, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Scrolling through your photos, you start reminiscing of the "glory days". For this PT, describe the game that defined your player's pre-ISFL career. Whether it be a great game in high school that got your player recruited, or the time you stepped out on the field in college and led your team to an unbelievable victory, describe what solidified your player being a star that they are! 

Graphic Option: Create a graphic showing your player reminiscing of the glory days! (Be silly with it!)

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - TheHammer43 - 03-12-2023

It feels like such a long time ago when I could even think about my life before the ISFL, it really seems like it was a few months ago but it's almost been a year and I like to think back on those moments of before the ISFL and how I got here, it took a lot of hard work and determination to get to the place I am now. I wasn't always the beast linebacker I am today, I started out as a defensive lineman, and I had to fight and fight to get to where I am today, it wasn't a glorious, achievement-filled path for me either it was a lot of ups and downs and I had to stay determined, I started my ISFL career with the Dallas Birddogs, those days seem like the glory days now, it feels like it was such a long time ago but in reality, it was only two seasons ago. But I like to take a moment and look back at those simpler times and remember how much fun it was.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - UptownCord - 03-12-2023

When it comes to John Stark VIII's pre-DSFL career, one game stands out from the rest. Stark was the defensive anchor of the Manchester Central High School football team and was on his way to great individual success, but the best the team had done was a state championship loss to hated rival Bedford High School in his junior year. In his final season, Stark was determined to take his team all the way no matter what it took. After an undefeated season and breezing through the playoffs, Central was once again facing Bedford in the state championships. Aware of the moment, Stark gave a pregame speech in the locker room that teammates still fondly remember to this day. A man on a mission, Stark was a force of nature on the football field that day. He tallied twelve tackles, three sacks, and even scored a touchdown off of a punt block, leading Central High School to a 21-7 victory, securing their first state championship in decades.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - speculadora - 03-12-2023

The game that defined Detective Crashmore's pre-ISFL career was the Portland Python's 34-24 win over the Bondi Beach Buccaneers in Week 2 of the DSFL's 39th season. This game was the defining game of his career in part because he led the team in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns by catching five passes for thirty eight yards and one touchdown. The dumb, little, and devoid of talent receiver Plant Based could not keep pace with Crashmore's incredible pace, catching just four passes for twenty eight yards and one touchdown in the same game. That is not all, though. Another reason is that the useless, over-drafted, and boring receiver Penger Tolliver had just three catches for twenty five yards on eleven targets. Can you believe that? Imagine seeing eleven passes thrown your way and only managing to catch three of them. That is a 27.2% catch percentage. Pitiful. Anyway, that was the game when Crashmore found out that everyone else fuckin sucks and only he is good. Assholes.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Ajax - 03-13-2023

So there I was, beaten and battered with nothing but determination on my mind. It was a cold and windy Friday night, we were down 30 to 34 in the 4th quarter of the State Championship with 53 seconds left. We didn't have the ball but the ball had just been kicked down and out of bounds at the 2. We needed a miracle and we just got our chance at one. They tried to stay aggressive and go for the pass to seal the game. I was there in a split second. Safety. And then there were 3. 3 points to win that is. Our offense got down to the opponent's 41 with 2 seconds to go and called a timeout. With no timeouts left Ray Baker jogged onto the field. Yes, @jdc4654 Ray Baker and Lukas Van Ness were once highschool teammates. Ray needed to put it in from 58 yards out. A seemingly impossible feat. He had missed the first PAT of the game due to underestimating the wind. Now he knew how to work with the wind. 20 men settled up on the line for the last time of the game, the season, or for some, highschool football. The ball was snapped and Ray Baker kicked it with such immense force that grizzlies would not dare come his way. But it wasn't even close. But wait. Its drifting. It's drifting and drifting and drifting and… ITS GOOD. WE WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP 35 TO 34 AFTER A WALKOFF 58 YARDER BY THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND, RAY BAKER!

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Ajax - 03-13-2023

(03-12-2023, 11:52 PM)speculadora Wrote: The game that defined Detective Crashmore's pre-ISFL career was the Portland Python's 34-24 win over the Bondi Beach Buccaneers in Week 2 of the DSFL's 39th season. This game was the defining game of his career in part because he led the team in receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns by catching five passes for thirty eight yards and one touchdown. The dumb, little, and devoid of talent receiver Plant Based could not keep pace with Crashmore's incredible pace, catching just four passes for twenty eight yards and one touchdown in the same game. That is not all, though. Another reason is that the useless, over-drafted, and boring receiver Penger Tolliver had just three catches for twenty five yards on eleven targets. Can you believe that? Imagine seeing eleven passes thrown your way and only managing to catch three of them. That is a 27.2% catch percentage. Pitiful. Anyway, that was the game when Crashmore found out that everyone else fuckin sucks and only he is good. Assholes.
10/10 would read more

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Dextaria - 03-13-2023

The game that defined Beniri T'Chawama in high school was definitely the first game of his time where he got recruited by the P.E. coach as his coach saw a lot of potential in T'Chawama! Beniri was just trying out for the team at the request of his P.E. teacher and as a result he ended up doing very well in the role of an offensive lineman that he got a spot on the high school team... on the bench. From there, he got the nickname "bench warmer' as he did not see many games to start, but after the a couple injuries to the season, the football coach decided to give Beniri T'Chawama the shot on the field. T'Chawama took this opportunity and ran with it, putting up a wall against the opposition and laying down huge pancake after pancake, totally double digits by the end of the game. With such a performance, the coach continued to run with T'Chawama until his graduation and the rest is history.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Sizz - 03-13-2023

Max daydreaming about of the glory days of his youth football career. 
[Image: kd50w1V.png]

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Urq660 - 03-13-2023

As mentioned before, DJ Maclean grew up in the Scottish highlands for a good portion of his youth, so didn’t have the exposure to football (this kind, anyway) that he would have had if he had grown up across the pond. He did see it on tv and understand the basics, but he certainly couldn’t tell you the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4. Rugby was his game. He found his athleticism translated nicely, when he had moved to the US and started high school, where he picked up pads for the first time. But he initially struggled with the intricacies of the sport. Playbooks were an alien concept to him, having to know which defensive scheme they were in week to week was another. Then, all of a sudden it just clicked for him. One of his teams early road games, he got some time to sit down with his coach on the bus and really get into the defensive fundamentals. That night, he felt like he had superpowers. He knew what his teammates would be doing and how he fitted in. He put up 4 sacks that night and really arrived as an elite player on his defense.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Purpl3Spartan - 03-13-2023

Benjamin Duvernay's "glory days" before the ISFL was in college during week 12 of LSU's season against the Florida State Gators. There was no competition in this game, and yet it was the most exhilarating game of his college career. The story of the game was the rivalry between the Florida Gator wide receivers and Benjamin Duvernay as they all had publicly said that they would burn the hell out of him on their routes. They were proven wrong as each of them lined up against him. Throughout the entire game, the Florida Gators only managed 60 yards of offense scoring only a field goal. Duvernay snagged 4 interceptions, defended 9 passes, and did not allow a single reception the entire game while the LSU offence did its thing scoring 45 points. Duvernay had never had more fun in a football game than when he shut down the notorious Florida receiver corps that season.