International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days (/showthread.php?tid=44132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - sakrosankt - 03-19-2023

Well, it is hard to reminiscing about some glory days before the ISFL, if you haven't played for a college or in high school. See, King Zeus came into the league to take a break from reigning over the Olymp. It wasn't necessary for him to go to school before joining the league. When Zeus went to school, the sports of football wasn't even invented, the latest sports that was invented back then was the art of javelin throwing. Back then, team events weren't that much of a factor. They all came up way later when people searched for competition and amusement. Back then life was harder. Noone really cared how you lived your life as long as you behaved and didn't speak up against your ruler. So it was normal for Zeus to just be the unlimited ruler over the whole Greek Empire, and also the world and the other gods. The art of acting was what is most comparable to a traditional stadium nowadays. Back then, the Olympics were the biggest sporty highlight every 4 years, but gods didn't participate as they would have demolished everything.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - oilmandan - 03-19-2023

As I was looking through my old high school photo albums, I stumbled across a picture and box score from what is now known around my hometown as "The Game".

Back in my senior year of high school, my team, the St Thomas Buffalo Wings were considered one of the top teams in all of Canada. But the only team better was our cross town rivals, the Millertown Public High Gopher Holes. They beat us 21-18 in our only regular season meeting, but we managed to make it to the Provincial Finals against the very same Gopher Holes.

Things were tense as we stumbled out of the gate and trailed 13-7 at the half. While our offense showed up in spades in the 3rd quarter, they matched us step for step and led 34-28 with 65 seconds remaining in the ball game. With the ball on our own 11, things seemed bleak, but we marched to our 25 with 9 seconds left. (Clock management is not a strength at our school). With no timeouts left, our rubber arm QB launched a pass to our 31 with zeroes on the clock. It was a high pass, but I came down with it and side stepped their LB and started upfield. I zigged and I zagged, sometimes stiff arming guys that I had deked out prior on the play already. As I approached the 45, I realized I only had defenders to beat. I felt a shoulder hit my back and the ball poked free. But as I fell the ball had a life of it's own and flew about 15 yards and into enemy territory. And as if it had been covered in pig's fat, no one could get a handle on it. I lifted myself off the ground and joined the melee as the ball squirted towards the Gopher Holes' goal line. As luck would have it I found myself with an opportunity to once again grab the pigskin, this time at the opposition 16. I pounced on the ball and ran as fast as I could to the endzone, scoring the touchdown. Much to my horror though, I saw multiple yellow flags littering the field. What happened?!?!?!?!?!?

" Holding. Offense number 68. Repeat the down." My heart sunk as I heard the call. The defense accepted the penalty and we lost.. again. FML. Then I burned the picture and box score, setting my curtains ablaze and warranting a visit from the local fire department.

414 words.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - KenitohMenara - 03-19-2023

When scrolling through old photos, one image constantly comes back to Gunther when he thinks about his days before the ISFL. The day he stepped out onto the field for the Vienna Monarchs as a true freshman. By that point he had already earned the respect of the players around him and was already considered a future captain of the defence of Vienna. When the team came out to the classical music in their first game of the season, one cameraman got the perfect image of Gunther.

The image of the Ring General himself. Hands behind his back, dressed in the trench coat with two other players behind him in the same pose. It was right here at this moment that after a high school career that had made him the biggest and most sought after free agent in european school history had now come to the University of Vienna and the mood had changed. They had their leader… their general.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Z-Whiz - 03-19-2023

The glory days for Spottie O’Dopaliscious are curreny right now. He’s never played any better and he’s never won as much as he has while in the ISFL on Arizona. But that wasn’t the question. The most defining game in Spottie’s memory is when he played against @hotdog in Pop Warner. Outlaw Mode Sicko would play both sides of the ball because he thought he was good. In reality, he was a terrible WR when going up against someone’s skills at CB such as mine. He would rack up the stats against bad teams and choke against good teams. The day I played him in the championship, he had 0 catches on 0 targets. I blanketed him so much you’d think he was giving me the plays ahead of time. Anyway, that game was a slaughter, Spottie won, and Sicko lost. I believe this was also Sicko’s defining moment as he never played WR again due to the embarrassment of that one game. Now were teammates and the best tandem in the league. Very cool!

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - BWIII - 03-19-2023

Oh boy is this some kind of therapy session or something?  Anyways scrolling through some of my old photos from my time before the ISFL/DSFL I think that the one that would definitely be the most impactful would be one that wasn't from a game, at least not a real one. You see the photo is from my first ever spring game in high school when I was a freshman and just trying to make the team.  I knew I had what it takes to be an asset to the team but leading up to that game all I ever heard was stuff about my size.  Well I ended up on what was seen as the lesser squad, but I was still determined to let the coaches know I was the real deal.  I ended up torching the two best cornerbacks on the team on my way to a 187 yard performance and leaving most watching in awe.  I was given the game ball from the head coach and my dad snapped a photo of that kind of a way to give me something to always remember and a way to show how far I've come.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Thor - 03-19-2023

Before he played in the ISFL, Plant Based was almost exclusively a kick/punt returner. The highlight of his career leading up to his position in the ISFL was a game he played at the University of Oregon as a duck, where he had two big moments that led to the team winning the game. The first moment was the opening kickoff, he caught it in his own end zone but didn't quite have a full grasp on the rules, so returned it instead of touching it back, and he was glad he did as he followed his blockers all the way for a 103 yard KR TD. The second moment came at the opposite end of the game as the Ducks were down 3 with 7 seconds on the clock, receiving a punt launched from the opposing 15 yard line. Based caught it at the Ducks 35 yard line and worked some magic, taking the 7 seconds off the clock without making any progress, but he ducked and weaved around defenders to extend the play and scored a TD after the clock had expired to win the game.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - baz - 03-19-2023

It was in a high school varsity match last season it was game 7 on the season against Wake HS. It was a big game for is because Wake was such a large rival at the time and they came in undefeated. After the first quarter they had a fourteen to zero lead on us and neither side of the ball was doing well. After they scored I fielded the kick, I decided to run it out from the endzone. Defenders encroaching from every side and out of nowhere bam hit from the right. I stood standing though and kept going along. If we wanted to win this game someone needed to do something and I was not going to sit on that sideline and just twiddle my thumbs!! I managed to outrun a couple more defenders then I ran into the bulk, I could have gone around and most likely get pushed out but be safer. I decided I had to go for the kill and went straight through managing to cleave a path past the defenders and bam, it was just me and the kicker. I gave him a quick stiff arm and he was down for the count with nothing standing between me and the end my teammates went crazy. This was the turn of our best game ever.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 03-19-2023

Thinking back to my time before the ISFL, hell even before the DSFL, there is one game that sticks out to me. It was in High School, and it's something that I'll never forget. My team had just qualified for the state championship game, but I got dinged up pretty bad in the game leading up to it. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it happen. It took a lot of mental and physical toughness to get myself in the position to play. I was QB, and coming from my family heritage there's a lot of expectations. There's also a lot of assumptions that I had only gotten to that point because of my last name and family tree. That Championship game I went out there and led my team to their first Super Bowl win in a decade. I did it on barely one leg. I proved a lot to the doubters that day, but more importantly I proved something to myself. That football was my destiny and there was nothing that was going to stop me from accomplishing my goals on that field.

188 words

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - ajtigger - 03-19-2023

Booter McGavin's defining game came during his sophomore year of college during the annual Amherst and Williams rivalry game. Williams fought back from a 14-point deficit to be only behind by 1 point with 45 seconds remaining. After 3 completions the Ephs had moved the ball to the Amherst 30-yard line with just 7 seconds remaining in the game. Williams's coach decided to send Booter McGavin out on the field to kick a 47-yard field goal and win the game. However, despite a perfect snap and perfect hold, Booter shanked the kick and it sailed wide right. His team lost the game and the conference all because of his mistake. From that moment on, Booter was dedicated to improving his game. He worked tirelessly to improve his accuracy and became one of the best kickers in the country. In Booter's senior season he hit all 25 of his field goal attempts including his revenge against Amherst by going 4/4 in his career finale.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Exilizer - 03-19-2023

There was this one game in high school that really defined and established Cruella as the incredibly gifted and talented player that she is.
Granted, it came against mediocre opposition, but still it is a feat rarely achieved by a defensive player, so everyone took note when it happened and Cruella immediately rose to national attention following that game. She completed a five by five, which meant that in one single game she had five of each of the following stats. First of, she had five sacks, relentlessly going after the QB over and over again, terrorizing the offensive line all day long. Then she caused and recovered five fumbles as well, making the opponents runners look like fools. Next up she also picked off the opposing quarterback a total of 5 times in spectacular fashion and finally she did end up with a total of 5 defensive touchdowns. Such domination in a single game won her several awards & recognition.

{159 words}