International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days (/showthread.php?tid=44132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Caleb_H - 03-15-2023

Caleb Hayden's pre-ISFL career is quite interesting. He was never big into football until he got into high-school. But he decided to join the team to see what he could do out on the field. The school's team wasn't good by all means, but Caleb wanted to help them win games. A lot of the players on the team were wondering what Caleb could bring to the squad, and boy did he show it. On his first game, they were down 28-21 with about 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The opposing team was driving and Caleb's team needed a big play. They snap the ball, and Caleb is in the backfield for a sack! This could be a huge turning point for them, as it is now 3rd down and they could force a stop. The opposing team snaps the ball, the QB drops back... and Hayden is able to sack the QB! But he was also able to force a fumble, and bring it back for the tying TD! Ever since that moment, it helped Caleb reach the status he is now at.
Code:
186 words

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - JuOSu - 03-15-2023

Oh the glory days of old. I mean, obviously for a guy like Maxwell Jacob Friedman, the glory days were high school. Doesn't he just seem like the kind of guy where they peak in life in higjh school? Through sheer chance, he actually became famous as a football player and as a wrestler in real life, but man that guy excudes peaked in high school energy for sure! The best game in hgih school that I ever had, I had 15 tackles, got 3 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, with two fumbles forced and recovered and one of them I ran all the way back for a touchdown. I mean what a game! I bascally single handedly won us that game that year and no one can tell me otherwise. I guess winning the AEW championship was another glory day for MJF but we don\t talk about that in this league. I think my real glory days are still to come with this player though.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - 3lewsers - 03-15-2023

Once upon a time, there was a football player named Kahn Cussion. He wasn't always a star, in fact, he wasn't even sure he was cut out for the sport. He had a knack for running into things, and not in the way that football coaches would appreciate. He once ran straight into a goalpost during practice and knocked himself out cold.

But one day, during a game, something miraculous happened. The opposing team's quarterback threw a pass, but it was a little off target. Kahn was in the right place at the right time, and the ball hit him square in the face. Everyone in the stadium gasped in horror, but then something amazing happened. The ball bounced off his face and flew straight into his hands. He ran it all the way back for a touchdown!

From that moment on, Kahn became known as the "Face Catcher" and his career took off. He became a linebacker, and his secret weapon was his face. He would purposely position himself in the path of the ball, and let it bounce off his face into his waiting arms. It was like a magic trick, and the crowds loved it.

Despite the occasional black eye, Kahn led his team to victory after victory. He even made it to the Ultimus, where he caught the game-winning pass with his face. It was a moment for the ages, and Kahn Cussion will always be remembered as the greatest Face Catcher in football history.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - nasbase - 03-15-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - bjkman - 03-15-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Akoustique - 03-15-2023

Pre-ISFL, Kairo Knight was primarily used as a third-down conversion machine. He could be trusted in the middle of the field to bring the ball down by his college coaches, and even if his yards-per-catch wasn't nearly as high of a stat as it could have been if he had been used as a deep threat, plenty of plays still play back and forth in Knight's mind. Specifically, as a Cal Poly Mustang, one of the finest plays Knight had ever been a part of took place in the later season. 

It was a high-scoring game, and Cal Poly was in the midst of a fourth-quarter comeback. Just past midfield, with 22 seconds left, and down by four, the Mustangs needed something big to take it all home. The ball snaps, and the offensive line holds as the quarterback drops back in the pocket, scanning the field. Kairo Knight bolts through his route, and makes a quick adjustment through the middle as the defense charges in a full-on blitz. As the offensive line finally begins to break, the ball flies right ahead of Kairo Knight, and Knight managed to haul it in by his fingertips. A few steps in stride to find his balance, and he bolts down the sideline, the safeties being the only ones quick enough to stop him. A jolt towards the inside makes the secondary miss, and before Knight knew it, he'd gone 43 yards for the score and the win.

A play forever etched in the mind of Kairo Knight, he hopes to find that same success in the ISFL!

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Kyamprac - 03-15-2023

[Image: JEZcF6q.png]

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - LiathTheSquirrel - 03-16-2023

I have not joined the ISFL yet. My "glory days" have not ended yet but I'll tell you all about some of my favorite moments from my rookie season and a few other things. So before joining the DSFL I would live stream more often than I do now that I'm trying to join the ISFL. I also had more time to watch Pro wrestling as well. As for things that i have enjoyed about my Rookie season so far let’s start with the surprise of joining the Minnesota Grey Ducks Roster over what i expected to happen that being going back to the Tijuana Luchadores but i would not change where i went. This season has also been hard with my team going three and six so far in the season but we are still fighting to make the playoffs. Whatever happens at the end of the season i’ll always look back on my rookie season with fondness and joy.

161 Words

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Pib - 03-16-2023

For Notso Smart, the standout game that really put him on the map and the path to the ISFL was a game in the British leagues. Being the cousin of an ISFL linebacker automatically gives you a little more attention than most but when you’re playing in the junior “Superbowl” of the UK and walk off the field with 4 interceptions and 2 sacks, people really start to take notice.

At the time, Smart was playing for the Olympians youth team and had been dominating the league, so he was already well known at the level he was playing at. However, after putting in such a performance in the biggest game of his career to that point, Smart was suddenly being scouted by every team in the country and a few colleges in the US. Once teams had a chance to go through his game tape for the season, it really didn’t take long for the scholarship offers to start rolling in state side — where he duly picked Arizona State, as it would allow him to stay with his cousin while he studied and soak up as much knowledge as possible from the relative with 2 Ultimus and an Ultimini to his name.

Code:
203 words

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - ItsFrenchie - 03-16-2023

A shot, all Bourtol had ever wanted was a shot. When he was a a wee kid in Charleroi stepping into a new world, all he asked from his local travel team was a shot. When he got into the Charleroi Cougars football program, all he wanted was a shot. When he got on the Penn State Nittany Lions as a walk-on, all he wanted was a shot.

Bourtol had chases his shot for all his life, and patience, hard work, determination and an unwavering commitment to his craft would deliver him an opportunity like no other. It was a warm day in September when star studded DT at the time, Harvey Ramsey, would take an awkward fall early in the first quarter. Bourtol wishes nobody injury, but he was handed an opportunity to impress, which he did, pondering some Hamilton verses, I am not throwing away my shot. Coming into a Penn State squad looking to keep their unbeaten run alive, Bourtol would prove to be an absolute nightmare for the opposing QB, recording 13 tackles, 4 of them for losses and 3 sacks

From there on out, that graceful game would live on to become, the game that made him and that would launch him into professional football head first.

212 words