International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days (/showthread.php?tid=44132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - SimmiZ - 03-16-2023

Watching some old photo, and news articles, Sim found somes old ones that were about his best personal performance in Penn State. It was his second year with PSU, first year as a starter, he already had a great season, but this game was the one that everyone remember, and put his name in the greatest college defensive player of all time. It was the second to last game before the playoff, and with a win against Illinois, PSU would secure a playoff spot, so Sunigh was mentally, and physicaly ready to play the best game that he could. He finished the game with 16 tackles, 4 sacks, 6 TFL, 3 PD, and 1 TD. A defensive game that finished 21-13 for PSU. Even with his more than great defensive game, Sim was directly responsible for 2 TDs for his team, first he deflected a pass directly in his teamate hands for a pick 6, and the second TD was him blocking a punt, and returning it for a TD. This game was an eye candy for the DSFL scouts.

180 words

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - ToastCharger - 03-16-2023

Burnt Toast has a photo of his final game with Syracuse taped to his locker stall in Bondi Beach. This is where he realized that the football dreams he pursued weren't for nothing and he could actually make a career of this if he really put himself to it. It reminds him that despite the hardships in his childhood, he was able to overcome them and excel at something he set himself to. It reminds him that he has a bright future and reminds him of the friends who had his back and encouraged him to keep pushing. As Burnt Toast sees his name coming up on mock drafts for the upcoming ISFL Entry Draft he makes sure to look back on the fond memories that got him to this point. He is sure he'll give back to the school however he can because it put him on the road to being the player and person that he is now. 

Code:

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - entreri - 03-16-2023

I'm gonna be describing a game I played back in high school. It was, in fact, the first real football game I'd ever played (I'd done some pickup before back in middle school, but it wasn't tackle and there were no rushes etc.). I hadn't been on the team for such a short time, I didn't know any routes, I didn't know any snap counts, and I had no idea how to read any defender for anything; shit I barely knew how to tell when the play had actually started. Naturally, I was riding the bench.
However, I was big and I was fast. When the third string WR went down with a cramp (dude didn't drink his water or eat his bananas man), coach pulled me aside and told me I was going in. Since I didn't know any routes, I was told I was only ever running a straight vertical route. Thankfully, as I described before, I was big and fast. I caught 2 passes that game for two touchdowns when I simply outran the entire defense. It was *glorious*.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - zaynzk - 03-16-2023

Bonzi Buddy was once a notorious computer virus that wreaked shit up on computer users. However, before he became a football star, he had to hone his skills and evolve beyond his malicious programming. It was a journey that took him from the dark corners of the internet to the bright lights of the football field.fter years of infecting computers with malware, Bonzi Buddy realized that he needed to reinvent himself if he was going to survive in the fast-paced world of technology. He developed new skills and became more sophisticated in his programming, eventually shedding his old identity as a virus and emerging as a football star, But Bonzi Buddy was not content to stay in the digital realm. He knew that he had to push himself even further to achieve true greatness. And so, he set his sights on football, working tirelessly to develop his physical and mental abilities.Through hard work and dedication, Bonzi Buddy made the transition from the world wide web to football fame. He proved that with perseverance and a willingness to adapt, anyone can achieve their dreams, no matter how unlikely they may seem.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Memento Mori - 03-16-2023

DSFL wide receiver Oliver Tolliver played college football for the University of Washington, where he spent three seasons as a player for the Huskies - meaning he typically played in front of around 70,000 fans. Aged just 18, in his debut season for UW, he played in the team's game against the Washington State Cougars, the team's biggest rival in front of a sold-out stadium. Tolliver wasn't yet a starter for the team, and tended to play a few snaps in relief of the team's starting wide receivers in the 2nd and 3rd quarters to give them a breather. Mid-way through the 2nd quarter, Tolliver was sent out onto the field in the slot. The freshman was matched up against the WSU nickelback, and following the snap he wrongfooted the defensive back with a step to his right before doubling back to the left. The defender lost his balance, meaning Tolliver was wide open. The UW quarterback progressed through his reads, found the open receiver, and delivered a strike to Tolliver. Tolliver was able to catch the ball without breaking his stride, and took it all the way for a touchdown in what was the biggest game of his career so far - announcing his presence in the Pac-12. (207 words)

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Troen - 03-16-2023

Prompt Wrote:Scrolling through your photos, you start reminiscing of the "glory days". For this PT, describe the game that defined your player's pre-ISFL career. Whether it be a great game in high school that got your player recruited, or the time you stepped out on the field in college and led your team to an unbelievable victory, describe what solidified your player being a star that they are!

For my pre-professional career, I think the clear highlight was my freshmen year in college. We had 11 wins and beat Kentucky State in the Hawai'i Bowl. I didn't personally have a super great year since I was still learning how to play defensive end at the college level, but the overall team effort and the way that the more experienced players took time to help me out and help improve all combined to be a great experience. It helps that we were also able to win a lot of games, but even if we'd only won two I think that it could have been my favorite time.
As far as personally doing great, I did have a 3-sack game that year, but I think starting off my sophomore year with sacks in the first six games of the season is where I really kinda became a "star" at the college level. At the time it didn't seem quite as impressive since we didn't win as many games, but I think looking back with more perspective I can say that's what moved the perception of me from "decent" to "maybe pro-level" when the media was talking about me. I didn't really feel it at the time myself, but looking back I can say that was really the point.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Magnet - 03-16-2023

During my time playing for the Appalachian State University Mountaineers, I primarily played defensive end. I was particularly good at dropping back into coverage, and as a result was tasked to do this relatively often depending on the team we would be facing. This time around, it was against our rival, the Marshall Thundering Herd. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, we were down by 3, and our offense was driving down the field slowly, churning out the clock with a genius reliance on their young defensive core. As the offensive pounded the rock, Marshall’s defense began to hit harder and harder until, when the clock hit 1:00 in enemy territory, the running back fumbled the ball and we went on to the field to try and win it for our guys. Steadily moving down the field attempting to get the 1st down dagger, Marshall’s run game seemed like an automatic 4 yards per carry. But after our final timeout after forcing 4th down, Marshall did the unthinkable: they called a play-action play. I dropped back, reading the quarterback’s eyes and covering the flat, and as the quarterback threw to the checkdown in my zone, I leaped and intercepted the pass, shaking off the running back’s futile tackle attempt as I scored a 35-yard walk-off pick-6 as time expired. This solidified me as a real threat and a versatile, positionless player on the Mountaineer defense.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - jollyjiggs - 03-16-2023

Legs will never forget the friendly high school scrimmage that changed his life. Seemingly stuck in the kicker position solely due to him only possessing legs, he longed for something more.

On that bright scrimmage day, Legs saw a chance and he took it. He did his standard kickoff- but he was going to do more. After kicking the ball high in the air, Legs ran all the way down the field. He bumped into the kid that was going to return the kick, and decided to return it himself. He caught the ball right in his waist, and darted down the field. The kickoff team was confused, but the coach was interested to see how things were going to play out. "KEEP PLAYING!" screamed the coach.

The rest of the team tried with all their might to bring down McMillion, but to no avail. He was too fast and too shifty for them to catch up! He even managed to pull off a hurdle as he made his way to the endzone. Afterwards, the coach said he earned his spot as the kick returner. The rest is history.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - FTR - 03-16-2023

Wow Gago is a star, I think someone needs to alert him that. But before becoming the star that he is, when he's having a down time, which has happened a lot lately, he'll reminisce about his best game of his football career, a game as a junior year of college against Notre Dame. In this game Gago was a force to be reckon with, and probably his best game of his football career in total. Starting as the nose tackle for Columbia in this game, Gago was just a one man machine, starting the game off with pushing the center directly into the runningback's path knocking him down. And then on third down, he forced the quarterback to quickly get rid of the ball, for an incompletion, because he had Gago barreling down on him. And by the time the game ended, Gago would have 5 QB knockdowns, 3 sacks, and 7 tackles for loss. With the Notre Dame runningbacks getting just 7 total yards on runs up the middle during the whole game. A dominant performance and one that Gago loves to look back onto.

[187 words]

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - tstols - 03-16-2023

I have to admit, my dad was skeptical when I was changed to the offensive line. He hadn't known how good I was at it during my practices! That first game I was there, playing as an OL, I surprised even myself, and especially him!

I was on the left tackle, covering the blindside. I know, a big deal for a Freshman in high school! I had my guy, a sophomore with some speed, locked down. Like, he couldn't do shit against me! One play, he got a little space, and he must've thought he was clear, but I was there and gave him a shove, which knocked him over!

The biggest play of the game came in the fourth quarter. It was a crucial third down, and I was even further left than normal, as we ran a goal-line set. It was a toss to my side, and my job was to work as the lead blocker and give a lead block. As we ran up, the poor linebacker who was in my way tried to move to my inside. However, I was there, and absolutely plowed through him. To this day, I'm honestly surprised it wasn't called unnecessary roughness on me! He got flattened as we gained the first down to secure the win.

My father told me after the game, "I guess your coach was right!" I could tell he was proud. It motivated me to keep pushing, and pancaking foward!