International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days (/showthread.php?tid=44132)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - crash1005 - 03-17-2023

It was the last game of my sophomore year, I was considering quitting football and leaving school because I thought it wasn't for me. We were playing the eventual league champion Mulgore Longhorns. Towards the end of the fourth quarter we were leading by four and the longhorns were driving. We were coming out of the two minute warning it was second and ten the quarterback hiked the ball and before I knew it my chest was in his back and he was going down for a huge sack the Longhorns had to use a time out. Third and fourteen, we are in a three-four and I'm facing down the largest guard, tackle, and tight end in the league these guys are frothing at the mouth to get their hands on me but I can not be stopped the ball is snapped and I rush my way between the tackle and guard I'm free straight at the QB and he has no idea I'm coming and before he can even get the ball up I hit him full force and the ball is on the ground and in a half second in my arms. I'm the hero and from this point on I'm hook decided to keep playing and the rest is history.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - nickyvmlp - 03-17-2023

As Florida Man was drifting off to sleep during another boring as hell team meeting, his mind drifted back to the final game of his true freshman season at Central Florida.  A homecoming game against the South Florida Bulls, Florida Man really put himself on peoples radar as not only an explosive special teams juggernaut, but also a strong offensive player too.  On four punt returns that night, he ran two of them back to the house, and nearly got a third one, downing that one inside the South Florida 10 yard line.  He'd eventually cap off that drive himself anyway with an 8 yard touchdown on the very next play.  On offense, he had his best game to date, catching seven balls for 101 yards and that previously mentioned receiving touchdown that built the Knights' lead to 17, and sealed the game for them.

"FLORIDA, WAKE UP AND TELL ME WHAT PLAY I JUST DREW UP"

"Huh?  FB West Right Slot 372 Y Stick."

"... as you were, Florida..."

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Tesla - 03-17-2023

Affiliate PBE PT

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - toofpete - 03-17-2023

For Bruce, it was his first game playing on Kyle Field in College Station. Growing up he and his dad would always talk about the day he would finally play for the Aggies and when Bruce's parents died, his #1 goal was to put on the maroon and white of Texas A&M and play in Kyle Field. So his first moment stepping on the field in his first game as an Aggie was an emotional one. All of the hard work, dreams, and memory of his parents hit him at once and he played one of his most dominant games as a true freshman in that moment. Bruce ended the game with 4 sacks, a forced fumble, 9 tackles, and a 4 TFL. Bruce may have made a name for himself in that moment across the CFB nation, but for him it was the culmination of a dream he'd been working toward his whole life. That was the moment he knew he belonged on a football field for the rest of his life.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - Aleris - 03-17-2023

Right now is a huge time for RE #38 to be nostalgic. He had just gotten word from the DSFL that his player application had been accepted and he would be contacted by a DSFL team in a matter of days. He was stoked and couldn't wait to get started on a career. So naturally, he was laying on his sofa scrolling through his football achievements. RE #38 really peaked in high school. He grew up in Boston, MA and went to a small private school. They got dominated. All the time. Most games they never scored. But RE #38 loved football and just kept working out and playing hard. One game, in one of his schoold rare wins, he got 6 sacks. The opposing O-Line just couldn't contain him. It was one of the highlights of his career. After some photos from that night, there were a few of playing for the BCC flag football club team. Great shots as the sun set behind the mountains of Western Mass. RE #38 could still smell the fall air there. Quite literally. He was in the middle of finishing classes before a team picked him up!

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - aeonsjenni - 03-17-2023

Mary Marie's college career was riddled with disappointing losses, as her school perpetually fielded a bottom of the barrel roster year after year. No losing streak was worse, however, than her 21-game streak that lasted from the end of her sophomore year, all the way through her junior year, and finally ended half way through her senior year. It was a true streak of absolute futility, but Marie's personal performances actually improved over the course of it. During the streak, enthusiasm spread for the lovable losers, and fans would pack into the tiny stadium to watch their team consistently falter. In the later half of her junior year, a year she would win Defensive Player of the Year for her (small) conference, a game against Dundee finally went down to the wire. At the end of the fourth quarter, however, Edinburgh's quarterback threw a brutal red zone pick with Edinburgh losing by six, allowing Dundee to seal the game with a first down. They ran on first and second, with Marie making a crucial tackle to stop them short of the sticks on second down. On third down Dundee called an outside run. Marie went to make the tackle, and her teammate joined and knocked the ball loose. Marie broke out of her tackle and scooped the ball, running straight to the endzone with only thirty seconds left on the clock. A measly extra point would win the game, but the kicker missed and her hapless team went on to lose in overtime, extending the streak to 15 consecutive games.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - C9Van - 03-17-2023

PBE CW

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - shrub02 - 03-17-2023

The game that defined Reginald's pre-ISFL career also happened to be his last college game. Here's the story:

No shit there he was, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. Playing against Notre Dame. Reginald's dream come true. He and the team worked so hard to bring the program back from the brink of irrelevance. And finally, they had their chance. They found themselves tied 31-31 late in the fourth quarter. But they were on offense now and driving. Reginald takes the handoff and gets stripped. The defense returns it for a touchdown. Down 38-31 now. They get the ball back and Reginald thinks to himself, "Good. Now I can show them what I'm really made of. A screen pass is called, and Reginald takes it 78 yards to the 6-yard line with 5 seconds remaining. The head coach calls a timeout and tells the team, "Screw overtime, we're going to score this play, go for two, and win this game. Reginald, it's all on you." Reginald did score that next play. And he made a diving effort, leaping over 3 defenders, to score the two on the following play. They won. Immediately following the game, a ISFL scout came up to Reginald and told him, "You have the grit to play in the ISFL. How about a trial run in the DSFL? We can get you on the field next week." 

Code:
220 words

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - MMFLEX - 03-17-2023

Nothing says glory days more than being able to lift up a championship trophy. That's exactly what I did last season with that Kansas City Coyotes. It was a game we got super hyped for and had a lot of energy, but we all deflated after Norfolk's big kickoff return for a touchdown after we opened the scoring with a field goal. We were lucky enough to hold them to that the rest of the half, but we didn't score at all either. Until a deep bomb from Jerrith to Clint Mustache. This play was also my highlight of the entire game and is one of many reasons ISFL scouts thought I'd make a better defensive player than offensive lineman. This play was talked about weeks after as one of the worst missed calls in DSFL history. Norfolk was blitzing hard on my side and Jerrith didn't presnap check for protection to help me, so I essentially had 3 dudes to block. Piggott was coming off the edge but stunted to the inside as Moloka'i worked outside. I knew Jerrith was gonna get smacked and likely lead to a turnover so I decided to commit a foul to prevent both of them getting there. So, I dove full spread to trip Piggott and grabbed on to Moloka's pants and pulled him down. Two fouls by me on the same play, but ref didn't call it. Touchdown. Moment swing. Coyotes win.

RE: (S40) PT #4 - The Glory Days - soevil - 03-17-2023

Austin Morley was never a standout football player, or even athlete for that matter. In high school, he quit football after freshman year, then played lacrosse (not very well) his junior and senior years. Even in college, he didn't reach his athletic peak until his junior year, and even at his best, he was just good enough to be a "solid" player for the club football team at Ohio State. When remembering the "glory days", Morley thinks back to his time playing backyard football. That is when he really shined, because while he wasn't ever great when put up against *real* athletes, against his friends and the people in the neighborhood, he was an all star. Always a top pick in backyard games and the perennial MVP of the annual turkey bowl game. These are the moments that Morley looks back upon as the glory days. Back in the days when football was just a game.

152 words