International Simulation Football League
*Wizard's Orb: DSFL Predictions Week 4 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Wizard's Orb: DSFL Predictions Week 4 (/showthread.php?tid=44196)

*Wizard's Orb: DSFL Predictions Week 4 - wizard_literal - 03-17-2023

Hello fellow Sim Football Enthusiasts. Welcome to a look at the Wizard's Orb: DSFL Predictions Week 4!  There remains but just 4 regular season games left in DSFL S40, and we're barreling towards a collision with playoff spots likely to be decided by a single games difference. In the South, Portland and London sit at the top both with a healthy 6-4 record.  While in the North, Norfolk and Bondi Beach lead the pack with REDACTED close behind. Let's uhh... let's take a look at what my Orb predicted last week.  Also apologies ahead of time I've been working on a massive media project with @aeonsjenni so this article is resultantly much shorter than usual.

A Gaze Into The Past:
Previous Week Total: 11-9
Current Week: 6-6
Total: 19-17

Proceeds to Smash Orb against nearest surface.
Okay moving on let just skip ahead to Effective TPE.

Week 8:
Matchup                :  Pred  :  Result
NOR @ BBB :  BBBNOR L
REDACTED
POR @ MIN :  POR : MIN L
LON @ KCC :  KCC : KCC W
Week 9:
BBB @ DAL :  BBB : BBB W
REDCATED
MIN @ LON :  MIN : LON L
KCC @ POR :  POR : POR W
Week 10:
DAL @ NOR :  NOR :  NOR W
REDACTED
POR @ BBBBBBPOR L
MIN @ KCC :  KCC :  MIN L

Effective TPE Update:
[Image: Kpcbxo0.png]

[Image: CsUfg4B.png]

Total Effective TPE standings look to have stayed the same for each team position wise. We may see some changes in the coming weeks with a batch of new creates coming in after the Trade Deadline.  Norfolk again leads in Average ETPE prior to adjustment which has been largely reflected by their three game win streak and place on top of the North division.  However, in somewhat of a head scratcher Norfolk's adjusted average ETPE only sits at a gain of 13.77 for this week, good for fourth place.  Despite a few on the field stumbles, Bondi Beach continues to thrive leading the charts at 19.69, and London's adjusted value looks much better this week at the 2nd highest value of 18.73(previously 2nd worst at 14.91).  Finally Dallas hasn't quite been able to keep up with other teams, and it's unfortunately shown on the field as they've now lost four games in a row.

POWER RANKINGS:
1. Portland Pythons +1
2. Norfolk Seawolves +1
3. Bondi Beach Buccaneers -2
4. London Royals +2
5. Minnesota Greyducks +2
6. Dallas Birddogs -1
7. Kansas City Coyotes +0

About the only prediction I got correct last week was putting Portland at #2 in my Power Rankings.  They've now won 5 out of their last 6 games after a 1-3 start to the season.  Norfolk earns a well desrved 2nd place in the standings coming off a three game win streak.  I think it's fair to say Norfolk is by far the favorite team to win the North division.  The shattered remnants of my Orb only show that they will win out to close the regular season.  Bondi Beach and London sit respectively at places 3/4 on the merit of standings alone.  I'm giving the nod to the Buccs over London because they still have a league 2nd best offense and league best defense by ppg/ppga metrics.  Minnesota looks to be turning things around as well now duck sitting only 2 games away from a playoff spot in the South.  Finally Dallas and Kansas City rank at the bottom after a rough week 3.  That should about cover every team I think.

Pondering the Orb(Predictions):
For full transparency here these predictions are done using the following factors:
1. Current standings and statistical trends.
2. Sim testing. I did run these games in the sim using the Week 7 file, however that does not account for this weeks updates or any game planning GMs might do.  Do NOT trust the sim.
3. Effective TPE standings.
Week 11:
DAL Dallas Birddogs @ MIN Minnesota Greyducks
Birddogs 21 : Greyducks 28
Minnesota is picking up momentum while Dallas's playoff chances are almost all but over.  This should be a fun game to watch, but I expect Minnesota to take it by a single score.

REDACTED @ POR Portland Pythons
REDACTED

BBB Bondi Beach Buccaneers @ LON London Royals
Buccaneers 31 : Royals 29
You know that Smokin Jay has locked himself in the team facilities to watch tape after tripling his total interceptions for the season in weeks 8-10. Bondi Beach gets back on track after going 1-2 last week. London is a great team however, so this one should be a nail biter!

KCC Kansas City Coyotes @ NOR Norfolk Seawolves
Coyotes 20 : Seawolves 44
Nobody can compete with the might of the Seawolves right now, especially opposing Quarterbacks.  Norfolks secondary has been a standout group all season, and I don't see that changing against Kansas City.  Nevermind the last matchup between these teams that was a total fluke.

Week 12
POR Portland Pythons @ DAL Dallas Birddogs
Pythons 28 : Birddogs 23
Portland's front 7 in on a tear lead by Defensive Rookie of the Year favorite Bruce White they have a league leading 43 sacks on the season.  Dallas has a very strong rushing game, but I don't see it happening against this Portland Defense.

MIN Minnesota Greyducks @ REDACTED
REDACTED

KCC Kansas City Coyotes @ BBB Bondi Beach Buccaneers
Coyotes 21 : Buccaneers 23
The Buccaneers are sure to have this game circled on their calendar as a trap game.  Despite KCC's place in the standing they are still a very solid team, but by the numbers Bondi Beach should be able to take home the win.

NOR Norfolk Seawolves @ LON London Royals
Seawolves 28 : Royals 17
Game of the week! Norfolk is just too good for any team in the South other than Portland to give them any trouble.  London has a potent passing attack, but nobody can hold weight against the Norfolk secondary.  

Week 13
DAL Dallas Birddogs @ KCC Kansas City Coyotes
Birddogs 45 : Coyotes 35
Dallas squeaked out a 23-17 win the last time these two teams faced off.  I expect this go around to be a bit higher scoring, but Dallas still comes out on top.

REDACTED @ BBB Bondi Beach Buccaneers
REDACTED

NOR Norfolk Seawolves @ MIN Minnesota Greyducks
Seawolves 42 : Greyducks 14
Minnesota isn't out for the count yet, but Norfolk can't be stopped in their current state.

LON London Royals @ POR Portland Pythons
Royals 24 : Pythons 24
Honestly this game could go either way and without the assistance of my Orb it's hard to tell who the victor will be.  We haven't had a single tie in the DSFL all season, but this could be our first.

RE: Wizard's Orb: DSFL Predictions Week 4 - Jaywe88 - 03-17-2023

(REDACTED)

RE: Wizard's Orb: DSFL Predictions Week 4 - Weaves - 03-17-2023

(REDACTED)

RE: Wizard's Orb: DSFL Predictions Week 4 - Purpl3Spartan - 03-18-2023

(REDACTED)