International Simulation Football League
*Why They Will, Why They Won't: Colorado Yeti - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Why They Will, Why They Won't: Colorado Yeti (/showthread.php?tid=4426)

*Why They Will, Why They Won't: Colorado Yeti - TheMemeMaestro - 09-09-2017

Welcome back to “Why They Will/Why They Won’t.”. This is part three of a four part series, each looking at one team in the NSFC and why each of them will or will not win the conference this season. We could have included the ASFC in this, but everyone knows who is going to be first and last in that shit show, so where’s the fun in that?

One thing that is different about this series is that each article is being written by a member of the team, so there will be bias, and there will not be any attempt to hide it. Our writers on this series are:
@kckolbe, linebacker for the Yellowknife Wraiths (here is his article)
@iamslm22, offensive lineman for the Baltimore Hawks (here is his article)
@HalfEatenOnionBagel, offensive lineman for the Philadelphia Liberty
@TheMemeMaestro, offensive lineman for the Colorado Yeti

As you can see, @kckolbe has asked me to do write the article for the Colorado Yeti: Why they will, Why they won't. I believe the Yeti are stronger than ever and have a real chance of winning the Ultimus this year. I am a bit biased towards my own team, but here is my take on The Colorado Yeti: Why They Will, Why They Won't.

WHY THEY WILL:
Although The Colorado Yeti did not make the playoffs last season, they only barely missed out due to the tiebreaker rules. This year, I feel like they have improved more than the other 2 teams that they tied with. Last years main problem with the team was that the Offensive Line could not protect their star Quarterback Logan Noble (@Noble) or block for their improving Running Back Boss Tweed (@PigSnout). Fortunately, the Front Office was able to address this issue over the offseason. They kept their top waiver player in Antonio Sandoval (hey that's me) by selecting him with the first pick in the draft, as well as adding Ricardo Rodriguez (@Elhomi). They also added a Free agent in Shjon Finkenlarkin (@Big Country) that will help bolster the line. The Front Office really made this a key issue for the team that they were able to address over the offseason.

Speaking of Logan Noble, he is another big reason why the Yeti have a great team this year. Noble has the most TPE not just out of any Quarterback, but of any player. He will be increasing his TPE to over 500 by the end of the season. With active Offensive Lineman, there is no telling what he could do. He under performed last year, but as previously addressed, he was not well protected by his offensive line in Season 2. I believe Noble will have an amazing season behind his Offensive Line. And look at the targets he has to throw to. Kendrick Hendrix (@deadendpath27) is the top Wide Receiver in the league. Jon Ross (@JR95) is a solid 2nd option for the team. The FO also drafted Wide Receiver Jaquan Young(@jpd).I believe that the Yeti Offense will actually be good next year

Now, I will talk about the true strength of the Yeti, their defense. The defense was so strong that out of the 3 teams that tied in the NSFC last year, the Yeti had the highest Point Differential of any team despite having the lowest Points Scored. That is true dominance of the competition. The Yeti are led by a strong core of Linebackers such as Wyatt Fulton (@`incitehysteria`), Luke Teirnan (@Ltsmashie), Steven Austin (@CampinKiller), and Jonathan Saint. The defensive line looks good with the Defensive Ends Blaster Blade and Fuego Wozy taking the Outsides while BIG BOT mans(? robots?) the middle at Defensive Tackle. The secondary is still going strong. Alex Hayden and Phillipe Carter are great cornerbacks, with Carter being a former #3 pick. The Safeties round out what has a case to be made for best secondary with Quarterback turned Free Safety Tourque Lewith. At Strong Safety, they have someone who was a bit inconsistent last year in Roman Thomas, but when he was good, he was great. If you combine the improved offense of the Yeti with them retaining the Defense that was the best in the NSFC last year, The Yeti have a serious shot at making the Ultimus Cup this year.

Why They Won't
Despite the improvements made to the Yeti roster over the offseason, they still have some spots in the lineup that are concerning. Even though they improved the offensive line, it could still be a problem for the team. Having Offensive Lineman is good, Having Good Offensive Lineman is another. Ricardo Rodriguez needs to put in the work and prove himself on the Offensive Line. Antonio Sandoval had a mediocre season last year. He may have put in work, but we need to see him in action before we can be certain if he was worth trading up for.

Despite the defense being an overall very solid unit, there are holes that good teams and good players will be able to abuse. The defensive tackle position will be a strange one yet again this year as they will have BIG BOT playing at Defensive Tackle even though his natural position is Defensive End. This could lead to running backs finding holes created by the OL on BIG BOT

The Colorado Yeti have had stability issues since the beginning of the league. They are going through yet another leadership change as @TheMemeMaestro (ayy that's me again) takes the role from @PigSnout. This lack of a constant authority figure has to be damaging for a team as stability can not be formed, and a good team is built off of good foundations.

This has been "Why They Will, Why They Won't: Yeti Edition" I feel like overall the team is in a good place, but we could be on the outside looking in. It's tough when you are in a conference as good as the NSFC to compete, but the Yeti could be real contenders.

GRADED

*Why They Will, Why They Won't: Colorado Yeti - kckolbe - 09-09-2017

When I asked him to write this, he was a waiver player who may not have even been on the team by now. Since I've asked him, he's become co-GM.

*Why They Will, Why They Won't: Colorado Yeti - TheMemeMaestro - 09-09-2017

(09-09-2017, 04:41 PM)kckolbe Wrote:When I asked him to write this, he was a waiver player who may not have even been on the team by now.  Since I've asked him, he's become co-GM.
*Only Gm