International Simulation Football League
*NSFL Network - Pre-Preseason Power Ranking - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *NSFL Network - Pre-Preseason Power Ranking (/showthread.php?tid=4472)

*NSFL Network - Pre-Preseason Power Ranking - MacTonight - 09-11-2017

Hi folks

Rich Thighsen here with a NSFL Network Preseason Power Ranking, I know what you're thinking, "Thighsen, you're just there to make quips and make people not have to deal with 23 hours of Mike Mayock on Draft night." Well you're right, but through my decorated career as a Sportscaster on NSFLN, I've learnt a thing or two about football, and I'm here to present the only source of truth for Power Rankings in the NSFL Landscape. So here we go:

Pre-Preseason Power Rankings:

1. Arizona Outlaws ARI - (12 - 2)
How do you go past the two-time champion Arizona Outlaws, no serious, how do you beat these guys? I’m asking for a friend. First in points scored, first in points allowed in Season 2. That’s how you win the Ultimus. Finishing in the top half of the league in all stats for Season 2 doesn’t hurt either, with measurables like these it’s pretty hard to overlook these guys for a threepeat. Not only do they bring back their championship team, they add Pat Pancake to the mix, and in breaking news, I’ve heard there’s an APB out for Outlaws management after stealing two huge upgrades on the defensive side of the ball. Look out NSFL it could be a long year nipping at the heels of the out and out favourites.

Hot Take: Outlaws to improve their record on last year (13-1), but lose in the Ultimus.

2. Orange County Otters OCO - (8 – 6)
I like the Otters, they’re a top 3 team defensively, and once they sort out their run game, will join Arizona as a top half of the league in all statistical categories. They drafted well, Julian O’Sullivan was a need pick and it looks like they will benefit from his arrival. A healthy locker room culture will help generate improvement, and they could make some waves this season. Sharing a division with the Outlaws doesn’t help the Otters, and they must know the road to the Ultimus is through Arizona. Leroy Jenkins needs to have a big year this year (and not just cause of my fantasy team) but to put a rubber stamp on the leading back position, by improving backfield production it will help close out games and help that potent OCO D stay off the field and continue to produce at a high level. Took a gamble with JD Boom and it paid off, and the Otters will be hoping he can produce big time in the front 7. Will need to hope their talent on paper translates to the gridiron this season.

3. Baltimore Hawks BAL - (8 – 6)
You’ve got to applaud last year’s runners up. They do a lot right and I will argue they were close to taking the number 2 spot in my initial rankings. It’s hot take time (I know, I’m really working on the structure, bear with me) Scrub Kyubee is going to improve dramatically this season to even be whispered in OPOY talks, the Hawks rode Farlane into the ground last season, and saw fumble after fumble. If the Hawks can find a way to get Kyubee involved in the game in the same capacity as the NSFC Championship game, they might be able to get themselves an improved record, and a return trip to face the Outlaws in the Ultimus.

4. Yellowknife Wraiths YKW - (8 – 6)
One of the most dynamic offenses in the league the Wraiths are another team who could jump into dominance of the NSFC this season. I could watch the Wraiths attack defences every day of the week. While the team did falter in the post-season it’s hard to criticise the Wraith’s too heavily. Yellowknife set out in the draft to upgrade their defence and did just that. They will be requiring another big season from Chris Orosz to see a return to the playoffs and will be hoping he can get them over the hump.

Hot Take: Wraiths to defeat the Outlaws in the Ultimus.

5. Colorado Yeti COL - (8 – 6)
Colorado fans, it seemed like it was going to be so good. Missing the playoffs on tiebreakers, bringing in some talent in the draft, keeping the core of your playing group together. But then you go and get fleeced by Arizona for a player you could do without in Jackson and a rookie DB. I like the moxie in pulling the trigger, and I understand better than anyone that everyone likes and underdog story, but I think you may have taken it too far.

Hot Take: Yeti to finish 4th in the NSFC.

6. Philadelphia Liberty PHI - (5 – 9)
The Liberty made a great acquisition in signing AC Hackett who was a standout in Yellowknife’s defence last season. Clifford Rove is still a question mark, but with continued development he could make an impact in Philadelphia. The Liberty are looking to improve on their record this season, and statistically they don’t differ too much from the Yeti and Wraiths. Look for an increase year of production in the ground game, and the Liberty to sneak into the NSFC Playoff.

7. San Jose SaberCats SJS - (4 – 10)
The SaberCats did a great job with the draft (if we casually ignore the round 1 kicker). Yeah I get it, Blewitt is great, and when the SaberCats are punting due to an inability to convert on 3rd- and-Long situations we will be applauding his production. Jokes aside the SabreCats are heading the right direction, but coming up against the Otters and Outlaws is never healthy for the soul. They will have a chance to compete, just maybe not this year.

8. Las Vegas Legion LVL - (3 – 11)
The Legion are working hard to improve, but it seems it will be a few seasons off before they arrive on the scene as competitors. Savea can contribute in a big way, and could be a nice piece to move if the right deal came along. I’m not one for tanking, but the Legion are the closest thing I’ve seen to an Tiger II since my 2 year World of Tanks addiction came to a close. With the pressure of succeeding firmly off the Legion, it will be how they continue to develop as the main gauge of their talent.

Hot Take: Legion to trade 1st round picks in perpetuity to the Outlaws for Big Bot.

I’m looking forward to all of these hot takes and predictions taking a turn south as the Legion go all Caesar on the league. Until next time, I’m Rich Thighsen, and this was the NSFL Network.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: YEdUuFe.jpg][/div]

GRADED

*NSFL Network - Pre-Preseason Power Ranking - Archon - 09-11-2017

"Outlaws will lose to Wraiths in the Ultimus but Outlaws are #1 and Wraiths are #4"

I want to hire you as my accountant.

Seriously though, great article.

*NSFL Network - Pre-Preseason Power Ranking - MacTonight - 09-11-2017

Rich Thighsen has a degree in accounting from Trump University. His Hot Takes game is at an Ivy League level though.