International Simulation Football League
(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight (/showthread.php?tid=4476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Admin - 09-11-2017

Requirements

Written: Must include 200 words. Talk about which rookie you are excited to see play during the pre season.

Or

Graphic: Create a signature for a new rookie

Payout

Full Payout = 3 TPE

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Saturday, Sept. 16th, 11:59 PM PST

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Evok - 09-11-2017

[Image: E0hNGjS.png]

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Admin - 09-11-2017

[Image: TlROz4a.png]
@ralz9

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - PigSnout - 09-11-2017

I'm very excited to see Antonio Sandoval and Rico Rodriquez in action during the preseason. It's no secret that the Yeti's offensive line was among the worst in the league during Season 2. The Yeti have the potential to field one of the best offenses in the league with the duo of Logan Noble and Boss Tweed, but they are held back by an offensive line that makes it hard to create much flow on offense. Sandoval and Rodriquez were the Yeti's first two picks in the draft and could go a long way towards improving the line. The Yeti had Sandoval during Season 2 as a waiver player, but he gained 100 TPE over the offseason and has the potential to be much better this season. If he cements himself as an elite offensive lineman this season, the Yeti's offense could realize its full potential. Rodriquez is entering the league as a more raw prospect, but has shown great promise so far and has the potential to be an elite player in the future if he continues to develop strongly. These two rookies have the potential to become great offensive linemen, which would be a huge boon to a Yeti offense that struggled to execute last season despite its talent at skill positions. The preseason will provide the Yeti with a first look at these players and where they stand going forward.

Quote:233 Words

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - TheMemeMaestro - 09-11-2017

The most exciting rookie prospect in the most recent NSFL draft was in my opinion Antonio Sandoval. After having spent his first year as a waiver player for the Colorado Yeti, he returns to his team and now can prove himself. He had a mediocre waiver season, but now as an official rookie, he is looking to have a breakout year. He has put in a tremendous amount of work over the offseason, and is now looking to show great improvement. But another rookie that will be exciting to see, is Brice Boggs of the Yellowknife Wraiths. He is also a returning waiver player from the Wraiths, and could end up being the best player from this draft. He has a tremendous work ethic and has been working since day 1 to make himself a better player and a better LB. But now to focus on the DSFL, the top player there could be rookie WR Jaquaen Young. He is going to the DSFL, but he has the work and is a great locker room guy who could end up being a key part of a DSFL team. Those are 3 players who I am looking forward to seeing play this upcoming season.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Bzerkap - 09-11-2017

Now we lost a great leader at the TE position this season in Ricky Maddox. He was a beautiful soul, warm and caring. He took that and turn it into unrelenting rage on the defensive side of the ball. We hope he finds his peace. However, knowing that we picked up an absolute stud of a tight end in Joseph Askins! This guy blocks like @ErMurazor fucks, awkward, just so awkward. But god damn does this boy hustle his heart out there, and that's what you need at a position like tight end. You need that GRIT, that FIRE, that PASSION. Askins has that in spades. So what he may like in refinement, he more than makes up in temperament. With a little schooling this preseason from the former GOAT TE, Ricky Maddox, he'll shape up quite nicely and be that reliable safety valve in the passing game, and a FORCE blocking for Nuck and Kennedy in the passing game!

All you boys better watch out cuz he's got a hit list and he's pancaking all of you this season. Pancaking Jayce Tuck, Fuego Wozy, Blaster Blade, Dental Dam, Jonathan Saint, Harrif Ernston, Mark Ramrio, Vinny Cox, Erasmo Broadway, Dominic Verns, Ian Bavitz, Luke Luechly, Dan Miller, Adamle Tomlinson,...

You are getting yo baby powder stinking asses whooped by the new kid! Get ready!

Note: Sorry @jaskins811 I hyped you too much and used you as a way to make a joke about @ErMurazor. It'll be worth it when we win the ship this year

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - timeconsumer - 09-11-2017

There are a lot of exciting rookies to keep your eye on for season 3. On the Orange County Otters there were several big name pickups that happened in the draft. The person I have my eye on though, is rookie running back Erlich Burnsman. Lookling to recreate the Otters rushing attack of season 1 they added the dynamic speed back to be the compliment to Leroy Jenkins. As a team who believes fully in having a timeshare in the backfield they needed to replace season 2 bust free agent Vick Bowers Jr. Although Burnsman is a fresh player in almost every aspect, he has already shown a commitment to his straight line speed and has been putting in the hours on the practice field and in the weight room to get there.

It is highly likely that before half of the regular season is in the books that Erlich Burnsman will have his speed at close to 90, around equal to most other skill positions in the league. And by managing his reps through the timeshare with Leroy Jenkins the Otters can ensure that Burnsman will be fresh for his carries and have the juice necessary to break off long runs before getting gassed. Combined with the strength on the offensive line anchored by Angus Winchester and Gregor Clegane and the blocking skills of tight end George Wright opening holes we can expect Burnsman to have a solid rookie year in the NSFL.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - bovovovo - 09-11-2017

While Bork Bjornsson particularly excited about every single one of the Wraith’s rookies, especially their defensive ones, the one that Bork most excited about is fellow Scandinanvian and defensive lineman Eidur Gustavsson. Gustavsson and Bjornsson have a lot in common, including their last names! Both were born and raised in Iceland before moving to the United States for college and football, where both attended the University of Minnesota. Both play defensive lineman, and now both play for the Yellowknife Wraiths.

Last year, the Wraiths defense left a lot to be desired. Bork himself is just one player, and although Bork has a strong case for being a top 5 defensive lineman in the league, no one player can fix a team. But a few can. Bork hopes Eidur is one of those rookies that brings spark to the entire team. The two have spent a lot of time training together during the offseason, and Bork cannot wait to line up beside Eidur on the football field.

The Yellowknife fans are hopeful that Eidur will help bolster their favorite team’s defensive line, and with GOAT TE Maddox joining the defensive line, many around the league are keeping their eye on this revamped Wraiths D-Line.

@Kris

(203 words)

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - White Cornerback - 09-11-2017

Iyah Blewitt. Picked #5, the highest picked kicker in the NSFL. Our very own Roberto Aguayo. You could say I'm excited to see how he does or that I'm waiting to see how he deals with the pressure.

The Cat's reached for a kicker/punter combo player with the 5th best pick in the draft. A pick that could've been used to help their defense. After picking CB Benson Bayley, the decided to use their fifth pick on kicker Iyah Blewitt. A man whos very name screams immaturity and a foresight for failure in the NSFL.

Life is tough for kickers in the NSFL, often outcast-ed by their very own team during practice and generally only are reported in the media when they do something wrong. Being a headline act in the S3 draft will either make or break Blewitt.

For the SaberCats sake, they will hope that Blewitt can manage some game winning kicks and coffin corner punts throughout the season. While we have been very Harsh on Blewitt in this article, we do so out of tough love for the player. Punters are people too and we here at San Jose SportsCast don't want some no good poser in our special teams unit. Nut up or get nutted on Mr. Blewitt.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - ItsJustBarry - 09-11-2017

I could take the easy route and say the same thing as everyone else. I could follow suit and choose Trey Willie. I could talk about how he’s the most attractive player or how he came into S2 and showed flashes of brilliance and productivity while competing on maybe the most dynamic wide receiver roster in the league. I could go on to mention how he scored a touchdown in his first NSFL game and how that level of play is only going to improve in his actual rookie* season. I could continue to mention, like everyone else will, how he was drafted by a team that may see an immediate impact from his training and activity. Continuing on, I assume everyone will mention how he fell into the second round and now has a chip on his shoulder to outperform anyone who was drafted before him. I could also mention how he is going to play at a level far beyond his experience and time in the league. Like many others, I could talk about how he is in a skill position and by default will be more fun to watch than any lineman. I could say all this but it will be repeated enough throughout this PT and is far too easy of an answer. For me, I am excited to see Iyah Blewitt play this preseason.

229 words