International Simulation Football League
(S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories (/showthread.php?tid=45094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

(S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - dude_man - 04-16-2023

(S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S41 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, April 23rd, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: During the media portion of mini-camp, your player was asked what you did over the offseason. For this PT, describe what your player did during that time. Did you take your family to the Bahamas (or some other location)? Did you discover a new hobby? Anything to be able to describe a fun (or horrible) offseason!

Graphic Option: Create a graphic showing your player doing their favorite activity during the offseason.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SLL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories - Rusfan - 04-16-2023

Grind, grind, grind. That’s all that rang through Mandrews McHollywood’s head day after day ever since that week 16 blowout against the Austin Copperheads. To this point, Mandrews’s career has not been to this point what one would call “legendary”. Sure, he’s been slightly more than reliable over his first 4 seasons, 3 of which as New York’s number 1 receiver, and nobody would say he hasn’t worked hard to earn such a role, but “above average” was not good enough for the WFCs 2nd best wide receiver.

Now with a rookie quarterback coming up from the Minnesota Grey Ducks, a reliable target is more important now than ever, and Mandrews knows that such a responsibility falls to himself. So S41’s offseason was not made up of relaxing vacations or large dinners filled with foods an athlete couldn’t even dream of eating during the regular season. For Mandrews McHollywood, the halfway point of the offseason and the halfway point of the regular season were, by all accounts of practice and habit, indistinguishable.

(172 Words)

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories - Hydrium - 04-16-2023

Big McLarge Huge spent his offseason by the lake. Enjoying his offtime fishing and camping. Of course he made sure to keep a daily regimen of exercise and eating to stay in Big Large shape.

However he mostly passed his offseason days idly on his boat, enjoying the calm serene nature of the water by the mountains. Enjoying the passing of the time as he pondered lifes mysteries in all their splendor. One would wonder is this the pinnacle of what humanity can achieve? But alas he knew that the future still lay ahead and there was business to attend to once he returned to Orange County. As such running through the forest every morning and the occasional drill to keep him limber were most certainly in order to further his goals of becoming the best Tight End that Orange County had ever seen. To strive for greatness is no sin, to never attempt is.

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories - Frostbite - 04-16-2023

As a wide receiver, Keanu Calhoun spends his offseason engaging in a variety of activities to improve his physical fitness and football skills. This includes strength and conditioning training to build muscle and improve endurance, as well as speed and agility drills to enhance the ability to run and change direction quickly on the field. 

In addition to physical training, Calhoun spends time studying game film to analyze his performance from his college seasons and identify areas in which he can improve for the DSFL. He also worked with Dallas coaches and trainers to develop new techniques and refine existing ones.

Off the field, Calhoun engaged in community outreach and charity work, attended promotional events and appearances, and spent time with family and friends.

Overall, the offseason is a crucial time for football players like Calhoun to prepare for the upcoming season and continue to develop their skills and abilities. By engaging in a variety of physical and mental training activities, Calhoun ensures that he is in top form when it comes time to hit the field during week 1.

Go Dallas! DAL

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories - LiathTheSquirrel - 04-16-2023

Now what i did over the offseason that’s a good question to start off i got to know the Honolulu Hahalua Locker Room from the players to the management. Each person on the team is important and needed for the upcoming season so I wanted to make sure I knew everyone. When it came to players I wanted to know their strengths and weaknesses so I could help them if needed. I also started learning the teams defensive and offensive play books which is something each rookie should do when they join an ISFL Team. If you are expecting me to now talk about what incredible places i went to on a holiday over the Offseason or the fun and entertaining things i did you will be disappointed to hear that for the most part i was in the Gym or setting up my new home in Honolulu because i don’t plan on leaving the Honolulu Hahalua any time soon or may ever this place is my home and this team is my family. 

[174 words]

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories - Aleris - 04-16-2023

RE #38 had a very busy off-season as a prospect for the S41 DSFL draft. Many team interviews and workouts and then their was the Prospect Bowl. RE #38 had never been out of the country, he had never even left the state of Massachusetts. So flying to Amsterdam to train with other prospects was quiet the culture shock. But he had fun and made good friends with other his fellow Adder teammates. They all got to know each other on the long flights between Guyana and Strawberry Island (Alaska). Good thing the DSFL provides state of the art planes with gyms and other amenities on board so flight time really isn't too much of the factor during these insanely long flights. Then there was the draft and 38s big move half way across the world from Mass to Australia. But he gave himself the time to settle into Bondi Beach and is ready to report to Training Camp for the Buccaneers.

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories - Gumbaman - 04-17-2023

Terry Johnson has a very casual but normal off season. It started out with him going home to his family, which includes his wife, three-year-old son, his pet cat named Jerry, and his dog named Dixie. He spent a month simply just enjoying life, kicking back and relaxing while having fun with his kid. There was nothing better for Terry. Then it came time to actually workout for the upcoming season. He trained with his fellow teammates, which included Legs McMillion, Sticky Hands, and Ban Kicking. They were focused on how to dominate on both sides of the ball. Terry and Legs showed Sticky how to see what a LB and CB sees when she's going up the gap or cut a certain way. Sticky showed both defensive players different ways that a RB can see how a defensive player might react to what the player is doing. All in all, it was a relaxing, happy, and successful off season for Terry.

(162 words)

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Offseason Memories - TheHammer43 - 04-17-2023

As usual, I try and visit my family in Canada as much as I possibly can! It's been rough because they mean so much to me and they really enjoy living in Canada. I first moved to Dallas and that was the hardest thing I've had to do, Texas is about as far as it gets from home, I mean I could have gone to London or Tijuana but still, Dallas, Texas is still pretty far, so visiting my family was complicated, luckily I live in New York which isn't very far away from Ontario. So during the offseason, I visit and we go for little trips around my favourite places back home! Next year the plan is to bring my family to new york and show them around the city, they've never really been able to stay for long when they've come to see a silverback game, but next year I want to show them around the city and all the beautiful things it has to offer.

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - swoosh - 04-17-2023

[Image: rVYVHJp.png]

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - Sizz - 04-17-2023

"I traveled back home to Gothenburg and really tried to just enjoy some free time and take advantage of the Swedish summer. Gothenburg has a great amusement park and even though I don't have any kids, I'm still a kid at heart and love to go there. The wooden coaster they have there is one of the best in the world so I typically try and ride that a few times per visit. Then I'll go into the arcade and play some pinball for a few hours.

I also went up to my summer home outside of Strömstad which is near the Norwegian border. Strömstad is a nice little beach town and it's nice to go in to town and grab a lunch or an icecream at the icecream bar by the harbor. Mostly though, I stay at the house and hang out to relax. I like to fish and I'll typically invite some friends up there and we'll barbecue and play some board games in the evening with a few beers. The season is a grind and there's something going on every day so I go up to my house there to try and get away from it all."