International Simulation Football League
(S41) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S41) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=45130)

(S41) Late Joiner Thread - dude_man - 04-19-2023

(S41) Late Joiner TPE Thread
The Late Joiner TPE system in place to help users that create their player after Ultimus, catch up on TPE missed during the Season. How this will work is, there will be 5 prompts, 1 for each week post-Ultimus. Which will each be worth 7 TPE and you must write at least 50 words per prompt. The amount of prompts that you are allowed to complete will correspond with the week of your player's creation. This is only open for players entering the Season 42 ISFL Draft.

To get this graded, a PPT Team Member will go through and edit your post, either approving or denying it, and once that has happened, you may link it to your update thread for the appropriate amount of TPE. There is no partial TPE for a prompt, so you must reach the minimum word count to get the 7 TPE for that week.

Prompts:
- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?
- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?
- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?
- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?
- Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it
- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you

In your response, make sure to include your player page to confirm when you created your player.
Week 1: 04/03 - 04/09 - Eligible for 7 TPE (1 Prompt)
Week 2: 04/10 - 04/16 - Eligible for 14 TPE (2 Prompts)
Week 3: 04/17 - 04/23 - Eligible for 21 TPE (3 Prompts)
Week 4: 04/24 - 04/30 - Eligible for 28 TPE (4 Prompts)
Week 5: 05/01 - 05/07 - Eligible for 35 TPE (5 Prompts)

RE: (S41) Late Joiner Thread - Matteo - 04-19-2023

Player Eldroh Kove created on 04/03

Branding prompt:

Since I'm already on a DSFL team and would be biased towards Portland and their great branding, I'm only going to look at the ISFL teams for this. For one of my favourites I would have to say I'm a big fan of the Yellowknife Wraiths. Their colour scheme excellent, with the cool blue representing the cold nature of the city, and it really pops with the black. I also like the wraith logo, it's well designed and looks like a fierce logo for a sports team playing in the snow.

@Matteo  7 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S41) Late Joiner Thread - Sonny - 04-21-2023

Creation Page - Week 2: 04/10 - 04/16 - Eligible for 14 TPE (2 Prompts)

- What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

There have been a few highlights so far, such as looking into the scale and scope of the league, the history I am slowly working through, but I would have to say so far my favourite part has been building up my player and with pre-sim and now week 1 complete, seeing his performance in games.

A user that has really gone out of their way to provide support and guidance is LtHudz (Billy Jor-El) - which really appreciated as I was trying to get my head around some very basic aspects.

Sonny Johnson is a combination of two boxers from the past. 

Sonny Liston, an intimidating, much feared 50s heavyweight, gave me my players first name.

Jack Johnson, another intimidating man, for different reasons because of the period he lived in.

Both were dominate figures in their sport. Hopefully Sonny Johnson will come to reflect that in the DSFL and ISFL.

@Sonny  14 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S41) Late Joiner Thread - WALDO - 04-26-2023

created 4/24

My favorite part of the league has always been and will always be the community. The people around the league always have a wide ranging hug to bring to new members, and are almost always there for you when you need them to be. They’re very helpful and know how to make someone welcomed into what could seem like a very overwhelming experience.

- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?

Dear General Managers,

I have been in this league longer than most of you. That is not a flex, just a fact. I’ve been everything in the league, a QB, a DB, a RB, an OL, a DL, and now a TE. I have tremendous experience in both creating great teams and winning big games, with several ultiminis under my belt and an ultimus. Being here since s9 has created quite a beast in me, and I’m ready to make your team the next team on my list.

With Love,
Waldo/Bread Bowl

- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

I miss the Marshalls. As much as I love the Gray Ducks branding, and believe me, I love it so much, I miss the Marshalls. As both a HOF Marshall and a HOF Grey Duck, I was around for both teams being amazing teams, and also both teams being bad. The old Marshall branding takes superiority over the Grey Ducks, even though they have really awesome Discord channel names.

I am in my senior year of high school, and every day I take my sister to elementary school, so I have roughly an hour to kill between dropping her off and myself needing to be at school, so I go to panera bread every morning for breakfast. I usually order on the app as soon as I leave my sister's school, so I see advertisements for the bread bowl every other day. I just figured, hey why not, kinda funny, kinda dumb, like most of my recent player names.

@WALDO  28 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S41) Late Joiner Thread - electrictree - 05-04-2023

My favorite part of the league so far was the creation process and grabbing all the sweet, sweet TPE. If i could crush up the TPE and snort them, I would. I hope my player runs like he snorted TPE. Go Tijuana. WWizard has been the one helping me the most. Can honestly say i wouldn't have known about this thread without him.

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

Yes, it was. Lots of links to relevant topics which helps. I might suggest clearer schedules? Or directions to relevant links? I've had a few questions as far as what's happening and when. My player got picked up and if i wasn't on discord i'm not sure i would have known?

Dearest GM's, it's me, National Treasure. It's possible that i get arrested for stealing the declaration of independence. It's possible i steal it and don't get caught. (note for the CIA, i'm not actually planning on stealing the declaration of independence. it's just a joke) It's possible the world ends in two weeks and none of this matters. I promise nothing. But while i'm here, i will be active and do the tasks. What more do you want?

I think the Fire Salamanders or the Copperheads? Apparently i'm drawn to reptiles? That would explain my ex-wife. No, just kidding she's probably not a reptile. I like the color schemes and the names. Least favorite would be...the Otters? Maybe? Orange on orange is sort of basic? but who am i to judge, i like pumpkin spice latte's.

Yeah, absolutely. So when I was a young lad, my grandfather told me about Charles Carroll passing on a secret Knights Templar message to one of my ancestors. Then thirty years go by in a flash and suddenly i'm in the Arctic searching for a lost pirate ship. Absolutely wild. We find a few clues, get betrayed and eventually find the treasure. It's a crazy story. Sean Bean dies.

- Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you

No, this one has no meaning. Just picked a number at random. I chose 27 but i may decide to change it to a good TE number. 27 might look a bit strange on a vertical threat TE. A number in the 80's is probably better. I sort of like 85. Maybe i'll swap 27 for 85 if that's possible?

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=45289

@electrictree  35 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.

RE: (S41) Late Joiner Thread - Jimi64 - 05-12-2023

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=44909

I'm a fan of poetry, both reading and writing it on the side. The name of my current player, Eliot Bukowski, is representative of two of my favorite poets: T.S. Eliot and Charles Bukowski. They're both important to me. It's a fun combination for me as Eliot is more old school poetry (though maybe considered more recent in the grand scheme of things) and Bukowski is much more new school. I hope someone notices the name one day!

Some GM's may recognize my name, since I've been around for a bit. My last player, Pilot RedSun, was definitely a dud, but I believe I can go into this player with the right expectations for myself. I will earn slowly, but consistently, and I'll pop into locker rooms. You can count on me always being positive though, I always look on the bright side and try to cheer the team on. I may not be a star of the team on the field or the locker room, but I will still be a positive influence. I may not be the user I used to be, but I am very happy to be back. Draft me.

@Jimi64  14 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.