International Simulation Football League
*swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=45147)

Pages: 1 2

*swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - swoosh - 04-20-2023

Arguably my favorite weekend every year is NFL Draft weekend, so with that being said it may come as no surprise to all of you that I love mock drafts. Maybe more importantly however, this was a fun exercise for me to get to learn some of my fellow draft class (especially the recreates who I’m not as familiar with) and learn a little bit about the ISFL teams. So here we are - a ridiculously early mock draft that is bound to make no sense. It’s only fitting for a way too early mock draft to have an order based on a way too early Team Power Rankings. Details like team scheme, potential position changes, and relationships were not considered at all.

Disclaimer: And while I'm editing this for formatting, I realized where I was looking at for rosters does not factor in S41 draft picks that haven't been called up yet. Yikes. So as bad as this draft was before I realized that, it's now 10x worse. Enjoy?

Round 1

[Image: BERbanner.png]
1. Berlin Fire Salamanders - Blacksmith Andre, OL, Bondi Beach
Andre fills a giant need for Berlin along the offensive line. Santa-Cruz and Queen are happy men with this pick.

[Image: BALbanner.png]
2. Baltimore Hawks - Sailor Moon, RB, Norfolk
Baltimore could go a number of different directions here with needs along the OL, front 7, and secondary but select to go with speed back Moon who would be a nice complement to receiving back Money Tolliver.

[Image: SJSbanner.png]
3. San Jose SaberCats - Keanu Calhoun, WR, Dallas
Calhoun immediately comes in and starts in place of S31 Jaycee Higgins as the team’s slot WR, before moving into S33 President Camacho’s spot as WR2 when he hangs up his cleats.

[Image: NYSbanner.png]
4. New York Silverbacks - King Leonidas I, S, Kansas City
Admittedly probably a reach given what little information I do know, but remember I’m not considering potential position changes so Leonidas comes in and fills a giant need at safety next to Regina Ferraro. Not a good safety class.

[Image: oldyetibanner.png]
5. Colorado Yeti - Heiiajs D. Owidhuse, RB, Kansas City
I love this fit here for Colorado who grabs receiving back and current rookie TPE leader Owidhuse to go along with power back Ceti Pyxis.

[Image: hagb6L3.png]
6. Arizona Outlaws - Josh Patterson, QB, London
Arizona grabs its QB of the future to take over once S31 Wendell Sailor calls it quits. The Outlaws have a few options here at QB including RE #38 and Zisia Ojeisndiwoseodj, but elect to take the first non-recreate in Patterson who has impressed early.

[Image: IY7NW3K.png]
7. New Orleans Secondline - Reginald Shrubbery, RB, Minnesota
New Orleans fans should be thrilled with this pick as they fill a giant need with one of the best players available.

[Image: iVFr4uc.png]
8. Chicago Butchers - Federico Americano, LB, Norfolk
Chicago is thrilled to see Americano, the $200M man, still on the board here who comes in and fills a big need at LB.

[Image: dJKYUhw.png]
9. Yellowknife Wraiths - Octavion Speedings, WR, Dallas
Wraiths currently have only two receivers on the roster so they decide to bring in Speedings to pair with Calvin Spiff and Bernd Brot. Speedings should speed to the top and take over the #2 WR position in no time.

[Image: mtaczoq.png]
10. Austin Copperheads - Luigi Numberone, CB, Dallas
Austin could go a number of different directions here, but elect to grab the number one rookie earner in Numberone. Numberone wil remain in Dallas for another season before coming in and replacing Raffaele Tommasi as the team’s nickel CB.

[Image: SARbanner.png]
11. Sarasota Sailfish - Aleksandar Ković, LB, Kansas City
Sarasota is happy to see Ković still on the board here and instantly grabs him to pair with Fronky Fresh and Justin Cloud at LB.

[Image: CTCbanner.png]
12. Cape Town Crash - Dan Dandrews, OL, Minnesota
Like most teams, Cape Town has needs along the offensive line and elects to grab just the second non-recreate thus far in Dandrews.

[Image: OCObanner.png]
13. Orange County Otters - Aaron Jäger, WR, Portland
With just two receivers currently on the roster, Orange County grabs Jäger(meister) to pair with Thomas Robinson and Teenie Hodges.

[Image: HONbanner.png]
14. Honolulu Hahalua - Brock Lesnar, OL, Norfolk
With no offensive lineman on the roster, it seems like a good idea to grab one here.

Round 2

[Image: BERbanner.png]
1. Berlin Fire Salamanders - Hank Mardukas, TE, Minnesota
After beefing up the offensive line with the first overall pick, Berlin takes a bad, bad man in soft hands Hank. Possession TE Mardkuas pairs nicely with vertical threat Maximilian Hamilton.

[Image: BALbanner.png]
2. Baltimore Hawks - Chaos Vert, CB, Minnesota
The second Grey Duck off the board in a row, Baltimore elects to fill a need at nickel cornerback and bring some Chaos into the mix.

[Image: SJSbanner.png]
3. San Jose SaberCats - RE #38, QB, Bondi Beach
Not a need with S35 Asked Madden on the roster, but San Jose goes all Cheesehead (Rodgers/Love) on us and takes RE #38 as the QB of the future here. Good value in the second round.

[Image: NYSbanner.png]
4. New York Silverbacks - LeHarm James, K/P, Dallas
One of the top TPE earners, James slides due to positional value but comes off the board here and starts on day one over Ian Cole III.

[Image: oldyetibanner.png]
5. Colorado Yeti - Zisia Ojeisndiwoseodj, QB, Minnesota
Oh boy, Zisia Ojeisndiwoseodj and Heiiajs D. Owidhuse would be a mouthful. S32 Live Laughlove is approaching the end of his career, so it makes sense to grab a QB, especially someone who presents good value in the middle of the second round.

[Image: hagb6L3.png]
6. Arizona Outlaws - Provolone Walrus, CB, Portland
Arizona selects Provolone Walrus for his great name, but also because he would be able to eventually take over for S31 Mark Goodhead as the team’s third best CB. An already rich position gets richer for Arizona.

[Image: IY7NW3K.png]
7. New Orleans Secondline - Shucks McShuckle, OL, Minnesota
New Orleans has 3 OL on the roster, but two of them are from S31 and S32 so the Secondline decide to improve their first line with an eye on the future as well.

[Image: iVFr4uc.png]
8. Chicago Butchers - Martin Bachman, RB, London
Bachman is good value here and will be S32 Lalu Muhammad Zohri’s eventual replacement as the Butchers second running back.

[Image: dJKYUhw.png]
9. Yellowknife Wraiths - Sonny Johnson, DT, Kansas City
The Wraiths grab a fourth defensive lineman with hopes that Johnson can come in and replace Teddy Rhinoback, despite his fantastic name.

[Image: mtaczoq.png]
10. Austin Copperheads - Narl Hecklenburg, LB, Tijuana
Austin already has 4 linebackers on the roster, but two of them are S32 and S33 respectively so Hecklenburg will be able to slide right in after some more seasoning down in Tijuana.

[Image: SARbanner.png]
11. Sarasota Sailfish - Suave Cruz, TE, Tijuana
Sarasota grabs good looking Suave Cruz, a blocking tight end to go along with vertical threat Lucius Salem. I should note I had mocked Cruz at the top of the second round but then changed the pick, so Cruz slides further down than expected as I (briefly) forgot about my teammate.

[Image: CTCbanner.png]
12. Cape Town Crash - Wing Wang, K/P, Tijuana
The third Luchadore off the board in a row. Cape Town fills a BIG need with BIG Wing Wang.

[Image: OCObanner.png]
13. Orange County Otters - Dino Nuggets, CB, Tijuana
Four in a row! And hey, it’s me! Orange County grabs Dino Nuggets who plugs right in as a day one starter at nickel cornerback alongside Ace McAlister and Jamdrian LeBayers.

[Image: HONbanner.png]
14. Honolulu Hahalua - Ace Anderson, RB, Dallas
The Hahalua are happy to see Paul Blart on the board here, with hopes that he will push Henry Oswald-Newman for playing time after some seasoning in the DSFL.

Hopefully none of you traded your first two picks because I didn't look at that either. Remember this was more of a needs draft, so you’ll have some guys in weird spots. This is not where I would personally value you, not that I’m at a point where I have a good sense of that anyway. Hope you enjoy as this was a lot of fun to create. First of hopefully many.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - WildfireMicro - 04-20-2023

I would be over the Moon

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - Aleris - 04-20-2023

I'm not mad I got mocked behind @Tylertokesome04. Not me. Not mad.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - Chicken Lips - 04-20-2023

My soft hands and Berlin would be a menace in the isfl.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - Baron1898 - 04-20-2023

I like the implication that Arizona missed the playoffs

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - Martin.Bachman - 04-20-2023

(04-20-2023, 06:25 PM)Aleris Wrote: I'm not mad I got mocked behind @Tylertokesome04. Not me. Not mad.
That's good. You wouldn't want the smoke from the Toke.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - Raven - 04-21-2023

(04-20-2023, 08:28 PM)Baron1898 Wrote: I like the implication that Arizona missed the playoffs

I like the implication we're winning the Ultimus this year HON

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - CeeKay - 04-21-2023

Quote:Speedings should speed to the top and take over the #2 WR position in no time.
Facts i would!

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - Tylertokesome04 - 04-21-2023

(04-20-2023, 06:25 PM)Aleris Wrote: I'm not mad I got mocked behind @Tylertokesome04. Not me. Not mad.
I think once your build get's its footing you're gonna be dangerous. I'll take 6th overall to the Outlaws, add a little Red to my Black and Gold uniform, love that.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft - shrub02 - 04-21-2023

(04-21-2023, 09:28 AM)Tylertokesome04 Wrote:
I think once your build get's its footing you're gonna be dangerous. I'll take 6th overall to the Outlaws, add a little Red to my Black and Gold uniform, love that.

No you're a towel