International Simulation Football League
*S41 Ultimus Host City Bid - Bangkok, Thailand - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S41 Ultimus Host City Bid - Bangkok, Thailand (/showthread.php?tid=45160)

*S41 Ultimus Host City Bid - Bangkok, Thailand - AnUnoriginalGuy - 04-21-2023

alright so here’s some news i found out: LA hosted an ultimus. wish i knew that beforehand. whoopsies!

anyway, I present to you a submission i’m sure NO ONE has done so far. hopefully.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: Bangkok for the Season 41 Ultimus

Where will the Ultimus/Mini be held?

Asia’s own City of Angels, the Hidden Jewel, the Home of Gods Incarnate - c’mon, y’all already know, it’s Bangkok, baby!

[Image: DKykAh7.jpg]

Why have you chosen this city?

Happy (early) AAPI Month, gang. While looking at qWest’s map of former host cities, I came across something: only five cities in the Asian region (Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore, Tokyo and Manila) have hosted any playoff game since the beginning of the host-vetting process. The submission for Bangkok hopes to increase that number, as an Ultimus here could hopefully lead to more Asian cities like Taipei, Mumbai or Kyoto eventually getting some love.

Plus, it makes SO much sense for Bangkok to be a host city. For one, it’s both the capital and the largest city of Thailand, meaning it can help put the country back into the national spotlight as THE hot tourist destination it has been for…well, nearly a while. In several rankings by tourist boards, Bangkok consistently placed within the top 10 most-visited cities by tourists. And it makes sense as to why. I won’t spoil any reasons in this section (scroll down to the “what to do when not watching” paragraph for that part), but the fact of the matter remains - Bangkok, already a tourist destination, would immediately embrace the awe and excitement that comes from the massive Ultimus crowds.

Sporting in Thailand? Look no further than the second word in Muay Thai. Yeah, THAT Muay Thai, which is second nature in MMA to guys like Anderson and Wanderlei Silva, Jose Aldo and Rafael Cordiero, found it’s roots in Thailand. Shocker. Other sports that Thailand excels at include association football, volleyball, and ice hockey. Thailand also gave birth to some amazing athletes, including Olympic medalists, such as weightlifter Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarakoon (gold, Beijing) and boxer Kaeo Pongprayoon (silver, London). Thailand loves its sports, and an introduction of American Football can help bring a new sport for them to fawn over.

Where will the Ultimus be held?

Go big or go home.

[Image: UZK0KxD.jpg]
The national stadium of Thailand, Rajamangala Stadium is home to the Thai national football team - and, if the cards play right, the Season 41 Ultimus. The Raj has hosted several international tournaments, such as several iterations of the ASEAN Football Federation Tournament and the Asian Football Conference  U-17 Cup. Seating about 50K, the stadium would have plenty of room for fans of any ISFL team, or spectators who just want to watch the greatest game. 

Whatsoever shall I do if I don’t want to watch dot football?

Remember when I said earlier that Bangkok was one of the most visited cities in the world? It has every reason to be. Here’s just a couple.

- Visit some of the numerous, yet beautiful temples that dot the city, from the Temple of the Emerald Buddha to the Temple of Dawn
- Tour the grand, ornate palaces around the city, including the grandest palace of them all - the Grand Palace.
- Shop until you drop in Bangkok’s numerous shops, from hole-in-the-wall markets to massive megamalls.
- Get lost in the city’s numerous neighborhoods, where you have no idea what to expect.

Is this all you can do? No, but it’s just a taste of what you can expect to get from the city.

What will the logo look like?

The Giant Swing is a landmark built for festivals in honor of an ancient Hindu tale. In this tale, the god Shiva was sent to check on the Earth, and the spirits who were protecting the Earth rejoiced when he arrived to see it intact. Like Shiva, the ISFL hopefully has the same power of having people rejoice at its presence. This logo was designed to honor the landmark and the story behind it, with the colors of the Thai flag (red, blue and white) prevalent, as well as yellow, signifying victory.
[Image: jVKFctF.png]
Of course, this isn’t final - I’ll work with the creators, if chosen, to create a better logo.

Thats my submission! Good luck to all candidates, and ขอให้ผู้ชายที่ดีที่สุดชนะ.