International Simulation Football League
*True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ (/showthread.php?tid=45211)

*True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - TheRake - 04-25-2023

Hello and welcome to the TheRake's True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ (PAGING: Awards Committee!). If you haven't listened to the most recent episode of the Pumpin’ Hands Podcast, which, let’s be honest, you should have already, but if you haven’t see here, @toofpete and I discussed the fact that ANY player in their first season in the ISFL is considered a rookie, no matter how long they spent in the DSFL accruing TPE. This puts True Rookies™, which I’ll define as ‘any player who is playing in the ISFL in their first eligible season,’ at a BIG disadvantage in any sort of Rookie Awards race. Due to this discrepancy, I wanted to start tracking the progress of True Rookies™ and comparing them against each other so we can get a sense of how good they are when compared to their peers. I included fantasy points in order to compare them in an easy way but at the end of the year when I hand out the True Rookie™ Awards™ I plan on including more context like team reception/rush %, team yards %, etc. since no two situations are alike. For this first article, I just want to show who the True Rookies™ are in the ISFL and update how they’re doing through 5 weeks of games.

CAVEATS: I debated with myself about including QBs because they will never be a True Rookies™ in the ISFL given the dynamics of the league but after conferring with Toof, I decided to exclude them from the True Rookie™ Tracker™. Also excluded are Kickers/Punters, no explanation needed but shout out Ray Baker (@jdc4654), keep fighting that good fight!

OFFENSE
There are only 7 True Rookies™ league wide on offense in the ISFL this season.

[Image: 343289361_2495288810622311_5477503053774...e=646F861B]

As we can see, OL Great Khali (@crazylemire) is not only leading in Total Fantasy Points, but also is in the 64th percentile in Fantasy Point Percentile Position Rank (F3PR). In second place, we have TE Otto the Orange (@Greenbaynathan) is in the very respectable 47th percentile in F3PR, almost a TE1 for fantasy! For the rest of the True Rookies™, we can see that it's very hard to contribute year 1 at WR and RB without a big tank of TPE to boost your player with before entering the ISFL.

DEFENSE
There are over twice as many True Rookies™ on Defense in the ISFL as there are on Offense, clocking in at 16 players broken down as follows:
DE: 1 (Bruce White)
DT: 4
LB: 6
CB: 4
S: 1 (Rico Savage)

[Image: 341532580_998360398239958_64427671733848...e=646F60F9]

Both LB John Stark VIII (@UptownCord) and LB Craig Brand (@ElMerchanto) are dominating in Total Fantasy points among True Rookies™ on defense but the data tells a different story when we sort by F3PR:
[Image: 341572323_578938500916756_72182068794681...e=646F693C]

Even though Bruce White has less than half the points of the LBs above, he's actually a DE1 in fantasy points among ALL Defensive Ends, not just rookies, in the ISFL! Bruce has carried over his dominant DSFL performance into the ISFL against all odds!

TL;DR/Summary
True Rookies™ deserve special recognition when they perform against other 'rookies' who had more than 1 DSFL season to accumulate TPE. As it stands given the above, the early Offensive True Rookies™ of the Year leader is OL Great Khali followed by TE Otto The Orange based on Fantasy Point Percentile Position Rank. On the opposite side of the ball, it's currently a three way race for Defensive True Rookies™ of the Year between DE Bruce White, LB John Stark VII, and LB Craig Brand. There's still PLENTY of games left for these awards to shake out. I may or may not update after Week 10 to see where we're at but I will definitely do an End of Year Award media piece but until then, keep an eye out for True Rookies™ of the ISFL™ each time you're watching a game!

RE: True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - Aleris - 04-25-2023

This is QB and Kicker erasure Sad

RE: True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - TheRake - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 12:55 PM)Aleris Wrote: This is QB and Kicker erasure Sad

You knew what you signed up for!

RE: True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - Ajax - 04-25-2023

very nice

RE: True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - Weaves - 04-25-2023

2nd percentile rise up

RE: True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - TheRake - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 03:53 PM)Weaves Wrote: 2nd percentile rise up

It's tough playing out of position! That will be some of the "context" for end of season considerations.

RE: True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - crazylemire - 04-25-2023

KHALI for ROTY

RE: True Rookie™ of the Year Tracker™ - wizard_literal - 04-26-2023

Spectacular work I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.