International Simulation Football League
*swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=45212)

Pages: 1 2

*swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - swoosh - 04-25-2023

The last (way too early) S42 ISFL Mock Draft was just five days ago, but an updated one felt needed after some shortcomings last time. While still likely to be laughable mock draft, there should be serval improvements to this version:
  • I did not factor in players ISFL teams had that were still in the DSFL last time.
  • Trades were not considered last time so teams where mocked picks they don't have. 
  • Draft order should be (slightly) more realistic being there are more games played, but there’s a lot of football to be played so still expect tons of movement here. I’ll still being going off the Team Power Rankings.
  • Thanks to @wizard_literal, player pipeline is now being considered (chart below). Maybe a little too much in some situations, but it was fun to incorporate this aspect.
[Image: image.png]

It's important to call out there are several things that were not considered in this version:
  • Existing team/agent relationships that may be present, even the ones that may be blatantly obvious to the rest of you.
  • Potential position changes, although I did make an attempt to move this a little more towards a BPA mock draft as opposed to team needs. Still, you will probably still a few top prospects fall because team needs didn’t match up. In reality, the better player will be picked if they're willing to switch positions. 
  • Team schemes (i.e. 3-4 vs 4-3 defense).

Needless to say, this should be an improved but still terrible mock draft. Enjoy. 

First Round

[Image: NYS_thumb.png]
1. New York Silverbacks - Reginald Shrubbery, RB, Minnesota Grey Ducks
With needs all over, the Silverbacks elect to go BPA and welcome prospect TPE leader (189) to the concrete jungle.

[Image: NOLA_thumb.png]
2. New Orleans Secondline - Heiiajs D. Owidhuse, RB, Kansas City Coyotes
After a flurry of trades, New Orleans currently sits with four first first round picks. With needs all over, they also go BPA on their board and grab Owidhuse who sits behind only Shrubbery in TPE for prospects with 188.

[Image: BER_thumb.png]
3. Berlin Fire Salamanders - Blacksmith Andre, OL, Bondi Beach Buccaneers
In my last mock, Berlin took Andre #1 and they still land him at #3 here. Andre fills a big need for the Salamanders.

4. New Orleans Secondline (f/ Baltimore Hawks) - Federico Americano, LB, Norfolk SeaWolves
New Orleans decides to break away from its pipeline here and grab the best defender on their board who happens to be the highest defensive prospect TPE earner with 181. Linebacker is not a huge need for the Secondline, but they’re just trying to inject the team with talent at this point.

5. New Orleans Secondline (f/ Arizona Outlaws) - Keanu Calhoun, WR, Dallas Birddogs
For their second pick in a row, New Orleans once again breaks away from its pipeline to grab another offensive playmaker to go along with Owidhuse. Calhoun should be able to come in early and challenge for WR3, but more so than anything the Secondline are just trying to bring in good players to change the culture.

[Image: SAR_thumb.png]
6. Sarasota Sailfish - Aaron Jäger, WR, Portland Pythons
This pick could easily be Octavion Speedings who some consider the better WR prospect with more TPE, but Sarasota stays true to the Portland pipeline and grabs the first non-recreate rookie in Jäger. Jäger, who has the most TPE of any non-recreate (172), offers the Sailfish an upgrade at WR where S31 Nick Kaaepercolin Jr. is WR2 with only 484 TE.

[Image: COL_thumb.png]
7. Colorado Yeti - Octavion Speedings, WR, Dallas Birddogs
This pick for the Yeti checks all the boxes: Speedings is arguably BPA with 183 TPE, fills a big need at WR, and is from the Dallas pipeline.

8. New Orleans Secondline (f/ Cape Town Crash) - Hank Mardukas, TE, Minnesota Grey Ducks
After avoiding the pipeline the last two picks, New Orleans goes back to the well and grabs Mardukas here with its last of four first round picks. Mardukas should slide right in and start over S36 Turt Golum (305 TPE) in no time.

[Image: CHI_thumb.png]
9. Chicago Butchers - Sailor Moon, RB, Norfolk SeaWolves
After going #1 in my last mock draft, Moon slides a little here but the Butchers are happy to see it. S32 Lalu Muhammad Zohri could be upgraded at RB2 and Moon, who is from the Norfolk pipeline, figures to be just that guy.

[Image: LT87xeC.png]
10. Austin Copperheads - Dan Dandrews, OL, Minnesota Grey Ducks
This pick could have gone in a number of different directions, but the Copperheads ultimately decide to beef up the offensive line with Dandrews.

[Image: SJS_thumb.png]
11. San Jose SaberCats - Aleksandar Ković, LB, Kansas City Coyotes
While not a true need with 5 LB’s already on the roster, SaberCats decide they can’t pass up on Ković here with perhaps some position movement in play.

[Image: OCO_thumb.png]
12. Orange County Otters - Robert Rossi, CB, Norfolk SeaWolves
The biggest mover since my last mock, Rossi goes from not being drafted in the first two rounds to a first round pick at #12. Orange County has a big hole at CB with only two cornerbacks on the roster. There’s a tough choice here to be made with a few solid options at that position, but ultimately the Otters stick with the Norfolk pipeline.

[Image: YKW_thumb.png]
13. Yellowknife Wraiths - Brock Lesnar, OL, Norfolk SeaWolves
Yellowknife elects to upgrade the offensive lineman with Lesnar, who played for a team they’re familiar with.

[Image: HON_thumb.png]
14. Honolulu Hahalua - King Leonidas I, S, Kansas City Coyotes
The rich get richer on defense - an already loaded defense could perhaps use an upgrade at safety and that's where Leonidas I comes into play. It’s a weak safety class, so the Hahalua are happy to see him still on the board. It doesn’t hurt that it’s a pipeline pick as well.

Second Round

1. San Jose Sabercats (f/ New York Silverbacks) - Josh Patterson, QB, London Royals
San Jose does not have a lot of needs, so they elect to throw a curveball and take Patterson off the board. Needs not matching up is the only reason Patterson falls to the second round. Perhaps he switches position for the Sabercats, or maybe he’s just waiting in the wings as the QB of the future. With current starter Owen Farrell only being in S35, that wait is perhaps a long way away. Regardless, Patterson is too good to pass up here.

2. New Orleans Secondline - RE #38, QB, Bondi Beach Buccaneers
The quarterback run begins. After grabbing a RB, WR, TE, (and LB) in round one, why not take your QB of the future to throw into the mix? RE #38 is from the Bondi Beach pipeline and is someone the Secondline should be very happy to see still available. It could just as easily been him being the first QB off the board.

3. Austin Copperheads (f/ Berlin Fire Salamanders) - LeHarm James, K/P, Dallas Birddogs
The Copperheads could stand to upgrade S39 K/P Charlie Brown (237 TPE), so when one of the top prospect earners in James (171 TPE) is still on the board in the second round they snatch him up.

BAL
4. Baltimore Hawks - Dino Nuggets, CB, Tijuana Luchadores
Baltimore is OTC for the first time this draft after trading away their first round pick to New Orleans. With only two cornerbacks on the roster, they decide to grab Dino Nuggets (reeeaaaach!!!) here who comes from the Tijuana pipeline.

5. New Orleans Secondline (f/ Arizona Outlaws) - Luigi Numberone, CB, Dallas Birddogs
To recap, New Orleans has added a QB, RB, WR, TE, and LB so far. With their 6th pick in the first 20 picks of the draft, the Secondline decide it needs to add more defensive players and grabs Numberone. While cornerback isn’t a need for them, perhaps a switch to safety could be in the works.

[Image: SAR_thumb.png]
6. Sarasota Sailfish - Martin Bachman, RB, London Royals
The Sailfish have S41 Eilliot Berry (226 TPE) at RB2, but elect to give him some friendly competition and bring in Bachman. Ace Anderson could also be the pick here, but Sarasota stays truthful to the London pipeline.

[Image: COL_thumb.png]
7. Colorado Yeti - Ace Anderson, RB, Dallas Birddogs
While not a need for Colorado, Anderson (170 TPE) is simply too good of value to pass up here. He has the Dallas connection and perhaps another position switch is on the table here. Anderson has already showed the willingness to do so in the past.

8. Orange County Otters (f/ Cape Town Crash) - Wing Wang, K/P, Tijuana Luchadores
S36 K/P Jeremy Crouse Jr. (271 TPE) could stand to be upgraded and there’s no better man for the job than big Wing Wang.

[Image: CHI_thumb.png]
9. Chicago Butchers - Honey Humphries, S, Tijuana Luchadores
The Butchers have four safeties on the roster, but two of those are sitting in the DSFL and a third is S30 Dee Wait (472 TPE). Humphries is moving up the draft board after not being selected in the first two rounds of my first mock.

10. Austin Copperheads - Zisia Ojeisndiwoseodj, QB, Minnesota Grey Ducks
The third and final QB prospect is off the board here. After going OL and K/P with their first two picks, Austin decides to go for a more premium position and takes a shot on a potential QB of the future in Ojeisndiwoseodj. The Copperheads have S35 Queen Elizabeth II (1,288 TPE) there already, but want to get ahead of the game and see Ojeisndiwoseodj as good value here. He comes from the Minnesota pipeline so Austin should be familiar with him.

11. San Jose SaberCats - Chaos Vert, CB, Minnesota Grey Ducks
San Jose has three cornerbacks on the roster, but S36 Graham Harper (410 TPE) could use some competition. Enter Vert to create some Chaos at the position.

12. Orange County Otters - Stetson David, WR, Norfolk SeaWolves
Orange County only has two wide receivers on the roster, so it makes sense to add one here after not doing so with their previous two picks. Draft riser David should fill in nicely. It’s an added bonus that he comes from the Norfolk pipeline.

[Image: YKW_thumb.png]
13. Yellowknife Wraiths - Eldroh Kove, RB, Portland Pythons
The Wraiths have two stud S35 running backs, but another draft riser in Kove from the Portland pipeline catches their attention. Yellowknife has an eye for the future with this selection.

[Image: HON_thumb.png]
14. Honolulu Hahalua - Suave Cruz, TE, Tijuana Luchadores
Hahalua already have two tight ends on their roster, but one of them is S33 Molki Koivu who Cruz figures to replace. Cruz is tremendous value with the last pick of the second round.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - Chicken Lips - 04-25-2023

Hank approves. I could spend many a season on Bourbon Street.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - Tylertokesome04 - 04-25-2023

I somehow didn't end up in Nola... Love reading these!

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - Frostbite - 04-25-2023

Nola drafts many

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - Jacky - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 05:59 PM)Tylertokesome04 Wrote: I somehow didn't end up in Nola... Love reading these!
That's what I'm saying

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - swoosh - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 05:59 PM)Tylertokesome04 Wrote: I somehow didn't end up in Nola... Love
You hear that, Nola?

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - Tylertokesome04 - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 06:32 PM)swoosh Wrote:
(04-25-2023, 05:59 PM)Tylertokesome04 Wrote: I somehow didn't end up in Nola... Love
You hear that, Nola?
I've been misquoted!!!

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - oilmandan - 04-25-2023

Interesting read. Curious to see if Stetson can gain ground on the other WRs and where he ends up

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - Muford - 04-25-2023

Is this because I missed week 5 predictions? Pain.

RE: swoosh's Way Too Early S42 ISFL Mock Draft v2.0 - swoosh - 04-25-2023

(04-25-2023, 06:57 PM)Muford Wrote: Is this because I missed week 5 predictions? Pain.
You thought I was playing.