International Simulation Football League
*FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=45229)

Pages: 1 2

*FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - RussDrivesTheBus - 04-27-2023

We did it again! Last year's mock draft project was a strong proof of concept and this year we came back and I think ended up with an even better result! Thank you to everyone who joined in on this massive effort. As you can imagine, the logistics of something like this can be a nightmare to put together, but this group of GMs and WR volunteers were so easy to work with. 32 GMs and 29 War Room members from all across the ISFL came together to get this 7-round behemoth completed with a couple months of research and just over 3 weeks of drafting. The first pick was made on March 31st and the last was made at 11:59 pm on April 23rd! Huge shout out goes to @Painted for helping me setup all the sheets and get formulas and formatting throughout the process. He knows how much I value his help, but I hope the other GMs know that this project would not happen without him. 

Here is some context/rules we used to govern this mock draft:

- The goal of this project and the resulting draft was to familiarize ourselves with our own favorite teams, or even a team we don't support, at a much deeper level and then take a deeper look at college prospects ahead of the real NFL draft. Get to know your depth charts and offensive/defensive schemes, coaching changes, pay attention to FA transactions and trades. Overall, gain a deeper appreciation for the team you're working with and the draft class at large. Then combine all of that to help towards the ultimate goal of trying to create a realistic mock overall and for each individual team. 
 - Trades were allowed but only picks (no players), and they had to be this class or 2024 only. I chose to not include players in trades because frankly that is too easy to abuse and things can get unrealistic very quickly. 
 - For the first time in 2 drafts, we did have to skip a pick for exceeding the 8-hour pick clock. The Jets were skipped at pick 207 and given Dontayvion Wicks - WR from Virigina as that was the highest-ranked player remaining on the big board that was posted with our draft sheet. 
 - I also made a mistake in this year's draft. Pick 171 was traded from the Rams to the Bears. However, I didn't mark it clearly in the sheet, so the Rams selected RB - Kenny McIntosh from Georgia at 171. This mistake wasn't caught until about 20 picks later. After speaking with both teams, the remedy we settled on was to allow the Bears to make a selection as soon as we caught it and replaced the Kenny McIntosh pick. Kenny was then removed from the draft pool, as there were 20 other opportunities for him to be selected and that would have changed the course of the rest of the draft. I apologize again to those GMs for the mishap. 
 - One of the major reasons I had for putting this together last year was to get older and newer ISFL users involved and interacting in order to build a stronger league. We've had a good mi of old and new heads this year and it was fun to see everyone interact. Hopefully next year we can add even more new people! 
 - Last note is that there was a writing component expected of GMs. I asked everyone to give a detailed writeup to explain each of their picks. Why do they fit their scheme? Why were they better than other players at that position group? Why did they select that position over another at that certain selection? Everyone can put together a mock draft, but I want to create a mock that has lots of thought an analysis backing the decisions being made.

Okay, okay! Enough with the chit chat, let's get to the show!!  

List of GMs:
Bills: @JKortesi81
Patriots: @firstfray
Dolphins: @MobiausGrander
Jets: @"Big W"
Chiefs: @TheCC
Raiders: @Luciddreams702
Chargers: @Michiganonymous
Broncos: @domffl
Bengals: @Seb
Steelers: @"Laser"
Browns: @LtHudz
Ravens: @Painted
Titans: @Greenbaynathan
Colts: @Fronk
Texans: @woelkers
Jaguars: @Repgnar
Cowboys: @SomeSay...
Eagles: @TubbyTim69
Commanders: @zaynzk
Giants: @negs
Rams: @ZootTX
Cardinals: @Asked Madden
49ers: @deadlunatic
Seahawks: @RussDrivesTheBus
Packers: @TheNC206
Vikings: @Kotasa
Bears: @Oles
Lions: @TheSparkyDee
Buccaneers: @Kyle
Saints: @Dewalt27
Falcons: @Mooty99
Panthers: @ddrector

War Room Members:
@Fordhammer
@abh89
@Thiath
@jeffie43
@Crodyman
@titanfan34
@IceBear32
@lordcoolcats
@IsaStarcrossed
@SchwarzNarr
@TheRocheLimit
@zeagle1
@TwoSocks
@bowl0
@xenosthelegend
@Pvtpenne
@Urq660
@DREAMSLOTH
@ElMerchanto
@Magnet
@entreri
@slate
@TubaDeus
@JaytheGreat
@Philliesphan96
@Big Edd
@Gage2
@Frostbite
@unconfident

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - Painted - 04-27-2023

Really fun mock draft! Can't wait to see how it shakes up to the real thing!

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - zaynzk - 04-27-2023

Wow whoever drafted for Washington did a good job

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - Michiganonymous - 04-27-2023

Delighted that I got to participate in this for a second time! Thanks @RussDrivesTheBus for inviting me!

Chargers fans, I hope @jeffie43 and I did right by you!

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - entreri - 04-27-2023

This was awesome! Thanks for having me.

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - Aleris - 04-27-2023

wtf i want in on this next year

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - LtHudz - 04-27-2023

Whoever was responsible for the Browns is incompetent and probably a homeless bum.

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - TheSparkyDee - 04-28-2023

Lions will be back 2024!!! Love this freaking mock draft

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - deadlunatic - 04-28-2023

This was a lot of fun.

RE: FULL 7-ROUND NFL MOCK DRAFT SPECTACULAR 2023 - Moldycheez4 - 04-28-2023

you had campbell dropping to 45? oof