International Simulation Football League
(S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event (/showthread.php?tid=45353)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - CementHands - 05-11-2023

SHL PT Claim

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - DoubleDub - 05-12-2023

Josh Gibson decided to take a quick trip from London to Melbourne, Victoria where he grew up and last played Aussie Rules, here he was hoping to reach out and help the students of local schools that are from less fortunate socio-economic situations. He made a stop at the local book store and stocked up on fiction & non-fiction books to give out to the local children, in a hope to promote reading levels. He also made a stop at the local big box store, here he bought more than enough statinery and exercise books for those students who are shunned for not having the equipment needed at school.

While he was back in his home town he thought back to himself as a child, he wanted nothing than to bound out of class and grab the sherrin and start slotting goals on the run. Now he wishes he paid more attention in school so that we would feel less out of place in business meetings and when he has to negotiate his own contracts with advertisers and with theam management.

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - Tesla - 05-12-2023

Affiliate SHL PT

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - sakrosankt - 05-12-2023

SHL affiliate

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - WrittinDirectino - 05-12-2023

Here is a snippet from the BBC interview with Brian Vincent-Vega about the London Royals' Soup Kitchen.

Reporter: What was the idea behind the soup kitchen?
BVV: We receive a lot of love from this community and I thought we needed to return the love as well. I realize that I'm very privileged to be in the position I am in, and I should use that privilege to help people who aren't as fortunate. As an athlete I know how important proper nutrition is and when I looked at the numbers I was surprised by the number of people in London-especially kids-struggle with getting food every day.

Reporter: So how did this whole event come to fruition?
BVV: Well I came up with the idea and just started spreading around I guess.  And once all the players were on board, all we had to do was convince the front office to make it happen.

Brian Vincent-Vega was on stove duty most of the time, cooking up beans and eggs. It was a very chaotic morning, and BVV even had to make an emergency trip to a nearby Lidl after they ran all out of eggs. It all worked out at the end however, and Brian and some of his teammates took a couple kids out to play some 5 a side football after.

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - Starboy - 05-12-2023

Finding a new method for helping the community outside what her fellow players were doing, Armor Queen searched all over the city to try finding something. Most players were out trying to give out food, help the homeless, or donating their money to a good cause. However, the running back was finding out that there were areas that many had not thought of with helping out the community. She filled in volunteer work around Berlin with giving tourist a brand new look at the city while also providing museum tours to students trying to learn about the city. Queen’s excellent knowledge of history fit in naturally with the museum lifestyle too as her studying of European history during her university years helped her feel confident around the volunteering world. There she was able to be a much more recognizable face for the people of Berlin as she worked on being someone more than just a football player.

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - Komobro - 05-12-2023

In order to get the word out about Honey Humphries and other rookies, the Luchadores set up a free family Zoo day at the local Zoológico. Fans could enter for free and meet rookies at various exhibits. Honey Humphries, for example, held a meet and greet in front of the polar bear exhibit.

A few other notable thing that happened: Dino Nuggies signed autographs and gave out free nuggets outside of the reptile house. Wing Wang helped run the petting zoo and tried to see how far a donkey could kick a football. Suave Cruz gave a speech near the gorilla enclosure. The other rookies also had various activities going on around the zoo. 

Pictured here is when they gave Honey Humphries a "key" to the polar bear exhibit, like how when cities give people a "key" to the city.

[Image: bxmihQ9.png]

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - DangWookie - 05-12-2023

Ace Anderson loves given back to his community. His parents always taught him to stay humble and spread kindness in the world whenever he can. In his hometown, Ace was super involved in helping out the homeless community, spending a day or two each week with his mom helping cook some of the fresh fish they brought in for them. With the help of his agent, Ace was able to put together a pop up food kitchen for a day in one of the most affected areas. Just like at home, Ace made sure that the food was of the utmost quality and freshness. The event was a hit, so much so that Ace decided it would be a yearly thing and that he would donate part of his salary to one of the food kitchens in the area to make sure that they can keep ordering in the best food possible.

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - KaleSalad - 05-12-2023

Okay seriously who’s idea was this? I need to fire my agent. Leonardo showed up to the community outreach program that was set up not knowing much about it coming off another pizza hangover. You can imagine the shock on his face when he realized that his outreach program was located at the zoo. More specifically in the reptile exhibit. What kind of backwards person thought this was a good idea? Sending the turtle to the reptile exhibit to try and reach more fans? Well Leonardo is above a lot of this stuff and once he got over the initial shock he decided it best to just do what was asked of him! He set up the table and signed autographs as well as took photos with all the kids that were coming and going from the zoo that day. A lot of the kids had no idea that a turtle could grow so big or play football! Overall the event was a success and Leo decided in the end maybe it was a good idea after all.

Code:

RE: (S41) PT #4 - Community Outreach Event - Z-Whiz - 05-12-2023

As part of my community outreach efforts, I decided to organize a football skills clinic for underprivileged youth in collaboration with a local community center. The event aimed to provide an opportunity for kids who may not have regular access to organized sports programs to learn and enjoy the game of football. The clinic began with a warm-up session, led by the coaches, to prepare the kids physically and mentally. We emphasized the importance of teamwork, discipline, and sportsmanship throughout the event. As the day progressed, the participants rotated through the different skill stations. Each station had a dedicated coach who provided hands-on guidance, demonstrating techniques and giving personalized feedback to the children. It was heartwarming to see the kids' faces light up with excitement as they improved their football skills and interacted with the coaches. The football skills clinic for underprivileged youth turned out to be a tremendous success. The event not only provided an opportunity for kids to learn and enjoy football but also fostered a sense of community and promoted important values. It created a positive ripple effect, inspiring young athletes, and encouraging further community involvement. By leveraging football as a tool for outreach, we made a meaningful impact and left a lasting impression on the participants and their families.