International Simulation Football League
*TheRake's Free Agent Emporium™ - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *TheRake's Free Agent Emporium™ (/showthread.php?tid=45471)

*TheRake's Free Agent Emporium™ - TheRake - 05-17-2023

Because there will be countless Mock Draft media for both the DSFL and ISFL in the coming days, I wanted to take a look at an often overlooked and less hyped topic in the ISFL, Free Agency. *DISCLAIMER* The players on this list may have options their teams or themselves could exercise or they could re-sign with their teams immediately after I publish this article, this is just a list of players who could test the market. Without further ado…

Welcome to TheRake’s ISFL Free Agent Emporium™! I will be your tour guide on your journey through the mystical House of Wonders. Please keep all hands and feet inside the cart at all times as some of these Free Agents may bite…

If you look to your left, our first Free Agent is L F.T (@C9Van), Enforcer Safety for the Berlin Fire Salamanders. L F.T is the Free Agent with the highest TPE total and would be highly sought after should he test the market. Going into his 7th season means he'll hit his first regression after S42 but due to his high TPE earnings, he will be a good to great starter for at least 3 to 5 more seasons. One reason L F.T could choose to test Free Agency instead of re-signing with Berlin is that he's having career lows for a lot of the stat categories. A change of scenery might do him good and the Arizona Outlaws, Chicago Butchers, Honolulu Hahalua, Orange County Otters, Sarasota Sailfish, and Yellowknife Wraiths could all use L F.T's services.

Next up if you turn your heads to the right, is Pass Rush LB Aqeel Steele (@"Big W") of the Sarasota Sailfish. The 2nd highest TPE player that is still unsigned, Steele has gone IA since February and will likely get the 1 year IA deal from the 'Fish; however, if he does hit the FA pool there should be plenty of suitors as Steele having a heck of a year, matching or exceeding his highs in nearly every category. Austin Copperheads, Baltimore Hawks, Chicago Butchers, Colorado Yeti, and Cape Town Crash should all be keeping tabs on what Sarasota does with Steele.

As we move on further into the Emporium, we'll be taking a slight left to see the exhibit featuring Speed DE GOAT TANNK (@Eldorian) of the Fire Salamanders. What GOAT TANNK lacks in TPE compared to Steele and L F.T is made up for by his youth as GOAT TANNK is 2 seasons younger than the aforementioned players above. GOAT TANNK is primed to have a breakout year after setting new career highs in in tackles and is about to break his on career high in sacks with 2 games to play. Teams that should have interest include the Arizona Outlaws, Chicago Butchers, Sarasota Sailfish, San Jose Sabercats, and the Yellowknife Wraiths.

As you have seen, the Defense Exhibit is YUGE, vastly outnumber the players on the offensive side of the ball. With that being said, there is one last stop we need to make before we exit through the gift shop and that's at the display of Berlin Fire Salamander's Slot Receiver Really Creative-Name (@Cincyfan96). Another player who is a Fountain of Youth, Really is easily the best skill position up for Free Agency this off-season as he looks to improve on last season's stats. With two games to play, Really needs 9 more catches, 143 yards, and just 1 more touchdown in order to set new career highs in those categories. At close to 900 TPE and just entering his prime, I would expect significant interest in Really's services from Colorado Yeti, Sarasota Sailfish, San Jose Sabercats, and Yellowknife Wraiths.

I fully recognize these players are most likely to be re-signed by their respective teams (Berlin has 3 players on this list!) but should any of them decide to move on from their current teams, they could see big pay days in their future as their talents will be in high demand. Thank you for visiting TheRake’s ISFL Free Agent Emporium™ and we hope you join us next season to see our refreshed stock of players!

RE: TheRake's Free Agent Emporium™ - swoosh - 05-17-2023

Amphibian heavy emporium you have, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

RE: TheRake's Free Agent Emporium™ - shrub02 - 05-17-2023

w!tamper