International Simulation Football League
Writing about Zamir/Excelsior - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Writing about Zamir/Excelsior (/showthread.php?tid=45475)

Writing about Zamir/Excelsior - ztarwarz - 05-17-2023

I came to this league from Reddit, and one of the subreddits that I've frequented more often recently is the HobbyDrama subreddit.

Considering that this is a hobby, and Zamir definitely counts as drama, I thought that the saga of Zamir and the time he ended up infiltrating HO was a perfect topic to cover, and truth be told it is. But there are a couple bits of league lore that I either wasn't connected to at the time, or have missed since then due to being absent from the league.

So I had a couple questions to people who were in the league or were in HO at the same time as Zamir/Excelsior

First, exactly how many times has Zamir tried to Multi since he outed himself as Excelsior? There's a punishment thread for one but I don't know if it's happened a different time as well.

Second, did anyone suspect Excelsior as a multi? If so, what tipped you off? And did you ever suspect who he was a multi of specifically?

Third, for the HO members, how did Excelsior act as an intern? Did you think he was going to be made into a full member, what were your feelings about how he acted in the Kyamprac punishment thread, etc.

Fourth, what were your personal feelings surrounding the S28 draft leak, and the Retrospace, a Retrospective article?

That's pretty much it.

RE: Writing about Zamir/Excelsior - .Laser - 05-17-2023

Zamir has two other known multi attempts, @icnamu and @quitedrab - tagged if you wish to peruse their profiles. Icnamu was S35 and was banned roughly 2 months later from the looks of things, while quitedrab was S32 and was caught in just a few days from the looks of it.

I did not suspect Excelsior as a multi personally, but I did suspect there were some bigger picture things going on there that didn't seem quite right. Something was off, but I couldn't figure exactly what it was. He was quite rude on multiple occasions to multiple people, and looking back the multi did make a ton of sense, but the timings just didn't seem right and so it wasn't ever widely considered iirc.

For 4th, I was personally pretty irritated by it as I was in the S28 draft and based on the fact that he didn't tag me I figured I didn't go in the first, which was a little disappointing even though I was a QB. However I think it was worse for anyone who did happen to see their draft position leaked as it took away from the specialness and novelty of that draft selection and celebrating with your new teammates, getting to know them and welcoming in a new phase of discord home for at least a few months.

RE: Writing about Zamir/Excelsior - Starboy - 05-22-2023

For Excelsior, I never figured he was a Zamir multi but I do have a small story that he admitted made him worried that someone found out that the two accounts were connected.

When I drafted Excelsior’s player in Baltimore he had a David Bakhtiari render in the stream graphic and I’d remembered hearing somewhere from scouting there was a discussion about the Packers with him so I assumed he was a Packers fan (Important to note that zamir was a Packers fan as well). In the draft stream, I mentioned how he was a Packers fan with the render. He quickly came in to say that he was actually a Lions fan when he joined the server.

After he revealed himself, he did mention that he was worried he’d been found out or someone was onto him when that happened.