International Simulation Football League
*swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 (/showthread.php?tid=45544)

*swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 - swoosh - 05-23-2023

Well folks, v5.0 of the six part series. v6.0 will come out some time next week after the draft order has been finalized. For this version, I purposely put in a twist or two in an effort to mix things up.

[Image: n79WjjA.png]

1.1 NOLA New Orleans Secondline - Dino Nuggets | CB | @swoosh
Overrated! Overrated! If you’ve been following this series, you know I’ve had Heiiajs D Owidhuse slotted into this pick the last two times. If you’ve seen other mock drafts floating around, there’s been some Nuggets to New Orleans smoke. While I don’t think it’s settled and there are a handful of other players worthy of the #1 pick, my gut tells me the decision will come down to the two top cornerback prospects. Owidhuse vs Nuggets. Experience vs fresh blood. Good looking vs. good looking. It’s a tough decision that will set the tone for the rest of the draft and I’m sure the New Orleans war room will be weighing their options until they turn in their draft card on Friday night (maaaaybe?).

---

[Image: PcvdAuL.png]

1.2  BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - Heiiajas D. Owidhuse | CB | @firstfray
Blacksmith Andre not #2? What in the hell is this? As the one who started the Blacksmith to Berlin movement, I’m starting to consider other options. Offensive line is quite a luxury pick and taking one at two would be bold. While I don’t think Berlin has as many needs as you would expect for a team picking at two, there are some. Cornerback is one of those positions, where The Stig could be close to retirement. Owidhuse is too good of a player at a premium position to pass up here. Note that if we’re going to see any trade movement at the top of the draft, this could be the spot. I’m sure a handful of teams would be interested in moving up to grab Owidhuse or another top prospect.

---

[Image: xvk3emd.png]

1.3  COL Colorado Yeti - RE #38 | LB | @Aleris
The first wildcard pick of this mock. I think this pick ultimately comes down to wide receiver or linebacker. At receiver, you have Keanu Calhoun leading the charge. At linebacker, Federico Americano has been the first linebacker off the board in all of my mock drafts leading up to this one. Well, time for a curveball. Colorado targets a familiar face in Aleris, whose RE #38 is sneakingly just 6 TPE behind the aforementioned Americano. This could also be a spot teams target in a trade up.

---

[Image: FgholX0.png]

1.4  NOLA New Orleans Secondline (f/ BAL Baltimore Hawks) - Federico Americano | LB | @MN_Moosey
In my head, I see two scenarios for New Orleans: vet/rookie or rookie/vet at 1 and 4 respectively. I don’t think they’ll be locked into this strategy, but if the board falls this way I think a vet will be targeted here. Enter Americano who along with Nuggets and a couple of draft picks from last year, become the foundation for a strong defense a few years down the line. Americano also brings some much needed experience to New Orleans.

---

[Image: CFcZXp8.png]

1.5  NYS New York Silverbacks - Hank Mardukas | TE | @Chicken Lips
Soft hands Hank’s floor to me is five overall. I just can’t see him getting by New York, who has a big need at tight end. As I’ve brought up in past versions, I could see New York being interested in Americano, but if Americano is still on the board here it’s likely because Mardukas went four to New Orleans. There’s not a single knock on Mardukas other than maybe position. If it wasn’t for playing tight end, I think he’s in heavy conversation for the first overall pick (I still think he’s in those discussions). Give me Americano/Mardukas or Mardukas/Americano at 4 and 5 respectively.

---

[Image: c6muilN.png]

1.6  SJS San Jose SaberCats - Keanu Calhoun | WR | @Frostbite
San Jose is jumping for joy as Colorado passes on Calhoun at three and goes with a linebacker instead. Calhoun would immediately come in and start as the third receiver. This is a slam dunk pick for the cats, where need meets one of the best players available.

---

[Image: rRSYtxp.png]

1.7  AUS Austin Copperheads - Aleksandar Ković | LB | @Reno
Austin’s top three needs are all on defense: linebacker, cornerback, and safety. The available defensive back prospects at this point might be considered a little bit of a reach, so the Copperheads turn to the best available linebacker in Ković. Ković will slot next to two good linebackers in McGibbons and Moloka’i to round out a formidable trio.

---

[Image: jWFdt3u.png]

1.8. CHI Chicago Butchers - Blacksmith Andre | OL | @Muford
Some may be surprised to see Andre fall to eight, but this certified scrub is lucky to be even picked in the first round. In all seriousness, Muford’s experience and familiarity with Chicago is just too much to pass up at this point. It’s also a position of need as Chicago only has one offensive lineman from S32.

---

[Image: vKdK6ml.png]

1.9 OCO Orange County Otters - Stetson David | WR | @oilmandan
Aaron Jäger has been the second wide receiver off the board for me in past mocks, but I’ll switch it up and go with Stetson David here. Don’t look now, but David is now 7th amongst prospects in TPE. He fills a huge need for the Otters who currently have only two receivers on the roster. A day one starter for Orange County.

---

[Image: 0goWyoR.png]

1.10  YKW Yellowknife Wraiths - LeHarm James | DE | @LHarm
Looking at the Wraiths roster, I think the front seven will be an area of focus in the first round. I considered Octavion Speedings here whose switch to linebacker will boost his draft stock, but ultimately went with LeHarm James who I haven’t mocked in the first round as of late. A former kicker, James has been a consistent earner in the league. I think the interview process will be huge for him.

---

[Image: rRf0LYd.png]

1.11 SAR Sarasota Sailfish - Aaron Jäger | WR | @MouseMazing
With David going ninth overall to Orange County, Aaron Jäger is the best available wide receiver on the board. The Sailfish would be happy to bring home either one of them as they have a big need at receiver. Entreni was a good pick last year, but Kaepercolin Jr. will need to be replaced next season.

---

[Image: fkwrE8R.png]

1.12  NOLA New Orleans Secondline (f/ ARI  Arizona Outlaws) - Reginald Shrubbery | RB | @shrub02
Let’s be honest - there’s probably no way Shrubbery is getting to 12. The only reason he does here is because I couldn’t find a team who needs a running back that bad. With that being said, when it comes down to it there could be a position swap in play or some team will ignore needs and bring in Shrubbery anyway. Should this actually happen, Crane and Shrubbery will form a deadly 1-2 punch in a few years. Easily best player available here.

---

[Image: smW9yGy.png]

1.13  BAL Baltimore Hawks (f/ HON  Honolulu Hahalua) - Luigi Numberone | CB | @ztarwarz
Baltimore traded up from their 2nd round pick to get this selection and turn it into Luigi Numberone. It's no mystery the Hawks have a clear need at cornerback with just two cornerbacks currently on the roster. Robert Rossi was also considered here, but ultimately Numberone gets the nod as he's, well, number one. 

---

[Image: U9NUipr.png]

1.14  NOLA New Orleans Secondline (f/ CTC Cape Town Crash) - Josh Patterson | QB | @Tylertokesome04
A repeat pick. This pick makes too much sense. It’s no secret New Orleans needs a quarterback with Jones deciding to call it a career. Feel free to refer to my past mock for more detail here.

---

Honorable Mention - Martin Bachman | RB | @Martin.Bachman
I just wanted to add this as I’ve mocked the likes of Speedings, Anderson, and Moon in other versions, but I don’t think Bachman has ever made the cut. Don’t look now but Bachman has been steadily climbing the board and is a sneaky pick to make it into the first round. It’s a deep running back class, but Bachman has caught my eye. I see you. There are other worthy first round prospects as well, but I specifically tried to get Bachman in this version and just couldn't find a good spot for him. Keep grinding, rookies. Let's make this class great.

RE: swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 - Tylertokesome04 - 05-23-2023

Look at me sneaking into the 1st round... Always a great read Swoosh! Marty Bachman getting some love too, great to see!

RE: swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 - Chicken Lips - 05-23-2023

Return to monke

RE: swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 - firstfray - 05-23-2023

Any Muford slander gets my stamp of approval

RE: swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 - Martin.Bachman - 05-23-2023

I may not have been picked, but an honorable mention is progress. I’ll take it. Appreciate the shoutout. A lot of great RBs that I would imagine go before me.

RE: swoosh’s "I can feel it coming in the air" S42 ISFL Mock Draft v5.0 - oilmandan - 05-24-2023

Awesome read as always. Very interested to see how things play out on draft day