International Simulation Football League
(S42) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S42) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=45622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - JuOSu - 06-01-2023

OT pass

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - TheDangaZone - 06-01-2023

PBE PT

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - AK41 - 06-01-2023

Prompt 19: 167 Words
There is nothing better than the opportunity of a new stadium! While the environment has to be fan and family friendly, I think it is also important to include player specific perks that will not only help us perform our best on the field, but also train and recover properly. Taking the stadium and the field out of the conversation, I would love to see a locker room with plenty of space, and seating that converts into a small sleeping space, this would be HUGE for after practice naps! As well, I would love to see a state of the art weight room, athletic training suite, as well as a recovery station for those post practice or game relaxation time to get the body healed for the next competition. While it is super important to cater to the needs of the fans, if we aren’t able to take care of our bodies properly, we will be unable to keep the fans in their seats with poor performance!

Prompt 26: 164 Words
While it is hard to look at what my life may be without the game of football, I think I would most definitely use my degree and be working within the engineering field. I love to look at buildings and mentally break down the aspects that go into how they function, what steps were taken to create the tower in front of me, as well as the needed skill and labor to keep the building in top notch shape throughout the life of it. While football will always be my primary passion, I think that the opportunity to design and implement building structure would be an outstanding opportunity that I would love to pursue. While I know that this field isn’t my true calling (considering football is) I think there would be some what of a learning curve, but with my prior education, and my unrelenting desire to succeed, I know that I will no doubt succeed in whatever second career I would select.

Prompt 27: 156 Words
Looking back at my youth, high school days, and collegiate competition, I am not sure where I would be today without having played running back. However, if this position were to never have existed, I think the easy answer would be a transition to wide receiver, however, that would be too mainstream. As a running back, I am one of the larger of the group, standing just over 6 feet tall and weighing 220lbs, I think a transition to linebacker would be in the works for me. My understanding of the offensive game would benefit my play progression and on field reads, and my quickness would outmatch a lot of my teammates. While playing on the defensive side of the ball has never come into my mind, I think that although I would be somewhat undersized, my intangibles would set me apart and I would still play at a very high level within my new position.

Task 31: 160 Words
If I were able to make up an award for my player based on their current situation within the DSFL (this is being written prior to me being called up to ISFL), it would have to be ‘Most Rushing Yards from the Line of Scrimmage in Comparison to Total Attempts.’ While I know that is a mouthful, for the last two seasons I have come in second in total yards (by less than 200 yards each season) but I have had 100+ less carries than the first place holder. While I know this is insignificant in the big scheme of things, I have played two seasons on a past first offense (year 1 more than year 2, but still) and I have been the most efficient runner in the attempts that I have received. Second place is cool and all, but when you break down total yards versus total attempts, I would sit in first place both of my seasons!

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - DangWookie - 06-01-2023

8. This task is exclusive to non-recreate rookies of the S41 class and later. In 300 words or more, how has your experience been in the league? Who have you met that has made your time here more fun, friendly, and exciting? Have you been satisfied with your player’s early start? What was it like being drafted for the first time? Do you have any comments or suggestions for the entire league that you think should be implemented?

To put it simply, my time in the league has been awesome so far! I wasn’t certain exactly how much I would want to put into this league as I was unsure of how much I would enjoy watching dots run around on a screen. However, I am super pleased to say that this league scratches that college football offseason itch for me perfectly. I have always been a fan of games like Football Manager and pretty much and career mode in pretty much in sports game, so I took to it pretty quick! Being drafted to the DSFL was a great experience. Everyone that reached out was super kind and welcoming and that’s where I really got a feel for the community surrounding the ISFL. Even though we had a tough season, I am so glad I got drafted to the Birddogs. The locker room is full of a bunch of good dudes and I’m really happy to be a part of the team. All in all, I have to say I am pretty happy with the start of Ace’s career. Honestly, I had thought that he didn’t have that great of a season but after checking out some stats for the podcast, I saw that he rushed for just over 1000 yards which was a huge surprise to say the least. Hopefully, next season, he’s able to rack up a few more TDs. Finally, there has been a big group of people who have made the league a lot more fun for me. First off, the easiest one, thanks to ChickenLips for getting me in the league and doing the podcast with me, don’t think that I would be a part of it without you bud. All of the GMs (and some of the former ones) at Dallas have been super helpful when it comes to player building and have made the locker room a great one to a part of. I also want to give a big shoutout to Lharm and Tylertokessome for being the first two guests on our podcast, it was a ton of fun to speak with you guys and get to know y’all better. Can’t wait to have you guys back on!

369 words

16. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

To say the Birddogs had a disappointing season would be an understatement. All of us were pretty hyped at the beginning of the season, especially after the early win against Bondi Beach. But then, things got bleak pretty fast. After winning in Week 2 and then a heartbreaker of a tie to Tijuana in Week 8, we wouldn’t get another win until Week 12 against Portland. The lowest point of the season was definitely that losing streak, the atmosphere in the locker room had dropped and everyone seemed down on the team. We all rallied together though to make sure that everyone was working to earn as much TPE as they possibly could. The best thing about Dallas this season was that we had a really great rookie class of pretty high earning players and we know that as the season progressed, the team would become more competitive. That perseverance culminated in the Week 12 win against Portland, 33-12. Coincidentally, that was also Ace Anderson’s best game of the season. 118 yards on 34 attempts with two touchdowns was a massive game for the rookie running back. Finally, we started to see the results that we had been waiting for the entire season. Even though Dallas ended up losing the final two games of the season, it was lot easier to stomach because we stayed in those games as best we could and the scoreline didn’t reflect how close they actually were. For next season, I would say expectations are pretty high. It seems like most of our big earner players will spend another season in Dallas, hopefully, giving us an edge from the start. Tijuana was able to ride their high TPE all the way to the DSFL title, so we are hoping for a good run and at the very least, being a legit challenger for one of those playoff spots. I’ve been saying it all season on the podcast, I think the future is super bright for Dallas and I think next season, we’ll start to see the results we had been grinding for this season.

349 words

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - CementHands - 06-01-2023

Tier 1, Task 1:
Well well well, here we are once again. Once again the Arizona Outlaws attempted a table run to solidify the ultimate trophy. They got so close, but close doesn't get you anything other than a worse draft pick. After an ok start of 2-1, the Outlaws proceeded to drop 4 games in a row. The atmosphere was in a pretty sombre state, chants from fans about "Fire KotASSa", and rumblings from inside the locker room were not looking pretty for the man from Green Bay.
To pile on to the chants was a few weeks before the 2-5 record, Arizona made a trade for a big upgrade in the Line Backer position, a move that should have only improved the team, and after a delay in joining the team, they went on to drop 3 straight games. It was rough waters indeed. "Don't worry, we've been here before, it will be ok" were words that management was throwing around. It took our beloved Quarterback to chirp up and say "Don't worry. Duck everyone else and let's just run the table again". Assuming for an autocorrect in his speech, that's exactly what the outlaws proceeded to do. Run. The Table. 9 in a row to end up on the losing end of a tie breaker for top team in the conference. All the way from the back at the 7 game mark. That's the mark of a true leader, and someone who has the attention of the room. not "management".

Cape Town on the other hand, ran the entire season as if they were the team to beat. They ultimately fulfilled that winning the championship, but getting there they were consistently the best team out there week after week. I believe this was a long time coming since the move away from Philly. 3 - 1 with a very very tight loss coming at the hands of Chicago by 1 measly point. They were then stifled by a stringent otters defense the next week, bringing them to 3-2 and deciding that that was as close as they would like to be to the rest of the league, for the rest of the season. They went on to win 7 in a row before losing once again to the Butchers, who apparently had their number and fed them 66% of their losses all season, including playoffs! After the Butchers game they finished out strong against Berlin, Sarasota, and a 1 score game to Colorado to finish what was probably their most dominant season in franchise history with a 13 - 3 record.

Some Notable players from each team that helped them into the playoffs, and get to the finals:
Arizona:
Offense: Danny Nedelko - 1500 all purpose yards, and 17 Touchdowns. Not bad.
Defense: Akaki Akayre - 103 Tackles, 10 Tackles for loss, 5/1 FF/FR, 17 Sacks. This guy was in the offense's face each game all game.

Cape Town:
Offense: Jarvis Harbinger-Marjin - Captain, league rushing leader, and almost as many rushing touchdowns as Nedelko had total touchdowns. This man was a menace all season and a huge factor in Cape Town's success
Defense:Barry Badman - Another Line Backer (high stat position?) 108 Tabkles, 8 TFL 5/4 FF/FR, and 12 Sacks. Barry was back patrolling the field and an absolute ball hawk of a LB for the best team in the league this season.

Playoff wise fun enough Arizona and Cape Town both won 2 games, where Arizona had to go through Orange County, and then Honalulu en route to the championship, and Cape Town enjoyed a well deserved bye the first week, followed by Sarasota putting up their best in the second week. The final game was a tightly contested 20-18 final.

Code:
613 Words

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - Reno - 06-01-2023

19. The additions to the Kansas City stadium would have to be as followed. The first one is we need incredibly big and giant trees that are chopped down lying everywhere. This is because Aleksandar really likes to lift trees to exercise with. He has ascended past the abilities of standard bench presses and free weights, he now lifts entire trees because of the level of gains that he gets. The second thing that Aleksandar wants is a really big scoreboard so that he can watch all his sacks in high replay definition. He is a simple man who likes simple things, seeing him dragging himself across the quarterback in slow motion and in 4K resolution is the icing on the cherry cake. The final thing that Aleksandar would want in the new Kansas City stadium is a creatine powder distribution machine because he likes to be big and strong so that he can sack as many people as possible. (159)

27. I think its obvious enough that if Aleksandar was not a linebacker he would be playing as a defensive end in the league. He is fast, he is aggressive, and he gets a ton of results when he rushes the passer. It is essentially the same role he plays right now at the linebacker position where he leads the league in sacks and gets a lot of tackles for loss already, so it would not take too much of a transition for him to learn to rush from a different position. Plus it would take him out of coverage situations where he’s a bit of a liability because he’s not really agile enough to keep up with the speedier tight ends and other wide receivers in the league. If he had to move away from defense though I think Aleksandar would be an amazing tight end, he’s got the size and the temperament for it, would probably excel in run blocking as well, he would just have to work on the hands a bit more. (175)

29. I think the best branding in the league right now belongs to Arizona. It is one of the few situations where the logo has been around for quite some time but its still fresh enough where it really does not need to change so much. It is simple but effective. You have the outlaw cowboy man and you do not need much more, adding to it at this stage would probably ruin it. I want to give a shoutout to Austin as well for having an awesome logo as well. Back when I was originally drafted there the logo at the time was kind of bad, just boring and did not do much for anyone. I do not know when they switched up the logo design to the new snake but it looks pretty dang cool and it kind of shows the level of intensity a team based on a rattlesnake should have. (153 words)

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - 18situaseans - 06-01-2023

8.) February, 2023. This is when I joined the ISFL and little did I know this was one of the best decisions that I would make in all of 2023 and would lead to me joining and even creating my own sim league. I’ve fell in love with sim leagues over these past 4 months and am so glad I found the ISFL. My time here has been nothing but fun. It started off with me creating my player and not knowing what TPE was at all, all the way to 454 TPE. I was put on a prospect team called the Shelbyville Stallions where I saw the first of my player, Sean Robinson. I made many good friends on the Stallions and still remember those good days. Next, it was time for the DSFL draft. I was very excited for this as it was my first ever sim league draft experience. I went 47th overall to the Norfolk Seawolves. I found a great home in Norfolk as I got to play with other great rookies like Legs McMillion, Rico Savage, Otto The Orange, and Kadarius Claypool III. I had a solid season with Norfolk racking in 508 yards and 7 touchdowns. I was the WR2 for most the season so my numbers weren’t as high as they could have been. I did take over as WR1 late in the season but it was only for a few games. When the off-season started, I was already thinking about the ISFL draft. I had my offseason task to do and wiki update plus many other things but my main focus was the ISFL draft. The night came, and I was all situated to watch my pick. In the prior DSFL draft, I was unable to watch Sean get picked and the stream was not saved. This season, I was going to make sure I don’t miss Sean get picked.

11. ) Sean Robinson was born in San Diego, California, to Jason and Samantha Robinson. They raised him in a middle class family and he went to Publix schools his whole academic life. Sean was always extremely talented at football and destroyed the kids at school when playing against them at recess. He was a receiver his whole life and always was skilled in catching the football. His dad always said he never seemed to drop it. Sean was then known for his very sticky hands. In middle school, he played tackle football for a team that wasn’t affiliated with his school. It was local. He led the entire league in recieving yards, touchdowns, catches, and YPC. He finished up 8th grade and was on to high school. He was immediately pulled into varsity as a freshman. Sean took advantage of this opportunity by absolutely cooking opposing cornerbacks and putting up other worldly numbers as a freshman. 

As a sophomore, Sean got even better. He improved his speed and route running ability’s substantially and was putting on a show every Friday. College scouts were starting to notice him and they started coming to his games. We was regarded as one of the best high school WRs in the entire country. He would finish his last 2 high school years in style with absurd numbers that got better every season. Sean had a decision to make. It was time to commit. He had many offers from big schools like Oregon and USC. Sean ultimately went with his hometown San Diego State Aztecs. Sean had a great career at SDSU and was excited to get drafted into the ISFL. His career was just starting now and promised himself he would dedicate all his time to becoming the best WR on the field.

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - oilmandan - 06-01-2023

What are my thoughts on the current sim engine? Well coming over from a league that uses the DDPSF 16 game, the 20 version is definitely a step up. That being said there are always things that can be better. First off, in simulated games, I think managers should have the ability to make "half time adjustments:. Something in the strategy section, where if the AI deems your offense is struggling against the pass rush, you can have it call more plays in formations with the RB blocking or with an extra TE. It would add more realism. Conversely, if you were doing well passing the ball, and you can assume the opposing team may have things set to adjust their pass defense, you can run more or if your short passing game was killing them, you send the ball deep more often. Another thing I'd eliminate is stat caps. If you have a godly WR, there shouldn't be a set limit on the hell he raises week to week. 

169 words

I have the right to change this answer based on where I'm drafted tomorrow, but the best branding currently belongs to the Sarasota Sailfish. While not sure if that is a sailfish, the colours are just awesome. Light blue and light green are just a deadly combo in any setting and combination of jersey, pants and helmets. I did all 14 teams in a couple of graphic sets for where my player may end up and I had a ton of fun playing around with how that one would finish up. Imagine all the alternates you could roll out! The Oregon Ducks would be jealous. Logo is very sharp too, definitely similar to what the Florida Miami Marlins should be featuring. Maybe that's on purpose though? There are a ton of great brands in the ISFL and all the designers should be very proud, but this one takes the cake. Animal faux pas or not.

151 words

So a podcast for my player eh? I'm no celebrity, but I'd enjoy having a podcast very similar to what Joe Rogan does, just talking for hours about whatever happens to come up. He has some very interesting guests and whether you agree with him or his guests, a lot of them really make you think. My podcast would be called "Randomness with Stetson" and it would be exactly that. A host of guests from all walks of life just talking about life, sports, food, anything. We'd start with the field they excel in and do that for an hour or two, then switch to some current events and then wrap up with some advice they have to give me or the audience. Maybe a few drinks would be drank and I'd hope people would enjoy it as much as I'd have doing it. Hopefully it wouldn't get taken off apple podcasts either lol. 

153 words

Similar my piece on the best brand, I reserve my right to take this opinion back if this team drafts me. As of now, they haven't even sent out a draft message so I'm probably safe that way. But the team most in need of saving on and off the field is the New Orleans Second Line. Originally I had to google what a Second Line even was and I can't really remember what it was now. Something about a band that follows parades for birthdays?? Not a thought that strikes much fear in opponents. The story behind the name is very unique and cool in that way that it ties to the city, but it ends there for me. I feel like the colours could work as is, I think they are similar to the New Orleans Baby Cakes, which is another team with a brand that only works in NOLA, but a new name and logo are needed in a big way. 

161 words

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - ZodiacEXE - 06-02-2023

I like the idea of expansion from a thematic standpoint. Only three out of the 14 teams in the International Simulation Football League are outside the USA, with only two of them being located outside of North America. A further three teams in the DSFL are international with two being outside of NA. All in all, this means that the USA accounts for about 72% of football teams in the ISFL as an entire sim league, and North America makes up about 82%. Therefore, expansion should focus on markets outside of the continent, preferably in regions that currently lack a presence in the league.

An easy place to start is to head to the other side of the equator. Though the other kind of football is more popular, there's still a great market for a team. The city I've chosen to host an expansion team is Sao Paulo. It's a city already bustling with numerous international sports, so adding gridiron football to the mix wouldn't be too far out of left field. Although Sao Paulo is a bit far away from the Amazon rainforest, the animals native to it still make for fantastic mascots. Out of the many options, I've gone with the Dart Frogs to be their team mascot. They may look bright and unassuming, but they're dangerous to the touch.

Another continent yet to be touched by the ISFL is Asia. Although a couple of sim leagues placed a team in Japan, I've decided instead to found an expansion team in Seoul, South Korea. The country's reputation for high quality electronic design is the basis for my idea of branding: the Thunderbolts. Asia has a wealth of ideas for location and branding that the league has yet to tap into, and I'd be excited to see somebody start a team there.

One final idea comes from Scandinavia: the Oslo Coalbiters. Hailing from the Norwegian capital of Oslo, a coalbiter is a translation of an Old English term used to describe a person who didn't show signs of greatness until a worthy challenge allowed them to shine. I personally love this one, but both the ISFL and DSFL have teams in Europe already so I'd prefer to see one of the other ideas presented considered before this one.
Code:
380 words

The main improvements I'd make would be graphical, both in terms of UI and player presentation. I would love for the play-by-play box to be closer to the action rather than having to scan my eyes across the screen to get the full idea of what happens each play. This would be especially helpful for those who watch their player on the field and aren't necessarily always part of the play. The other improvement I would love to make is to how each player is presented. 3D models probably don't play well with the speed sim leagues operate at and the physicality of football, but something to help differentiate the players aside from their numbers would be a great touch. If nametags were able to be worked into the presentation without cluttering the screen that would be good, but maybe something else to visually differentiate players like different sized indicators for different sized players. With these changes the viewing experience could be improved, though I don't know how much effort it would take to actually implement them.
Code:
177 words

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S42) Offseason Task - Mooty99 - 06-02-2023

OT pass