International Simulation Football League
*A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft (/showthread.php?tid=46189)

*A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - 18situaseans - 07-04-2023

It’s been almost two seasons since the S41 ISFL Draft and it’s time to see which players have kept on earning throughout these two seasons and which users have stopped and lost interest in the ISFL. 

Everyone knows the S41 class was one of the biggest, and most talented classes in ISFL history. Many names that were picked in the third and 4th round of the S41 ISFL Draft, could easily have gone in the first round in many other drafts. But it’s been almost two whole seasons. Which picks here have been great so far and which ones have been total busts. Time to find out.

FIRST ROUND: 
Usually, you won’t find many flaws in the first round of the ISFL draft. Dating back many seasons, it’s been pretty consistent with high earners staying high earners. So overall, all the names in the first round are above 530 TPE which I consider right on track. Players like Dub Redd, Mary Marie, Bruce White, John Stark, and many more, have been earning to the highest level. But the highest earner out of everyone in the first round, is Ezra Azazel, who was taken with the 5th pick and has earned 602 TPE. What’s interesting, is that the highest earner out of everyone here right now (and at the time) wasn’t taken until the second round.

SECOND ROUND:
The second round is a little different. There are a few names I want to get to that have completely fallen off, but first, Loose Cannon was selected with the first pick in the second round. He has earned 632 TPE as of now and was the highest earner at the time by far. He fell way too far and the Silverbacks took advantage of this managing to secure him AND Dub Redd along with other key pieces later on. Now, who has been slumping? Artemis Entreri, at just 374 TPE, has not submitted an update since May 14th. They are about 175 TPE behind what they should be at as of now. Artemis looked to be the future of the Sarasota receiving core with 244 TPE at the time. Some other bad picks are Logjammed McBobface who was taken right after Artemis. Logjammed has completely left the league due to personal matters. And right after him, came Justin Willis, who is at 464 TPE, can be considered as a solid pick, but the Crash could have gotten something better. 3 picks in a row that didn’t turn out how they wanted them to. 3 picks in a row that have all earned less than 470 TPE. About 150 off of the second round average. Later in that round, the Butchers selected Bill Cravy. Thought to be one of the best CBs in the class TPE wise. Has also been slacking with earning. The next pick, the Wraiths took Terry Johnson. This surprised everyone. And even though he’s been earning ever since, it doesn’t seem like the best they could do at the pick. Terry, now at 430 TPE, has been doing great with earning. But it’s not second round value. But how about something positive. Benjamin Duvernay was selected by AZ at #28 and has proven to be a great pick for them. Sitting at 536 TPE, AZ did an outstanding job scouting and finding someone productive at pick 28. 

THIRD ROUND:
But maybe one of the worst picks came with the 29th pick, in Burnt Toast. At the time, this looked to be a solid pick for Berlin. Well, that didn’t age well. Toast is at just 350 TPE, way behind guys that were picked up even in the 4th round. 2nd pick in the third round is an interesting one. Synyster Gates, a good earner at the time, is sitting at just 400 TPE and is still playing in the DSFL for Tijuana. COL did not hit on this pick. Pick 31 was Nick Williams who has been outstanding for where he was picked. Great job by Berlin. But to be honest, why was he even available at 31 with 244 TPE. Position maybe? He’s still max earning to this day. Now, I know pick 32 has been haunting SJS for the last two seasons. They went with Diego Lopez-Alonso, a WR, who was at 207 TPE. He then retired just a few weeks later due to some drama I believe. But this one really hurts for SJS, because with the 34th pick, the Silverbacks selected the other good WR still on the board, Sean Robinson. Robinson was at 196 TPE at the time and you damn well know SJS was debating between Robinson and Lopez-Alonso. So how is Robinson doing now? Well he’s at 530 TPE. I’m sure it’s at least crossed the mind at least once of the SJS GMs that they went the wrong way with pick 32. So like I said, Robinson is at 530 TPE, Just over 350 since he was drafted. Great pick by NYS and great draft overall for NYS, because they made ANOTHER splash in the third  round that we will get to soon. Now I did skip pick 33 to drop that little bomb on SJS, so with pick 33, Berlin selected Lukas Van Ness. He is at 494 TPE as of right now. He was at 176 when drafted. You can see a little bit of slack from him but not much. Active user too so a good pick for Berlin. Pick 35 was Brian Vincent Vega who is at 434 TPE which is definitely a little bit on the slacking side. But it is solid value for the third round. Now pick 36 was an absolute steal. 244 TPE LB Liath Squirell was still on the board somehow. At just over 570 TPE, this has turned out to be one of the best picks of the draft. Honolulu did a great job here. The next pick was made my SJS and they took Modest Mussorgsky at just 161 TPE. I can’t find him anywhere so I don’t know what happened. Now after this pick, the Silverbacks traded up to select The Riddler with the 38th pick. This has turned out to be an outstanding pick for them as he is at 536 TPE as of right now. Pick 39 was QB Lloyd Bannings. Lloyd is still the QB for Tijuana and has been slacking TPE wise. He was at 223 when drafted but is at just 463 right now. The other QB in this class, Jake Jefferson, was tooken right after Lloyd by the Butchers. Jefferson is at just 436 TPE right now. Even lower than Bannings. It seems to me that these QBs that have to stay down for many seasons often lose interest in earning or the league in general. 

FOURTH ROUND: 
I’m not going to talk about every single pick here because they aren’t all that important, but I’ll talk about some that have been working out great and some that haven’t. Malik Brooks was selected by the Secondline in the mid 4th round. He was a great earner but there wasn’t a huge need at RB. This is likely why he fell. Although, he has been max earning throughout his ISFL career and is now at 560 TPE. This was a great pick by the Secondline who traded it to Colorado. So Colorado got a great RB. There wasn’t any other picks that stood out to me but I do want to touch on one other pick. Once again, a very high earning RB was tooken late. Even later this time. The 5th round saw Sticky Hands taken by Cape Town. Everyone thought this was a great pick at the time since Sticky had 214 TPE. Although, he is still playing for the Seawolves in the DSFL. And once again, a great earner that had to stay down has possibly lost interest and has certainly stopped earning as much. He sits at 442 TPE which is about 100 TPE behind what he should be at.

To sim it up, this class has exceeded expectations and has continued to show it up to this day. Over 20 of the picks here are above 500 TPE. This class has, and will continue to show that it is one of the best and biggest in ISFL history.

Well that does it for today. Thank you for reading and have a good 4th of July. Also, PAY ME.

RE: A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - wizard_literal - 07-04-2023

Pay him! Nice work sean.

RE: A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - baz - 07-04-2023

(07-04-2023, 04:40 PM)18situaseans Wrote: But the highest earner out of everyone in the first round, is Billy Jor-El who was taken with the third pick in the draft. What’s interesting, is that the highest earner out of everyone here right now (and at the time) wasn’t taken until the second round.

This absolute blasphemy Hudz isnt even the top at his position from the first round! I demand a recount!

RE: A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - 18situaseans - 07-04-2023

(07-04-2023, 04:53 PM)baz1757 Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 04:40 PM)18situaseans Wrote: But the highest earner out of everyone in the first round, is Billy Jor-El who was taken with the third pick in the draft. What’s interesting, is that the highest earner out of everyone here right now (and at the time) wasn’t taken until the second round.

This absolute blasphemy Hudz isnt even the top at his position from the first round! I demand a recount!
Definitely didn’t just edit that

RE: A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - negs - 07-04-2023

5th round pick on out being behind 100 TPE is awesome for hands and he’s still doing great.

Cycro major steal r2!

RE: A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - lemonoppy - 07-04-2023

Lets gooo, my main man Hudz killing it

RE: A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - LtHudz - 07-04-2023

(07-04-2023, 05:00 PM)18situaseans Wrote:
(07-04-2023, 04:53 PM)baz1757 Wrote:

Definitely didn’t just edit that
No we have to go back. It's more important to mess with Baz than anything else.

RE: A Look Back at the S41 ISFL Draft - crash1005 - 07-04-2023

I can't even get a shout out at all