International Simulation Football League
*DoubleDub's Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DoubleDub's Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=46586)

*DoubleDub's Mock Draft - DoubleDub - 07-26-2023

While I'm bored and twiddling my thumbs waiting for the draft this Friday, I thought I would try my hand at one of these mock drafts that all the kids are talking about.

Now my ISFL knowledge is lacking so I might be way off, there will be some trades but I don't like to go overboard on them.

I'm going to list the trades now and then I will go through why I think they make sense further down.

Trades

Arizona trades 1 OA and S44 3rd and to Austin for 5 OA and 10 OA

Berlin trades 4OA to Sarasota for 6 OA and S43 3rd

1. AUS AUS (from NOLA via AZ)

Jay Cue III QB - Ophera_Phantom - 280 TPE

I see Austin trading up to secure their QB of the future, we know Queen Elizabeth is on her last legs as regression breaks out the crowbar. I believe that Austin would be worried about Berlin snapping of JC3 at 2 OA or 4 OA so they jump the queue and get him here. Austin have a heap of resources this draft so they move two of their three first rounders to get this done. Getting a 3rd rounder in a reddit draft is also a good get for the Copperheads.

PhantomOphera is a GOAT user who does a lot for the league and gets their reward with 1 OA. I think this works for all sides here.

2. BER BER (from CHI)

Cheecago Boucher LB - UberBJ - 229 TPE

We know all about the fact that Jimbo wants to be Outlaw, I can see Berlin trying to bait Arizona into trading up but in the end they honor Jimbo's wishes and go with another linebacker in Boucher. Uber is another long term user who can be relied on here, I think he is a solid pick who will help rejuvenate the aging Berlin LB core.

3. SAR SAR (from OCO)

Thomas Sutha WR - lemonoppy - 236 TPE

Man I like this guy, brings a great energy to the league and its been good chatting to him about the draft as a couple of new creates. Honestly I thought he was re create when I first started speaking to him because of how much he knew about the league.

Sarasota are in need of some fresh blood at the WR position, with regression coming soon for their current duo.

4. SAR SAR (from SJS via SAR)

Crasher Wake DT - Zodiac.EXE - 242 TPE

I can see the Sailfish moving up here to get a guy they like and think they have one in mind with Crasher Wake. They aren't in a rebuild where they need picks rather they need to retool and Mr S42 is just the man for a job. A new create who tried to lie to himself and said he would 'take this league casually' has shown his capacity as an earner and would be a good fit for the Sailfish.

5. AZ ARI (from COL via AUS)

Iman Outlaw LB - allbetsonjames - 249 TPE

Jimbo gets his wish and the Outlaws secure him with the 5th OA pick. AZ trade back to keep beefing up their picks in the future and to work on the net wave of stars coming through. No need to overthink this pick, a good LB is always valuable and the AZ LB core is starting to age. Jimbo is a respected user over a couple of different leagues and is a definite slam dunk here.

6. BER BER (from SAR)

Gaius Gleel LB - Crodyman - 211 TPE

Berlin trades down and honestly could look to trade down again if they wanted to.

Maybe it's my Yotes bias but this is an underrated player and user and I think they would be a great fit for the Swolemanders. As I mentioned earlier with the Boucher pick, this is a spot that Berlin can invest in to bring the defense to a new level. I think the rookie duo will develop into a terrifying tandem.

7. YKW YKW

Sack Sparrow DT - water - 231 TPE

I think that the Wraiths would be looking for a CB here but honestly there just isn't anyone worthy of 7 OA at that position. Instead they take another defensive player and take a great DT prospect in Sack Sparrow. This is a position that Yellowknife need to invest more in and the first picked on the All-Names team would fit that need.

8. AUS AUS

Ignatious Cleetington - 110radio - 224 TPE

This is a spot that Austin is starting to hurt, so getting a top prospect in for that position will be great for the team. A weapon to grow with JC3 has the Copperheads offense looking scary.

A new user who has already delivered a bunch of media, 110radio should be a great fit over in Austin.

9. SAR SAR (from CTC)

Wing Gundam DE - ctots - 223 TPE

I think this is a really good fit for Sarasota, they already helped their defensive line once with Crasher Wake and now they add a pass rusher on the edge. Gundam has earned well and has the most TPE for a defensive end in this class. This will help solidify the Sarasota defense for the future.

10. AZ ARI (from NYS via AUS)

Anakin Skywalker WR - ForSucksFake - 191 TPE

This could be some more Yotes favouritism but FSF is a great guy. Super energetic in the LR and his player put up some solid stat lines. I think he would be a good addition to an AZ offense that is on the older side at the WR position.

11. CHI CHI (from HON)

Dylan Duma TE - honey - 236 TPE

Honestly I know this one is wrong, honey deserves to go much higher than this. Chicago do need a linebacker but they will be getting that in the 2nd round through their GM draft pick. Duma would be a good pick that adds a different dimension to their offense.

12. BAL BAL

Josh Gibson S - DoubleDub - 261 TPE

Bust.

In all seriousness I know my (lack of) earning potential turned a lot of teams off so I've just mocked myself to a team that was in my top couple of scouting discussions.

13. NOLA NOLA (from BER)

Oskar Clark RB - goblin Jr. - 202 TPE

A great waiver wire create, Clark gets taken towards the end of the first round. NOLA were nearly as unhappy as CTC that Berlin got on a late season run that ended in a berth in the Ultimus. Either way I think that this will be a good pick for the Secondline.

14. AZ ARI

Kelijah Verwae OL - moosecop - 176 TPE

Arizona rounds out the first round by selecting the top OL available. With a few low TPE options on their line at the moment Verwae would be a good fit for the Outlaws who are certainly building that dynasty with this draft.

So there is my (terribly inaccurate) mock draft.

After the draft im going to be breaking down the different mock drafts that have been posted this season. I will determine who was the most accurate and hand out my extremely illustrious and not at all made up 'Mr/Mrs Mock Drafter'. So if you have submitted multiple mock drafts then I will pick your latest one - except for Zodiac ... I'm picking your wheel draft.