International Simulation Football League
*The first year recap from one angry dwarf - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The first year recap from one angry dwarf (/showthread.php?tid=46587)

*The first year recap from one angry dwarf - crash1005 - 07-26-2023

This year I joined the Cape Town Adventures Guild more commonly called the Crash and it lead to a very crazy season. The guild is lead by a warlock named Creg and his partner a mage named Jasper. Both were very welcoming coming off their most successful season yet they were very excited to be adding a warrior of my caliber to a team that was already very strong. But little did we know the trouble we would find our selves in, in the up coming season.

Cape Towns Haunted?
Our first mission in my rookie season had us hunting for wraiths. Which if you don't know are not easy to find but thanks to our experienced hunter Barry Badman we found them after tracking them for a few hours. After finding them the fight was on, it all got started how most fights start with our reigning most valuable adventurer our unstoppable tank the Blood Death Knight Jarvis. He just ran right into the territory of the Wraiths and jammed his sword right through a few of them. Try as they might but the Wraiths on this day were not match for the Crash they could not put out the offense the Crash could. So just like that my first mission with my new guild was a success, I even got my share of killing blows.

Fresh Meat
Our next campaign  had us heading to the windy city where a group of demons have been Butchering residents in the neighboring villages. The demon were very surprise when we showed up and it showed our fighting combination of brute strength with JHM and the finesse of our blademaster Arms Warrior Nakiri  could not be countered. But when the demons did manage to fight back they were quickly stopped by fellow fury Warrior Craig who was a constant problem for the demons ranged fighters and tanks. In the end on this day the Butchers were no match for us.

We are gonna need a bigger boat
Mission three saw us going on a nautical adventure to try and catch what might be the strongest fish there ever was, Swantavius the King of the sailfish. After not much luck on  the day we finally got a break through when Nakiri found her way into the domain of the feared Sailfish. Unfortunately this was one of few successes on the day as the King was in top form batter us for the rest of the day. Our big man in the middle Brewmaster Monk Christian did all he could keeping the dangerous fish from getting into the territory we had won but it wasn't enough to stop the King from hurting us from long range.

What's so scary about a bird named Preston?
The next time out we were sent out to crab country to hunt for the feared Hawk Preston who had be destroying crabbing vessels in the area. The Hawks were on us from the get go hitting is from all angles. JHM and Creg tried as hard as they could but there was no keeping up with the attack of the birds. Their leader Preston hitting us with every weapon at his disposal with his fastest bird Rocky doing the most to us. Nothing went right for us in out second failed mission verse wild animals.

What do you mean bigfoot is attacking the guild hall
We didn't have to look for our night fight as it showed up on our doorstep. The Yeti known as Wolfie attack fast and hard and this day would be one of the most back and forth fights I'd ever seen. It was Creg and Wolfie battering each other for hours what felt like a day. I had one of my best fights this mission getting many big hits in but every time the Yeti were right back on us. Until the very end when Wolfie and a young strong Yeti Malik hit us with a shot we could no longer withstand. The Yeti took what the wanted and left another bad week for the Crash.

They did what to the crocodile hunter
Next trip out had us on another fishing trip which had us hunter the very dangerous Hahalua known as Nova this mythical beast known to destroy many of ships. The fish were not hard to find as true to the stories they were looking for a fight as soon as we entered their waters. But they were not ready for our heavy hitters in JHM and Nakiri, the duo doing more damage then the fish could handle. The other pair of Jasper and Barry doing everything they could to make sure Nova could not get a good hit in. Finally getting a mission to go our way the tides seemed to be turning.

Is that a dragon or just a big lizard on fire?
The next mission we were on the hunt for some Fire Salamanders which had been terrorizing the German country side. Famed hunter Badman was on them from the get go but to be fair their trail wasn't hard to follow. Once we found the nest it was all over for them JHM and crew quickly got to work putting the hurt on the lizards. While Badman, Craig, and our crew did all we could to keep the fires from spreading with only the Armor Queen able to do any sort of damage. So another week we go and find some success.

Why did it have to be snakes?
The Crash's problems at home continued when this time the hall was invaded by giant Copperheads. This was a day that nothing seemed to go right Me and the boys could not keep the snakes out always seemed like they were getting just enough for us. The thing that went the worst though was Creg's demons deciding to act up, they were giving everything they could to the snakes no matter what Creg did and it ended up costing us the game and the hall for a week till the snakes decided to move on.

To kill a bird that's mocking you
So the Hawk's decided that they were gonna come to us this time after what they did to us last time. This time though they were not ready. We had been preparing all week after the L's we had been taking at home we took all protections we could. Nakiri really stole the show really putting the hurt on the birds. Not that JHM didn't cause his share of pain. The real story this day though was the defenses. From our feral Druid Singh was flying all over with the birds to the rouge Legs keep the birds in check on this day looked like a piece of cake.

Artic ghost hunters
Picture this the snow is falling and you can't see a thing then out of no where you smack by a Wraith with revenge on its mind. This is what we faced when we heard the band of Wraith were causing trouble in the frozen north. This time much like last time though we were ready for them with our new guide in the form of the Yeti Eeeeeeeee who helped us find and survive in the wilderness. I would have never known a sword cause do so much damage to a ghost unless I saw Nakiri do what she does with my own eyes. Needless to say the Wraiths wont be bothering us for the rest of the season.

Are we sure that's not a hairy skinny guy?
Our next quest sent out south to the county of oranges in such of some large aquatic mammals. The Otters would not prove easy to find luckily for us our Ret Paladin Kairo knew the area pretty well and was a driving force in fighting the hairy beasts. I also had a big fight with the Christmas Otter which I ended up coming out the winner. It was a hard battle but we ended up collecting our reward.

You ever been picked on by a fish?
So there we are just enjoying a nice day off at the beach when out of no where a ship off the coast just sinks, so of course we go and investigate which proved to be a mistake. To our surprise it was the King come to us for another fight. Try as they could Creg and Kairo just could muster enough to get past the Sailfish. As once again the fish showed us why they call him King as he sent us swimming back to the shore.

This smells like its gonna hurt
The next trouble came quickly as we awoke one morning to to smell of flesh and steel which we knew meant the Butchers had come to us for revenge. It was a battle me and my crew were battered nothing we could do to keep the demons out of the hall. Creg did all he could in one of his best fights all year hurling bolts of shadow and brimstone all over the battle field. Everyone of his minions getting in on the fight. But in the end the beast known as Dux would not be kept from his revenge as he set the torch to the guilds hall.

Monkey See monkey do
You ever been punch by a great ape? I have and it was an experience. The Silverback just appeared one day out of the mist to cause trouble in our town. I guess this was a day I had been waiting for because I showed off for this fight I hit so many gorillas with my hammer I lost count I even score a huge hit on the alpha Falco. Creg also seemed to enjoy fighting the primates cause he also had a good fight hitting them over and over. The  apes were quickly dispatched and we were left to clean up everything they had thrown.

Where do you even find big foot?
We were on a revenge mission they Yeti had come to town and left a mess and we couldn't let that stand. This time we had an ace up our sleeve in the traitor Yeti Eeeeeeee who lead us right to their cave. This time with the anger of a warlock and a pissed off death knight the Yeti didn't stand a chance. The onslaught from Creg and JHM was too much while Craig and our band kept all the Yeti from getting anywhere. The day was ours with much needed momentum heading in to the last week of the season.

How did these damn lizards even get here
They were at our door step the Fire Salamander we had fought earlier in the year had come to us. But today was not their day Creg would not be denied even if his minions tried to get him to throw the game to the other team he battle through. The Yeti coming through huge this battle plus me having some great hits meant a victory for the Crash.

Are you kidding me their back and hotter then ever
The Fire Salamanders would not go away. They returned shortly after we sent them away but this time something was different they were hotter then ever. There was nothing Creg, JHM, or Nakiri could do the lizards were everywhere. We kept the Armored Queen distracted and the Roque was kept to minimal damage. It came down to one final flame thrown by the one they call Known that put them over the edge. A season of tough battles ended by the one opponent we thought we had taken care of.

In the end my first season in my new guild was a success many victories with some tough defeats. I do know though we are not gonna win them all but we did get some good loot and EXP along the way. The reason we fight is to make our selves the best that we can possibly be. So we will keep grinding and keep doing the quests and fighting the strongest monsters the world has to offer. Hopefully our next campaign will be more successful. Well met from the hardest working dwarf in the ISFL.  CTC

RE: The first year recap from one angry dwarf - negs - 07-26-2023

Yeassirrrrr

RE: *The first year recap from one angry dwarf - lemonoppy - 07-26-2023

The Cape Town Adventurer's Guild yearly budget is just on guildhall repairs