International Simulation Football League
(S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International (/showthread.php?tid=47024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

(S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - dude_man - 08-14-2023

(S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S43 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, August 20th, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: With the growth of the game of football across the world, some countries keep calling your team to go there for a workshop, to help them be better at the game. Your team decides to send you in the offseason to travel there. With the offseason now over, tell us your experience! What country did you end up travelling to? What did they do when you reached there to help direct a workshop?

Graphic option: Make a graphic that shows yourself in another country leading a training camp sort of event. You can include flags, colors, or any other resembling features from other countries along with it if you would like. Graphics must show more effort than text on an unedited picture and some creativity or you will not receive any credit.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Rusfan - 08-14-2023

It was a new experience, being outside of the United States. Mandrews had never left his home country before and was surprised when New York picked him to be their representative to South Korea for their football exchange program. Armed with his football knowledge, a translator paid for by his team, and a mild fear of flying, Mandrews took the final week of the offseason to show off America's greatest pastime. The basics of the sport had already been set up and a few seasons had gone by in the KFL (Korean Football League) but had been met with mixed reception to those more attached to the much more well-established Korean Baseball leagues. Mandrews knew right off that the sport as it was played copied over from the states simply wouldn’t work in this new environment. The build and general athleticism of the population quite simply wouldn’t support well-played football with all it’s needed physical strength and brute force. In order for the sport to survive it needed to change.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Jimi64 - 08-14-2023

This offseason, Bukowski was sent to the country known as the Vatican City, to teach members of the Catholic church about football, the league, and to help them determine whether the sport was sinful. Bukowski sat with Pope Francis and an audience of cardinals to speak about the history of the league. He presented the pope with an Orange County Otters jersey, with Francis on the back and the number 1, as he is the first with that chosen name. As their interest peaked, Bukowski was led to the Sistine Chapel, where they practiced running plays and tossing the ball around. Bukowski even attempted to show them a punt, and although he meant to just kick the ball softly, his rocket leg caused the ball to chip the historic painting on the ceiling. The awkwardness of the situation was only saved by Bukowski changing the subject to the possibility of the Vatican City one day having their own team. All in all, the visit went well, and although the sport was successfully proved to not be sinful, it was determined that the Colorado Yeti do have their origins in the underworld.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - TheHammer43 - 08-14-2023

During the offseason, I was sent to where it all began...Canada baby! Nothing better than getting back to where it started, the game is a lot different, it's bigger, it's faster and it's a lot more dependent on the special team's side of things. The field is wider so when you're on defence you have a bit more space to cover when chasing after an opponent, there is however one extra player on both sides of the ball compared to American football. The rouge is a thing to think about but wouldn't really help me with my game, during my time here in Canada I did like to try my hardest to focus on my speed, in almost every sport I can think of speed kills and that's something I've really tried to focus on, hopefully it will help me with my tracking skills at the linebacker position like I said the field is a lot bigger so the offence has more room to escape from the defenders so hopefully when I come back to the regular size field it will help me with my endurance and speed in game.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Sonny - 08-14-2023

During the off-season Sonny went to the land of the rising sun, Japan.

He wasn't expecting to gain much out of the trip. When he thought of Japan, he thought of little lite men bouncing off walls doing high octane martial arts, and people crammed into really small spaces, something he really was not looking forward to given his size.

However, he surprised himself by stumbling into the world of sumo. A poster at the airport advertising an upcoming tournament that weekend caught his eye as he arrived in Toyko and from there in his spare time, after studying the playbook and watching tape of last season, was consumed by learning all he could about this new sport.

None of the other guys were interested about going to the tournament, so he went alone and thoroughly enjoyed it. As he was watching he was thinking how good he would be if this had been his home country and national sport. The leg strength on display was impressive and he dived into learning about their leg training, shiko, which he began to add into his own personal training.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - DoubleDub - 08-14-2023

So I'm Australia but that would be too easy if the Second Line just went me down under (also boring to write about). Because of this New Orleans decides to send me to ....... Scotland, that's right the highlands of the British Isles. 

Perhaps it's a sneaky trip up for me to visit some distilleries, even if it is the New Orleans Second Line will still find some time to host some football camps for the Saltire Army. Scotland have two main sports football (soccer) and rugby union, both have skills that can translate to the American Football field.

The goalkeepers in their football need to be tall, long and athletic - ready to take a hit if they need to claim the ball in a crowd but nimble enough to save anything. I think that makes them fantastic TE's, we would run them through some drills and pick out the best ones for a trial.

The rugby players well they do two things - run hard and make people miss and run hard and tackle. You are looking at RB's and LB's right there - we can set up a few Oklahoma drills and let them have at it.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - nickgilbert17 - 08-14-2023

With the end of the season coming around and the off-season beginning, Nicholas Gilbert decided to take a small vacation to the United Kingdom. While there, he set up a few camps and clinics to help the GB Lions and teams of the BAFA to better understand how to read plays, make decisions that change the outcomes of plays and even coach in a couple of friendly scrimmages. While there in his down time, he decided to do some sight seeing, watched a couple of rugby matches and learned how to brew the perfect cuppa. all in all, Nicholas fell in love with the UK and has purchased a home so that he may visit/live there any time he wants. he may even choose to retire there after his playing days in the ISFL are done. Now that his trip to the UK is finished, his eyes are set on next season and he hopes to crack a roster in the ISFL and show the world what he learned.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Scrizz - 08-14-2023

[Image: 7FAA71FD-C5FE-48BE-A1CB-44D12D2BA882.jpg][Image: 7FAA71FD-C5FE-48BE-A1CB-44D12D2BA882.jpg]

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - LANEFROST - 08-14-2023

This offseason, former eighth-round pick, Lane Frost III of the Dallas Birddogs, went to the United Kingdom this offseason to work out for the local flag football programs there. Frost was given to $10/hr contract to be the head coach of the UK Firebirds, a group of Make-A-Wish kids that got to play flag football as their final wish. Frost coached the team for five weeks and helped them develop skills they hadn't previously had. In their first game, quarterback Sam Henshaw passed for 105 yards on 14/15 passing and two touchdowns. His stat line ranked him first in all three categories. Cornerback/wide receiver Marcus Lewis had four catches for 50 yards and a touchdown as well as a pick-six in the final minutes of the game to give them a 21-0 victory over the UK Lions. In their second and final game, Henshaw passed for 90 yards on 10/11 passing and three touchdowns. Lewis had three interceptions, a pick-six, and a fumble recovery. They won the game 35-10.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Bayley - 08-14-2023

SHL PT